OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hey everyone,

If you haven't seen the competition thread, I've released a piece of software exclusive to you guys, called Rominator for Nintendo DS. It's a fully functional rom manager with a bunch of cool features:

• Organize all of your game dumps in the area of your choice
• Drag & Drop right into the window
• Optional auto-renaming of your games (Including rom number, country, and release group)
• Optional Rom Trimming upon flashing (Safe Trim Included)
• Database updatable online through the program anytime
• Organize your games into as many lists as you want -- Just make a list, and from your Games list drag and drop as many games as you want onto your user-made list.
• Smart-List system - Create a list with specific criteria that will update when your rom library updates
• Detailed view of the game -- including internal name, cartridge code, icon, and box art
• Copy your games straight to your flash card
• Flash card organization - manage and delete roms
• Sub-Directory scanning -- keep your roms in their original folder
• Multiple colourful themes
• Save Game Association
• Fast-Find to quickly find the game you're looking for
• RomeR Functions: Modify Rom Information
• Create a queue list of roms and flash the list straight to your card
• Patch Trainers into roms on the fly
• Icon Collection Database -- Store all of your favourite icons
• And more!

You can download it below:
Rominator - For Mac OS X/Intel
Rominator - Windows
Rominator - Linux

Screenshot:
rominatorshot.jpg

One thing I'd like to mention:
Rominator has actually cost me money to develop. In order to bring some great features to you guys, I've had to make a choice, whether or not to purchase the extra plugins for added functionality. I bit the bullet and purchased them, even though all the software I write is freeware. I don't expect anything in return for the work I've done, but if you want to help, you're more than welcome to donate something to support the development of Rominator, if you really like it. Donations can be sent in the form of PayPal to: henry -at- hankchill -dot- com

Feedback is always appreciated.
smile.gif

Regards,
--Henry

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have not had a chance to play with it yet and will post back when I do but that screen and the feature list is impressive.

Not that it matters but do you use the header given offset for trimming DS roms and is it "only" a CRC check?

Edit: tried it out and I am impressed, one of the best initial releases I have seen ever. If (7)zip reading (even better if multiple files per archive) was added then it would be goodbye offline list.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Have not had a chance to play with it yet and will post back when I do but that screen and the feature list is impressive.

Not that it matters but do you use the header given offset for trimming DS roms and is it "only" a CRC check?

Edit: tried it out and I am impressed, one of the best initial releases I have seen ever. If (7)zip reading (even better if multiple files per archive) was added then it would be goodbye offline list.

For trimming the roms, yes I am using the internal offsets in the rom (the ones at 0x80 to 0x83).

And no, it's not just CRC, I have another method to check roms as well, because if you have a patched or trim rom, just CRC won't cut it since it won't find the game's CRC in the database, even though it's still technically a good rom.

As for Zip support, it's definitly on the todo list. I plan to add gZip, Zip, and 7Zip. And yes, it will scan all of the files in the archive
smile.gif

Regards,
--Henry

corbs132

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
picture1zp1.png

Thanks a lot, but I get that error EVERY TIME I try to do ANYTHING with the program. Then it closes.
Looks good aside from that!

zone97

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok like the concept, here are something to change...

1st the person above me fell into the same trap i did at first. You must put your roms into the install directory/games. which is a no no.. please make the rom location user editable. no one is going to want to move their rom collection to your programs folder. same with trimmed roms.

speaking of trimming. i tested it on a few roms, doesnt seem to trim. a 64meg rom stays 64 after trimming. Tested same rom with my existing trimmer and it knocked it down to 52 megs... so look into that..

intigrate the "side bar" into the main window. looks silly out to the side. thats so "yesterday"
smile.gif

other than that it seems to function well, just needs some "cleaning up"

Edit: also favorites not working, checked the boxes, click favorite button, nothing... went back to games, all un checked. PS. its Favorites. not Favourites

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States

Lynko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
COuld this replace the M3 Game Manager software? Because honestly that thing is just terrible to work with..

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Ok like the concept, here are something to change...

1st the person above me fell into the same trap i did at first. You must put your roms into the install directory/games. which is a no no.. please make the rom location user editable. no one is going to want to move their rom collection to your programs folder. same with trimmed roms.

speaking of trimming. i tested it on a few roms, doesnt seem to trim. a 64meg rom stays 64 after trimming. Tested same rom with my existing trimmer and it knocked it down to 52 megs... so look into that..

intigrate the "side bar" into the main window. looks silly out to the side. thats so "yesterday"
smile.gif

other than that it seems to function well, just needs some "cleaning up"

Edit: also favorites not working, checked the boxes, click favorite button, nothing... went back to games, all un checked. PS. its Favorites. not Favourites

You actually don't place your roms in -- you drag and drop them into the Rominator window. It'll automatically copy them to the program's folder with the correct name and all for you. The program is intended to be an all-in-one solution to store and organize into one global area, not have roms floating all over the place.

Which roms did you test with trimming? Trimming should work universally with any rom because a NDS rom has an offset in the rom that designates the actual size of the game, so it gets trimmed down according to the rom length.

The side bar will be integrated into the window, this is just the initial release, I'm already working on updates
smile.gif

Favourites isn't working (By the way in Canada we spell it 'Favourites'
tongue.gif
) for you? Seems to be working fine for me. I'll confirm though, I made some modifications before uploading (not specifically to the favourites code), so maybe some code ended up conflicting. I'll have an update later on today
smile.gif

Regards.

corbs132

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i hit settings, i try dragging a rom in, i do anything and it throws the error at my face. it hurts.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
i hit settings, i try dragging a rom in, i do anything and it throws the error at my face. it hurts.

I did exactly as you did:

I even pressed settings, and dragged my roms into my main window, and it worked just fine.

edit: I added error handling. If you get the errors, it won't boot you out now, but there's no reason why you should get these errors. If you download a fresh copy of the program, and follow instructions accordingly, you should have no problems.

And regarding the favourites issue, they work just fine for me. I can check and uncheck them, press the favourites button and it'll filter out the favourites. I'll have 1.0.1 up soon though.

--Henry

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
This thing looks bad ass.
If it's simple enough for a 11 year old to use it, then it's a great app.

I'll give it a try.

My goal was simplicity and ease of use
smile.gif

FYI for the current users: I did find a slight issue with the favourites. The layout has been tweaked, and it's all in one window now (the toolbar has been nixed) I think it looks better now
smile.gif

I think I might also change the top title picture. It just seems too big. Oh well, I made it in 2 minutes
tongue.gif

1.0.2 on the way tonight!

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over