thomaspajamas

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alright tempers, if you're like me and find yourself with nothing to do and wanting some free stuff, then check out The Burning Truth .

What is the burning truth, you ask? It's a community contest site for a new PC and 360 game coming out called Frontlines: Fuel of War. The game is a FPS set in 2024, after the the world surpasses its production peak for oil and all countries start fighting to control the leftover resources.

Well that's fine and dandy, thomaspajamas, but where, pray tell, might I get this "free stuff" you speak of?

That, concerned citizen, is a good question with an easy answer. If you click here, you'll be taken to The Burning Truth's "supply store" where you can see what kind of awesome prizes you can trade in your "promotion points" for. Personally, I'm going for the 360 elite since I have no Xbox, but I would gladly settle for a remote controlled spy plane or hydrogeon powered RC car

And how might I earn these "promotion points", senator?

Easy as pie, Jonathon! Easy as pie...

You see, on the site they put up new missions/assignments every week or so, which are worth anywhere from 200 to 10,000 points. So far, every mission has been photo related, (one was just to take a picture of something "intriguing" and another was to photoshop a celebrity into a screen shot of the Frontlines game).

So how do I know this site is worth your time and efforts? Because last year the same company did the exact same thing with a website called "Dojo of Pain" for Ubisoft's "Red Steel" on the Wii, and I won 2 DS Lites, Red Steel, Far Cry Vengence, Rayman Raving Rabbids, a Wiimote, a nunchuck, an autographed Red Steel soundtrack, and a Red Steel Player's guide. Boom. What now?

At the Dojo of Pain, eventually a lot of the missions we had to do became video missions, where you had to like upload a video to youtube of yourself "training" for the release of RedSteel and then submit it to the site. And just so you know, I'd say about 90% of the people at the site were clueless about video editing, so if you have doubts in your skills you really dont need to worry. They even accecpted picture slideshows for people who dont have cameras.

Oh yeah, another way to earn points is by refering people (wink, wink) and getting people to click on links to info about the game. So yeah, the link at the top of the page will sign you up refered by "bothee" which is my username on the site. And that other link up there that takes you to IGN's preview of the game also gives me some points, but only a small ammount. (I get 100 points for every person I refer, and 20 points for every person who clicks on that link). you can only earn 1000 points a day by refering people though, so if you're worried that this is one of those scams where you have to get a certain number of people to sign up for the thing then don't worry.

So yeah. Sign up, it's awesome. Yeah, it does take a little "effort" with the missions, but theyre actually pretty fun. And in the end you get free stuff. Oh yeah, and the site is only open until March 08 I think, so the earlier you sign up the better. Plus the missions are only active for like 1 - 2 weeks, then they put up new ones for you to do, so get to it.

http://www.burningtruth.com/?friend=jKS101

and If you want to join but dont want me to get any referal points, you can just go to www.burningtruth.com. I'll understand, but be dissapointed.

Edit: Heres some pics of the booty I got from dojo of pain

1address.jpg

2-happy.jpg

3-booty.jpg

4-walloring-in-the-goodness.jpg

So Sign Up Now!!!!

or if you dont want to sign up but still want to help the cause then at least check out these links about the game:

The Long Emergency - An article from Rolling Stone about what life will be like if the peak oil theories are true

The Official Frontlines Site

A Frontlines Fan Site with all kinds of info and screen shots

Addicted to Oil - A simulation about how U.S. Oil policy can reduce our depence on importing oil

nileyg

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So how do I know this site is worth your time and efforts? Because last year the same company did the exact same thing with a website called "Dojo of Pain" for Ubisoft's "Red Steel" on the Wii, and I won 2 DS Lites, Red Steel, Far Cry Vengence, Rayman Raving Rabbids, a Wiimote, a nunchuck, an autographed Red Steel soundtrack, and a Red Steel Player's guide. Boom. What now?
mellow.gif

I Fail to Believe

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how do I know this site is worth your time and efforts? Because last year the same company did the exact same thing with a website called "Dojo of Pain" for Ubisoft's "Red Steel" on the Wii, and I won 2 DS Lites, Red Steel, Far Cry Vengence, Rayman Raving Rabbids, a Wiimote, a nunchuck, an autographed Red Steel soundtrack, and a Red Steel Player's guide. Boom. What now?
mellow.gif

I Fail to Believe
ditto.gif

thomaspajamas

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So how do I know this site is worth your time and efforts?  Because last year the same company did the exact same thing with a website called "Dojo of Pain" for Ubisoft's "Red Steel" on the Wii, and I won 2 DS Lites, Red Steel, Far Cry Vengence, Rayman Raving Rabbids, a Wiimote, a nunchuck, an autographed Red Steel soundtrack, and a Red Steel Player's guide.  Boom.  What now?
mellow.gif

I Fail to Believe

Fair enough, but here is a link to a thread in a forum that some members of the dojo of pain created after the contest was finished, and people are discussing their prizes and posting pics of them:

http://dojoofpain.s4.bizhat.com/dojoofpain-ftopic56-200.html

And if you think I fabricated that whole message board, then go to www.dojoofpain.com and they have a link to it still there on the site even though the rest of it is closed down
tongue.gif

Edit: added my own pics

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
From the Forum Rules:

Advertising
Members are not allowed to create topics or posts intended only to promote or advertise their own or any website(s) without staff permission.

So, from whom do you have permission? I mean, if this isn't a website promotion, then I'm a monkey's uncle.

thomaspajamas

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
From the Forum Rules:

Advertising
Members are not allowed to create topics or posts intended only to promote or advertise their own or any website(s) without staff permission.

So, from whom do you have permission? I mean, if this isn't a website promotion, then I'm a monkey's uncle.

Ooooo. That would be nobody. I'm sorry.

Ummm, mthrnit? Can I have permission to post this????
shy.gif

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While were at it, you can get free things from my sig without bullshit photoshoops or whatever.

They're not 360s or anything, but things like Wii point cards and Xbox live time. You don't need a credit card, and it took me 20 minutes to get enough points for my first Wii points card.

thomaspajamas

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
While were at it, you can get free things from my sig without bullshit photoshoops or whatever.

They're not 360s or anything, but things like Wii point cards and Xbox live time. You don't need a credit card, and it took me 20 minutes to get enough points for my first Wii points card.

He tells the truth, I got a Wii points card from gaminglagoon, too.
smile.gif

The thing about burning truth/dojo of pain though is that they are like a comunity/fan site as well as giving away prizes. There are forums, users can PM eachother, you make a profile with a blog and all that shenanigans.

100% Off Topic Post: Thomaspajamas I live in New Jersey too
ohmy.gif

Represent

where abouts?

When Im Gone

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Translation of first post for everyone who doesnt want to read all that:
HAY CLICK MY LINK SO THAT I CAN GET CASH FROM YOU SIGNING UP BY REFERRALS LOLS I GET FREE MONEYS KKTHXBYE!!11ONE!

thomaspajamas

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Translation of first post for everyone who doesnt want to read all that:
HAY CLICK MY LINK SO THAT I CAN GET CASH FROM YOU SIGNING UP BY REFERRALS LOLS I GET FREE MONEYS KKTHXBYE!!11ONE!

I understand where you're coming from, but you need to understand that this is for you more than for me.

First of all, its not a referal program
2nd, theres no money involved,
3rd, yes I get extra points when people sign up, but hardly enough to make it worth while trying to recruit people all damn day. This is the only website I've ever posted links to this place about simply because I thought some other people with nothing better to do would want to join a fun game community where you can win awesome prizes. I made out like a bandit last time as you can see from the photos so I'm just trying to share the love.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I'll let it go, but only because you have a dachshund, and because everybody's gonna give you hell about it anyway. Let's make this the last time though.

I'm sure you're a nice guy and wanted to introduce our members to something cool, but the proper way to do that is without the referral links.

Oh yeah... it's mthrnite btw, but who's counting...
rolleyes.gif

thomaspajamas

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'll let it go, but only because you have a dachshund, and because everybody's gonna give you hell about it anyway. Let's make this the last time though.

I'm sure you're a nice guy and wanted to introduce our members to something cool, but the proper way to do that is without the referral links.

Oh yeah... it's mthrnite btw, but who's counting...
rolleyes.gif

Yea! Thaaaank yoouuuu It wont happen again
grog.gif

I'm afraid you have one thing wrong though,

that's not a dachshund.

it's a miniature dachshund!!!!

awww-2.jpg

My cousin breeds them. And she lives in Spain. So these are actually spanish miniature dachshunds
wink.gif

awww.jpg

Awwwwwwww
laugh.gif

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Send me a mini-dachshund in the mail. Or can I win one from The Burning Truth?

I'm not playing, I'm toadally serious, BTW. Gimmie a mini-dachshund.

thomaspajamas

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm afraid I dont even have one myself to give away, I had to borrow that one from an aunt to take my profile picture.

But you can buy one here!

http://dellumo.com/

I dont think they ship them though, you have to pick them up in person.

lecture.gif
dachshunds are serious buisness

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...