Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia

Wiikey Farce Continues

Release candidate of update arrives to beta testers

wiikeyupdate.gif

Release candidate 1 of the fabled Wiikey update has reached beta testers says the Wiikey Team. Months of broken promises and silence haunt the Wiikey team as strangely out of nowhere the team updates their website claiming the update to be almost upon us.

Wiikey Team said:
A release candidate for the long-awaited update for wiikey was delivered on Friday night to some of our beta testers. This is the final step to releasing the highly anticipated and long delayed update for wiikey.

In all development work there are unforeseeable delays, and wiikey is no exception. We would like to thank our loyal customers for their support and patience!

Amazingly the Wiikey team claim that this time the update is now in the final phase of development, although they already made this same claim months ago. Dwindling patience for the long disputed update that fixes GameCube audiofix makes one wonder whether it will actually be released in the near future this time.

icon11.gif
Source

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully we will actually receive the update this time.
tongue.gif
One can only hope, yes yes?

EDIT: Heh, just noticed the edited text on the picture, Opium. Good stuff, I like it!
nyanya.gif
grog.gif

Taras

I'm Not Hating, I'm Just Sayin'
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
although they already made this same claim months ago. Dwindling patience for the long disputed update that fixes GameCube audiofix makes one wonder whether it will actually be released in the near future this time.

Oh sure, a two month delay. Wah!. But when the Earthbound/Mother3/Starmen translation team string us along for 1.5 years, it's "Be patient, quit complaining, they have real jobs, etc." Last I heard the WiiKey team didn't get paid for updates and the chip is fundamantally working, so.... quit complaining.

ozzyzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
although they already made this same claim months ago. Dwindling patience for the long disputed update that fixes GameCube audiofix makes one wonder whether it will actually be released in the near future this time.

Oh sure, a two month delay. Wah!. But when the Earthbound/Mother3/Starmen translation team string us along for 1.5 years, it's "Be patient, quit complaining, they have real jobs, etc." Last I heard the WiiKey team didn't get paid for updates and the chip is fundamantally working, so.... quit complaining.

Probably because people have money invested in WiiKeys where they don't with Mother 3. WiiKey made money on chips by making the claim that updates would be out that did all these awesome things and still haven't come out with anything. It's suspicious you've got to admit. Mother 3 is fans working for free, who owe no one anything. Are all of your arguments this air-tight?

2cb2ct7

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm going to remain optimistic. The audiofix IS an issue but the chip isn't too shabby if you don't take that into account. I'm hoping this update does get released so people will quit complaining.

Taras

I'm Not Hating, I'm Just Sayin'
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Probably because people have money invested in WiiKeys where they don't with Mother 3. WiiKey made money on chips by making the claim that updates would be out that did all these awesome things and still haven't come out with anything. It's suspicious you've got to admit. Mother 3 is fans working for free, who owe no one anything.Â

Oh, yes I think $40 to play dozens of games that cost more than that apiece retail is very fair. Especially when the dorks' only gripe is "Dude, Rainbow Mario GC totally doesn't play G-flat". The thing works and there have been updates and nobody has forked over a dime for additional updates tat are hosted at WiiKeys expense. And calling it a sham is bullshit for anyone who has ever worked in tech, yeah people expect their burgers in a timely fashion but that's your problem.

I realize the translation teams aren't being paid either, but they did go on record hyping their stuff. Only to fold like a $20 wal-mart tent.

My rant is not so much directed at them, even though they could have fessed up six months ago that they were wanking instead of translating, my rant is at the onion-heads that complain about this Wiikey issue and give the tv-watchin... I mean translation teams a free pass.
QUOTE(ozzyzak @ Jul 21 2007, 04:46 AM)Are all of your arguments this air-tight?

I don't know or care. But popular lore considers a frogs ass water-tight.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
If they add audiofix then I think a lot of us can stop complaining. It's an ADVERTISED feature that does not work.

I have no idea if the update does anything else other than audiofix, anything else would be an extra.

niklasnyfiken

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland

That's a really bad comparison. People bought Wiikey, and as paying customers, they want upgrades when their product isn't working the way it should. I'm sick of people like you who like paying for products that don't work as advertised and complain when other people want a product that is working.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm also thinking about modding my Wii with this chip.
I've heard good reviews about it.
But so apparantly the update support is not that good?
What kind of problems does the chip now have?

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I would have to see a leaked beta test version of this before I believe it. The were at the testing stage months back. No beta had been released then. They then blamed the developers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Chrono Trigger