OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
R4 Owners!!!
I am sure NONE of you guys regret purchasing R4 as their SLOT-1 solution among so many products out there!
For those who are biting their nails off while waiting for their R4 to arrive... believe me it's worth the wait!

There was a guy called himself, oaktree posting multiple topics regarding R4.
I am quite positive he works for R4 team, so if you read this oaktree pass on the message to your coder/developer please...
It's a requests/ideas not a demand...

1. We wish English website to be updated same time as Chinese website.
(Seriously there are guys already put up a website with the skins that we can't use... We just look and wish we could use them.)

2. Supply the homebrew developer with your great product, so R4 can be more compatible with the homebrews.
(Sending out about 20 R4s will result in 1000 more R4 sales, by just having 20 more homebrews working in R4.)
(I really want to use DS Organizer...)

3. Make SAVE converter and ROM Trimmer, bit more professional by adding help and some graphics. Multiple file trimming would be superb!
(Just by finetuning the software, entire product looks more professional.)

If you guys got something to add on please go on~
(I would like to rule out requests for adding compatibility for download play and so on... because R4 teams are already working on it.)

ambitous21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
better GUI for the games menu!
not the text boring thing, make it like moonshell!

but i wonder if this will ever work.. maybe we should just send an email after everyone leaves an input here.. that will work better

aristo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
better GUI for the games menu!
not the text boring thing, make it like moonshell!

but i wonder if this will ever work.. maybe we should just send an email after everyone leaves an input here.. that will work better

Looks like shaunj66 has a connection with R4 Team...
biggrin.gif

Hopefully he will pass on the message, I think it's better then single individuals sending out
letter which might sound like a baby cry... (or is it already sounds like that!!!
unsure.gif
)

iza

gbatemp, the new crack
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
YEA!!! we want more. and for the R4 to not suck! but i'm sure the Simply and (one) will suck when they get here too. (expecially since the Simply and this look EXACTLY the same, minus the logo) but nice try!

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What makes you so sure that this guy oaktree works for them?

1. It's standard to release their native language versions first and they have been extremely fast updating it over for english ver. So I really can't ask for more here, they have been very productive.

2. They have released the FATlib, so homebrew developers just need to include it in their future releases for full R4 support.

3. Why do you want a more 'graphical' look on the save converter and the rom trim progam? :S
It works excellent as it is and a more nicer graphical look is the least what I think someone would want :|
Although, a reverse option would be nice. To convert the saves to the other formats from R4.

But really now.. is there really anything else other than maybe a more advanced GUI that we really need?
R4 has done an amazing job as it is
smile.gif

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There was a guy called himself, oaktree posting multiple topics regarding R4.
I am quite positive he works for R4 team, so if you read this oaktree pass on the message to your coder/developer please...
Haha, oaktree was awesome. Actually pretty ironic that his blatant "praise" of R4 (which obviously looks like a dev pushing a crappy product with "customer reviews") wound up being true and not just talk
tongue.gif
. R4 is pretty damn awesome of now. Still waiting on mine to be shipped, but from the review and what I've seen, I can't ask for too much more. Like ambitous21 said, GUI. If it could look somewhat like the Supercard DS GUI (which is very very pretty
wub.gif
) or at least something not as bland as the current one, it'd be perfect. More homebrew support as well, which isn't really something they have too much control over. That's really it for me.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Download play bugs me at the moment

as far as i know the only download play games with problems are the mario ones and from what i remember reading it has to do with a internal check they do on the secure area of the rom

Well yes, It still bugs me (I actually have real copies of almost all Mario games on DS >_>) that the R4 is just that close to 100% compatibility all-round. So with this internal check - a simple firmware update will solve the problem?

baxor

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just have a simple requst.

Put all savefiles in a seperate SAVES folder

It just lets you keep all your saves easily without cluttering up the root of the memstick.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

It just lets you keep all your saves easily without cluttering up the root of the memstick.

wtf.gif
Does it really not? Goddamnit that sucks. In that case, I'm requesting the same.

Well the only time you'll be confused is when you load your TF card on your computer; on the DS you can cancel out the sav's from the list by pressing select

kiruyama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nicer GUI in the menus (other than the main) is all that's left to make R4 the end all be all slot 1 cart. Oh, and release english 1.05 fw asap >_>.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I doubt the team will reply directly so I'll tell you guys some of what I know.
smile.gif

English 1.05 will be released in the next couple of weeks, it will support skinning and will fix download play on many more games. The team hope hope to release Chinese and English firmwares simultaneously in the future.

And if any of you are holding out for a feature on the R4 (or even M3) to disable auto boot, and show in the main DS menu then don't hold your breath. The team have said its impossible due to the way the cart was designed.

mr_blonde_88

Torture You? That's A Good Idea. I Like That
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country

wtf.gif
Does it really not? Goddamnit that sucks. In that case, I'm requesting the same.

Well the only time you'll be confused is when you load your TF card on your computer; on the DS you can cancel out the sav's from the list by pressing select

That and, if you create a folder for each ROM, the save will save in that folder

aristo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I doubt the team will reply directly so I'll tell you guys some of what I know.
smile.gif

English 1.05 will be released in the next couple of weeks, it will support skinning and will fix download play on many more games. The team hope hope to release Chinese and English firmwares simultaneously in the future.

And if any of you are holding out for a feature on the R4 (or even M3) to disable auto boot, and show in the main DS menu then don't hold your breath. The team have said its impossible due to the way the cart was designed.

Thank you shaunj66.

Next couple of weeks... is quite a long time huh?
Well, I should get back to my DS+R4... I guess it's no use keep checking back on their website for 1.05 firmware then...

tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr