• Start date
  • Views 8,613
  • Replies 18
D

Deleted-171178

OP
QUOTE(djdynamite123;73171) said:
_46723055_channel_schedule.jpg

The BBC iPlayer is relaunching on the Nintendo Wii in the form of a dedicated Wii channel on 18 November.

Only consoles with a broadband connection in the UK will be able to run the channel.
To get the service, Wii owners will be able to download it from the console's online shop for free.
The BBC iPlayer has been on the Wii since April 2008 but many console owners reported problems with the original interface.
The iPlayer is also available on Sony's PlayStation 3 console.
The BBC is not the only broadcaster to experience difficulties with bringing its catch-up service to games consoles.
Sky launched the Sky Player on the Xbox 360 in October but Microsoft temporarily suspended the service almost straightaway due to "unprecedented levels of simultaneous demand".
Erik Huggers, direct of Future Media and Technology at the BBC, said that the evolved Wii service was an improvement on the old BBC iPlayer system, describing it as a "faster, high quality and improved viewing experience".
According to research company Chart Track GfK there are almost six million Wii consoles in British homes.
The catch-up radio and television service is also launching in trial, or beta, form on the Freesat TV platform later in November.
British broadcaster Channel 4 has concentrated on making its on-demand service 4OD more accessible on the internet.
In October it announced that it would be showing entire programmes free of charge on YouTube.

Source: Tehskeen

ballboff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's great news, I'm all for on demand tv, I hate being restricted to viewing my programs when they decide to show it. And not just that but I'm just really useless at remembering to watch things, or being bothered even when it's recorded on series link. So anything that makes your day to day life just that easier is great if you ask me. I was pretty miffed when they updated the flash on the wii browser, only to find that meant I could no longer use iplayer lol.

D

Deleted-171178

OP
I think iPlayer depends on your location, so american users would be able to pirate the channel but still not watch it.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe

Gullwing

homo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
Chanser said:
Gullwing said:
Oh god I want that! I don't live in UK! Those retards
frown.gif

You calling British people retards?
wtf.gif

They are pretty retarded.
Nah! British people that limit the service only to their country are retarded... The channel itself will play in an any country pal wii but I'm sure that it won't connect to the British servers

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Gullwing said:
Law said:
Chanser said:
Gullwing said:
frown.gif

wtf.gif

Nah! British people that limit the service only to their country are retarded... The channel itself will play in an any country pal wii but I'm sure that it won't connect to the British servers

The reason is because the BBC is funded through tax. Feel free to come over and and pay tax for owning a TV if you really want to watch it, though.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Law said:
Gullwing said:
Law said:
Chanser said:
Gullwing said:
frown.gif

wtf.gif

The reason is because the BBC is funded through tax. Feel free to come over and and pay tax for owning a TV if you really want to watch it, though.

Yeah i don't agree with TV License, we don't even watch BBC.

Kkolko

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
ozguy said:
Might be able to patch it to use a proxy server in the UK.
Proxies don't really work any more for the iPlayer, the BBC got smart. The only thing that still works for me is TOR, and that would be difficult to implement in a Wii channel, methinks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Let me finish do the harder drugs