Hacking Poll - Should Normmatt continue with AKAIO ???

Do YOU think AKAIO is officially 'DEAD'

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
OK might be jumping the gun a bit but there's been a LOT of speculation in several threads that since Rudolph has hacked AKAIO to work on Clone R4 cards, AKAIO is now 'Dead' (See this thread)

Now Normmatts being very quiet about this (I've even PM him & had no reply), & his Forum has also been 'Suspended' (see this thread) - leading to the speculation that AKAIO is in fact 'DEAD'

Without any info "from-the-horses-mouth" to why all this has happened a lot of people are getting worried
[If it is DEAD then that's gonna leave a lot of Acekard users disappointed]

So I've decided to post this Poll to let everyone have a vote to show how much Normmatt is appreciated (or not - depending on the results) & to post their views/questions etc about whether AKAIO should continue or not

I have only ONE question to Normmatt

Q) If you ARE killing off AKAIO, would you consider releasing the code to other TRUSTWORTHY programmers to continue the development/support ??

EDITED: Just found out that there are in fact 3 developers of AKAIO (Normmatt,Smiths and Gelu) - May I appologise the fact I missed them out.
I assumed Normmatt was the only developer as he seem's to be the most active member here on GBATemp and on the AKAIO forums

Any refereneces to 'Normmatt' should actually be considered to refer to all the developers - once again Sorry

enfz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Eon-Rider said:
This thread is unnecessary. He will make his choice when and if he wants to.

Whilst that may be true, the intentions are genuine. I guess we are all trying to drum up support for Norm/AKAIO to continue working on AKAIO. Ultimately the choice lies with Norm, at least he knows there are a lot of users out there that support his work!

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
enfz said:
Eon-Rider said:
This thread is unnecessary. He will make his choice when and if he wants to.
Whilst that may be true, the intentions are genuine. I guess we are all trying to drum up support for Norm/AKAIO to continue working on AKAIO. Ultimately the choice lies with Norm, at least he knows there are a lot of users out there that support his work!
As 'enfz' has said - I did this poll to show Normmatt how much he's appreciated & to show how much support he has - If he DOES decide to end AKAIO, it IS up to him.

If I gave the impression of doing the poll to try & force him to continue AKAIO - then I appologise. I didn't mean it to give that impression

I won't hold it against him & I bet many others won't either
After all he may have other commitments & can't keep the support going as much as he'd like anymore

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A) Boo-hoo. It's Normatt's decision. Bugging him with a poll won't change his mind to come back, in fact it'll probably do the opposite.
B) If Rudolph hacked it, can he work on it?
C) Worthless thread is worthless.

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
I dont believe AKAIO is dead but I do remember that Normatt forsaw this going to happen.

FORESEE>QUITING

Anyway, it's up to him to decide and we dont know what's behind this reason. Rudolph hacking it is just another person to Normatt who will try to hack AKAIO.

This should give Normatt the time to think for a better build of AKAIO.

Nintendo DID built a better wall for the DSi and will continue building it until one gives up

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
N64Temp said:
What about Smiths? Nobody says anything about him.
I guess you're talking about the other developer of AKAIO.... Well I appologise for not mentioning him mainly because I never heard about him until now.

I assumed Normmatt was the developer since:
> It's was always his name that popped up here when updates were released
> The AKAIO forum is under his name (www.normatt.com)
> He seemed to be the only person to reply withing the Forums

In fact, on the subject of missing developers - what about 'gelu' ?? - apparently his name is also mentioned on the AKAIO Wiki

bach3609

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bleh, I don't think it COULD be official dead but it won't be completely as long as someone updates the Loaders.

It is Normmatt's choice if he wants to work on it, so let him be.

It is about time the acekard team works on their own firmware, because if they can not keep up to date themselves acekard might as well die because their team can't even constantly support their own card. Basically they have been using AKAIO as a cover up as a chance to not work on their OFW.

Ok, it might be stupid for normmatt to stop, because you can implement a check to see if it is his firmware or the cracked one. If they don't match, the loaders will not work.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Just give the man some time. Maybe he needs a break from it all. I'm grateful for the free time he and his team has dedicated to AKAIO, while they get nothing in return.

In the end it's his choice and I don't see how posting a poll about it will help. It's not like the acekard was overly expensive, and it still gets official support (granted it's a lot slower).

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I do not understand why people continue to compare the official firmware to AKAIO. To some of us IT IS NOT POSSIBLE to revert to the official firmware, due to the extra FEATURES that AKAIO has, irregadless of loader fixes that the Acekard team might eventually provide.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I vote......well......I can't vote on this because an option doesn't exist that I would pick. What option is that, you ask? An option that says, "If Normmatt feels like it". Normmatt is the only person who's opinion matters when it comes to whether he continues making the firmware or not.

Now personally, I look at it this way, if I create something and release it on the net to the public, I don't expect people to abide by any "rules" I may put on the release, especially considering we are all a bunch of software pirates, when it comes to DS software anyway. But some people DO expect their wishes to be respected. Normmatt is one such person, and people are taking his work and releasing mods or are calling it their own.....or whatever the case may be. I don't blame him for being angry and stopping, if that is what he chooses to do.

Sure, for the sake of AceKard users, I hope he does continue, but I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't, nor could I blame him.

caster62003

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So all this MOD edition does is allow AKAIO to run on many different cards? If that is the case, it should now be more popular than ever as those that got stuck with a fake card can now enjoy Normmatt,Smiths and Gelu awesome program without having to buy an Acekard.

imo Rudolph and AKAIO team should work together, AKAIO makes updates, and Rudolph can make it so everybody can enjoy it. What do you think the creator of YSmenu thought when that was made to work on R4s?

I really don't see this as the end of AKAIO, the team just needs a break, discuss some terms and aggrement, and there will be an update when the time comes.

Eon-Rider

Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
caster62003 said:
So all this MOD edition does is allow AKAIO to run on many different cards? If that is the case, it should now be more popular than ever as those that got stuck with a fake card can now enjoy Normmatt,Smiths and Gelu awesome program without having to buy an Acekard.

imo Rudolph and AKAIO team should work together, AKAIO makes updates, and Rudolph can make it so everybody can enjoy it. What do you think the creator of YSmenu thought when that was made to work on R4s?

I really don't see this as the end of AKAIO, the team just needs a break, discuss some terms and aggrement, and there will be an update when the time comes.
Uh... what. If you've actually been paying attention, you'd know that one of the reasons Normmatt has quit is BECAUSE he doesn't want AKAIO to be run on R4s because they're rubbish and don't deserve it.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Eon-Rider said:
caster62003 said:

Uh... what. If you've actually been paying attention, you'd know that one of the reasons Normmatt has quit is BECAUSE he doesn't want AKAIO to be run on R4s because they're rubbish and don't deserve it.

NO they need to learn to buy an good flashcard instead of an stupid fake r4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Real women are better, AI isn't worth the trouble.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Mine would be easy. All it has to do is bob it's head :D:evil::blush:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi can make an AI babe lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    vffvb gferwbgereg
    :O [☎️ Bunjolio's mother that he's swearing]
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    she*
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck
    +1
  • J @ Just_Ragnar:
    What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card
    My apologies there little Miss @Bunjolio :mellow::blush::)
    Butt I'm still telling her :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never gonna give you upNever gonna let you downNever gonna run around and desert youNever gonna make you cryNever gonna say goodbyeNever gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sigma
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Sometimes people make mistakes, if you correct them then they'll remember.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What I can't just call someone a dick or a vagina
    ... [looks up vagina] 🤓 🔎 📖 ] :O:ohnoes::ohnoes::ohnoes: 🤢🤮
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good thing I have a vagina
    +1
  • Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu:
    Evil SylverReZ: "GuldRez"
    I always knew you were a Kunt @K3Nv2 :tpi::rofl2:
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I always knew you were a Kunt @K3Nv2 :tpi::rofl2: