Hacking Acekard 2 Problems - help!?

bjs2010uk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there I am new to all of this so I apologise in advance!!!

I have just received my Acekard 2 from deal extreme and have followed the instructions shown to load ROM's onto the card however when I try and load any of the games the screen frezzes on 'loading' in blue letters.

I have already tried fully formatting the micro SD card then loading the firmware onto the card however this has not rectified the problem.

Also I have put the akaio firmware onto the SD card and also put on the AK2 loader. This has enabled me to get a bit further with loading the ROM's - games load up to the start screen and then freeze.

Does anyone know if there is a solution to the above problems or is the Acekard broken?

Thanks in advance!!!

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Download AKAIO 1.5.1 here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=200181

then unpack this onto the root of your micro SD. There will be a file akmenu4.nds and a folder __aio. Now make a folder Games and put a known / non problematic game into it. Put this into your Acekard 2 and it should work. Also, if it's a new Acekard 2, it doesn't hurt to clean up the golden contacts with a QTIP or a soft cloth, just in case it has collected dust.

bjs2010uk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the quick replies. I will try it again with the version 1.51 as I dont know what I had before. WHere do I create the Game folder? Is it also in the route? Is the route just the main section of the memory card i.e. when you click on the removable drive on my computer its that first bit where its not in any folders etc?

Thanks

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
bjs2010uk said:
WHere do I create the Game folder? Is it also in the route? Is the route just the main section of the memory card i.e. when you click on the removable drive on my computer its that first bit where its not in any folders etc?
Yes.

bjs2010uk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
HI I have just loaded the AKAIO 1.5.1 software onto the SD card and then created a games folder and placed just the .nds folder into there. However the game loads and when I get to the sart menu of the game it freezes! I have tried this on two differnet ROM's now. Any suggestions?

Thanks again

Armson

Trophies
XP
Country
bjs2010uk said:
HI I have just loaded the AKAIO 1.5.1 software onto the SD card and then created a games folder and placed just the .nds folder into there. However the game loads and when I get to the sart menu of the game it freezes! I have tried this on two differnet ROM's now. Any suggestions?

Thanks again

Hi!

We have the same problems! But there is a way to solve this. Not the best way... but it will do for now. I quote my self from DX-fourm:

QUOTETried aikaio 1.5, aikaio 1.5.1 and Official Version 4.21. Non of them worked properly. Many ppl seems to have this problem.
Now I've tried an old firmware and got it to work. Dont know if all new gems will work with this. The file i donwloaded is "ak2_407_a15_20080626_release.zip"

Take a look at this tread on DX. http://www.dealextreme.com/forums/Forums.d...threadid.508767

Hope this will work for you too!

bjs2010uk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armson said:
bjs2010uk said:

Thanks again

Hi!

We have the same problems! But there is a way to solve this. Not the best way... but it will do for now. I quote my self from DX-fourm:

QUOTETried aikaio 1.5, aikaio 1.5.1 and Official Version 4.21. Non of them worked properly. Many ppl seems to have this problem.
Now I've tried an old firmware and got it to work. Dont know if all new gems will work with this. The file i donwloaded is "ak2_407_a15_20080626_release.zip"

Take a look at this tread on DX. http://www.dealextreme.com/forums/Forums.d...threadid.508767

Hi thanks soooooooooooooooooo much for this info. I have just tried one game and it worked fine into the gameplay so I will have to see how it goes over the next couple of weeks as it may not work with some games. Have you encountered any problems with using that firmware so far?

Thanks

Armson

Trophies
XP
Country
bjs2010uk said:
Armson said:
bjs2010uk said:

Thanks again

Hi!

Hi thanks soooooooooooooooooo much for this info. I have just tried one game and it worked fine into the gameplay so I will have to see how it goes over the next couple of weeks as it may not work with some games. Have you encountered any problems with using that firmware so far?

Thanks

I have used this firmware for just a few days, but havent had any problems yet. But its from 2008 so I doubt all new games will work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8uydsntOyc