Homebrew Strife DS

codehavok129

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I've just completed Doom DS. And it was very enjoyable.And it reminded me of how fun Strife used to be, when you get the sigil and best everyone away...Strife was my very first FPS. And i enjoy it more than doom. So i thought to myself..doom and strife use the same game engine, i wonder if it's possible to port it to DS....

So i am asking you you homebrew guru's out there.. "Is it possible for the DS to emulate Strife?" And if so how Can you explain the easiest way i can play it on my DS. I was thinking of tinkering around with the Doom DS Cfg files to get Strife.wad to run. Can i do this. It would defiantly be for my own personal use, and none other than that. With this being said. Is it possible? Thanks in advance.

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
codehavok129 said:
I was thinking of tinkering around with the Doom DS Cfg files to get Strife.wad to run. Can i do this. (I think you forgot that a ? is needed at the end of a question)
Easiest answer - Try it and see.

codehavok129

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well so far some luck..It looks the DS will in fact emulate it. I just have to figure out how to get the Strife Voices.wad to work. This is gonna be really cool! =)

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
codehavok129 said:
Well so far some luck..It looks the DS will in fact emulate it. I just have to figure out how to get the Strife Voices.wad to work. This is gonna be really cool! =)

Emulate? I doubt the DS can emulate the Computer CPUs needed for the DOOM Engine (mainly because emulation is terribly complex.) DoomDS is a PORT of the engine to the DS meaning it has been recoded to run on the DS's ARM processor.
Emulating generally refers to processors and hardware and simulating those within a different CPU and hardware.

I know this hasn't added anything but I just thought I'd clear up this misunderstanding over the term "Emulation"

choconado

Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hell, I'm Interested, and I only ever got around to playing the shareware demo. But it was the first time I truly encountered modern stealth techniques and the consequences in violating your stealth.

Once I shot the dude in the shop at the beginning, and suddenly the alarm went out and guards started pouring out towards the store, and I found myself holed up in a total butch cassidy and the sundance kid situation, with far less ammo than enemies, and hiding behind the counter.

It sucked situation wise, but I had never had something like that happen in a game before, so it seemed kinda awesome too. Good game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself