Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From IGN:

"Stylus not enough control for you? Then you'll want to pick up Nintendo's newest DS game. The latest issue of Famitsu has the first word on Slide Adventure: Mag Kid, a new DS game that will make use of a bundled "slide controller" peripheral.

The slide controller plugs into the Game Boy Advance cartridge slot and, laying beneath the system, looks somewhat like a stand. As you slide the DS around on a table, the controller picks up your movements. This is how you move the main character about the overhead fields of play.

The main character in question is the Mag Kid of the title. This peculiar circular creature has special magnetic properties which makes things attach to him. You'll have to use this special power to solve puzzles that take place about a house.

Mag Kid has a few special moves that make use of the slide controls. Sliding the DS in an enemy's direction makes Mag Kid ram into and paralyze the enemy. Paralyzed enemies can be attached to Mag Kid, giving him, depending on the enemy type, special powers, including lasers and fire breath. Finally, when you've lost interest in your support crew, you shake the DS to release them.

Mag Kid seems capable of attaching a small army of enemies to himself -- at least eight from what we've been able to gather. Some stages require that you create chains of enemies in the correct order.

As one example of the gameplay we can expect from the game, Famitsu details a boss fight in which Mag Kid faces off against the flames from four burners on a stove (the Four Flame Brothers, as they're known). To defeat the boss, you attach water drops to Mag Kid, then toss them at the flames.

Sounds like another cool gameplay concept from Nintendo, although we're wondering if the game will support the stylus for situations where you can't place the system on the ground (like on a train, or when you're hang gliding). A Japanese release for Mag Kid is set for 8/2, so expect further details to surface shortly."

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Weird, why not a simple motion sensor?
Maybe I didn't get it
tongue.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Weird, why not a simple motion sensor?
Maybe I didn't get it
tongue.gif
I think it's some sort of optical mouse, along with a motion sensor. You slide it across the table, and the background on the screen moves accordingly? Sounds mouse-like.
unsure.gif

Anyway, can't wait to see it in action.

Any bets on who'll be the first to offer a 4-in-1 Slot2 solution?
nyanya.gif

ambitous21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how about using this for a racing game instead?
Instead of just rolling sideways, make it become like a steering wheel.

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Why would you need to turn your DS into a mouse when you've got a touchscreen?
unsure.gif
Still, it's an interesting idea. Probably not a very useful one, though. Nintendo should license the motion pack instead.
tongue.gif

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
What they could do is turn the DS into a hockey puck. All it would have on the screen is a score. That would be so cool
laugh.gif

Migugu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
There's a game on GBA called yoshi's adventure or something like that who also works with almost the same thing. the cartridge is bigger then normal and when you tilt your gba it changes the whole parcours of the game

Strokemouth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yoshi Topsy-Turvy? The only thing that has in common with this is the cartridge sticks out.

Well, that and they're both gimmicks that probably won't catch on with other games.

Ery

Trophies
XP
Country
What the hell?
I wonder how this will look in the trains when someone play DS with this then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, yes