Gaming Mario & Luigi - Bowser's Inside Story working on R4 (on mine,

mikeym1979

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey folks. I found a version of YSMenu that seems to allow usage of this game on my R4DS. I played it until the first Bowser fight, and it all ran perfectly. You can download YSMenu *snip

I apologize if this doesn't belong here, or in this section. The link I provided contains the YSMenu I've used in order to get this game working on my R4DS.

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Right, im using an R4 card, and i would like to know exactly what i need to do please
happy.gif

S

ShinAbo

Not working !
cry.gif

any special way to install ?
using the patched rom or just AR codes ?

mikeym1979

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
outgum said:
Right, im using an R4 card, and i would like to know exactly what i need to do please
happy.gif
Certainly, check your inbox. Also, please forgive me for sharing this information.
sleep.gif
' It saves me some time if others need help.

QUOTE(ShinAbo @ Sep 27 2009, 07:25 PM) Not working !
cry.gif

any special way to install ?
using the patched rom or just AR codes ?
It's not a very special way. Try this, here's a copy and paste from a PM I replied to outgum.

You basically download the game I linked to (I say this because it's the one that worked for me. There are other versions of the game, as well as "patched" versions, so I can't say if those other versions would work as mine has), use WinRar to extract the game to your desktop. Once that's done, download the YSMenu link I provided, and again, extract it to your desktop.

Then you place the teeny tiny card (I forgot the correct term lol) into the little device that connects into your computers USB slot. If you have ANYTHING in your R4 card, I recommend you make a copy of it and place it some where safe, as I can't guarantee this will work for everyone, and I'd rather not be held responsible for things potentially going wrong and data being lost.

Anyhoo, once you've backed your things up from your R4, freely delete everything from your R4, making sure it's empty. Then open up the YSMenu folder you have on your desktop, drag and drop the contents of the YSMenu folder into your R4 card. You should have a butt load of items in your R4 card now. Create a new folder in your R4 card, and name it "Games". Place your Mario & Luigi game that you just downloaded and extracted to your desktop, into the "Games" folder in your R4. After that, just remove the device from your USB slot, and place the iddy biddy R4 card into your DS and play.
smile.gif
Should work. I mean, I have an R4DS using the same YSMenu. I'm really shocked, I mean...I had YSMenu before, and the game always froze when choosing a save file. I'm unsure what's so special about this version of YSMenu, but I'm grateful it allows me to play this game. Though, it irritates me that I'm unable to skin it myself lol.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
mikeym1979 said:
Anyhoo, once you've backed your things up from your R4, freely delete everything from your R4, making sure it's empty. Then open up the YSMenu folder you have on your desktop, drag and drop the contents of the YSMenu folder into your R4 card. You should have a butt load of items in your R4 card now. Create a new folder in your R4 card, and name it "Games". Place your Mario & Luigi game that you just downloaded and extracted to your desktop, into the "Games" folder in your R4. After that, just remove the device from your USB slot, and place the iddy biddy R4 card into your DS and play.
smile.gif
Should work. I mean, I have an R4DS using the same YSMenu. I'm really shocked, I mean...I had YSMenu before, and the game always froze when choosing a save file. I'm unsure what's so special about this version of YSMenu, but I'm grateful it allows me to play this game. Though, it irritates me that I'm unable to skin it myself lol.[/i]

It's not the version of YSMenu that's special, it's the fact that it was built with the unofficial DSTT firmware with the fix for M&L3 that makes it work. Plus you do know that linking to roms or places with roms is against GBAtemp rules don't you?

mikeym1979

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
mikeym1979 said:
smile.gif
Should work. I mean, I have an R4DS using the same YSMenu. I'm really shocked, I mean...I had YSMenu before, and the game always froze when choosing a save file. I'm unsure what's so special about this version of YSMenu, but I'm grateful it allows me to play this game. Though, it irritates me that I'm unable to skin it myself lol.[/i]

It's not the version of YSMenu that's special, it's the fact that it was built with the unofficial DSTT firmware with the fix for M&L3 that makes it work. Plus you do know that linking to roms or places with roms is against GBAtemp rules don't you?
No, I didn't know that. I really should get around to reading the rules here.
sleep.gif
' Does this mean I will be banned? I only did this thinking it would be helpful to some.

Edit: I'll remove the link in my first post. But, is it alright to keep the download link to YSMenu?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
mikeym1979 said:
No, I didn't know that. I really should get around to reading the rules here.
sleep.gif
' Does this mean I will be banned? I only did this thinking it would be helpful to some.

Edit: I'll remove the link in my first post. But, is it alright to keep the download link to YSMenu?

If you remove the link you should be alright. It's not against the rules to link to a download of YSMenu but the creator of the program prefers it if people don't, well to be more honest he absolutely hates it! lol He'd rather they got it from his site and built it themselves. There's plenty of threads with instructions on how to do it around, the thread about the new unofficial DSTT firmware has them. Like I said, it's not the YSMenu that counts for it working, it's the DSTT firmware it's built with.

origamimaker

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
...Let me see if I understood... You played Mario & Luigi - Bowser's Inside Story until first Bowser`s battle, right? And after that ? Did you have any problems (like the "infinite live" of Bowser in the first battle)? I really need to know because I don`t want to pay about 100U$ on a single game (I`m brazilian, and here the games are expensive)...

Azariel_z

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
outgum said:
i got it working on my R4 without using YSMenu, I used R4i V1.11b on my standard R4 and it worked

I always thought that using one of those other firmware on legit old R4 would brick your card, OR your NDS..

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
QUOTE said:
I always thought that using one of those other firmware on legit old R4 would brick your card, OR your NDS..

beats me lol, Risk = Reward? bricking is when you update it online, These are just files? Shouldnt damage anything

leonster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So why, exactly, are we not supposed to get pre-made versions of YSMenu? I consider myself fairly tech and computer savvy as far as ordinary things go--heck, even out-of-the-ordinary, such as manually tearing apart my Wii modchip to get it to work in a different region than it was designed for! But even as an occasional user of Linux, I've never compiled anything from scratch, and don't see any need to do so now, when I could just download a zip file and place it on my card.

??

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
leonster said:
So why, exactly, are we not supposed to get pre-made versions of YSMenu? I consider myself fairly tech and computer savvy as far as ordinary things go--heck, even out-of-the-ordinary, such as manually tearing apart my Wii modchip to get it to work in a different region than it was designed for! But even as an occasional user of Linux, I've never compiled anything from scratch, and don't see any need to do so now, when I could just download a zip file and place it on my card.

??

Simple answer,the creator of YSmenu doesn't like having premade links posted on forums and such and has threatened to cut off working on it anymore if premade versions are posted,but from what I hear there hasn't been an update in a few months he may have already stopped support.....

ReDevil

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
outgum said:
i got it working on my R4 without using YSMenu, I used R4i V1.11b on my standard R4 and it worked
And how exactly did you accomplish that? The system files are different between R4 and R4i. Not trying to be a jerk, but until I see proof, YSmenu is the only thing I have seen work on an R4.

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hmmmm hang on, i shall show you pictures

Edit: I dont know WHY it worked it just did O_O I tried making a video on my webcam but i dont know how to get it to video, but if you want even more solid proof, feel free to PM me your msn or instant messenger and ill webcam and show you
happy.gif

But here are the pictures i said i would get!

Stuffwff.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1