Hacking Problem after download AKAIO 1.5

Twilight Loz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded the 1.5. I put the _aio file in my root along with the ak2menu.nds (something like that). When I wanted to play pokemon platinum, it would direct me to the 'new game' screen. I couldn't find my saved game.. I then checked all of my games and all the save file was gone. Does anybody know how to fix this? I really need to play my saved games!!!

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Check what the extension is for your Pokemon Platinum. Is it possible that you were using the old .NDS.SAV extensions? I ask this because AKAIO 1.5 defaults to .SAV

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
As Norm said in the 1.5 topic, make sure you've got the latest loaders.

I'm not sure if 1.5 comes with the latest loaders, so check that first.

Kroganwrex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hes right, pokemon plat doesnt even load.

Posts merged

I have the latest loaders, but no game will load. Ive tried everything, no game wants to load, screw this im reverting.

Lkr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kroganwrex said:

Posts merged

I have the latest loaders, but no game will load. Ive tried everything, no game wants to load, screw this im reverting.
hit start and change save type to .nds.sav

Mr.Positive

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lkr said:
Kroganwrex said:

Posts merged

hit start and change save type to .nds.sav

He doesn't mean that the saves won't load, but the actual ROM won't. The same thing is happening with my 2.1 when I try to use 1.5.

Twilight Loz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what i mean is that i cant load my saved games, so i have to new game.

So what if i replace the other firmware that i already had with 1.5, would that fix it? And if i change the save file to a .nds.sav then will i be able to load my games with the 1.5 akaio?

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
AKAIO 1.5 recognises save games as .sav by default. Previous AKAIO version recognised them as .nds.sav. If your save files are .nds.sav then your Acekard wont see them and pretend they don't exist. Change the save option in AKAIO to .nds.sav again and your saves will work again. OR rename all your .nds.sav files as .sav and use the default AKAIO 1.5 option.

As for games not loading at all I haven't experienced this problem at all. I suggest you backup your games and saves and format the card. Then copy a fresh 1.5 onto the card and try again.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do not copy 1.5 over 1.4.1 it will make them go to white screens.
delete your old akaio files and put them on the msd fresh from the 1.5 archive.
and just to be safe update the loader through wifi update or download them and put thenm in the proper location.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
After formating the SD Card and installing 1.5 from scratch I still had no luck getting Akaio 1.5 to load games - up until the point when I found what was actually causing it.

Its the cheat enabling, once you enable it (globaly or for a specific rom, it doesn't matter) roms wont load and you'll be stuck with the dual white screens. Disabling it, all roms would load flawlessly.

That sais, if you hold down A while the rom loads, that rom would actually load with cheats enabled - only not using the default loading mechanism, where you don't press anything during the loading screen of a game.

-

Wierd choice if you ask me - enable cheats in the menue and you won't be able to load games anymore, not very n00b friendly...

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
notimp said:
After formating the SD Card and installing 1.5 from scratch I still had no luck getting Akaio 1.5 to load games - up until the point when I found what was actually causing it.

Its the cheat enabling, once you enable it (globaly or for a specific rom, it doesn't matter) roms wont load and you'll be stuck with the dual white screens. Disabling it, all roms would load flawlessly.

That sais, if you hold down A while the rom loads, that rom would actually load with cheats enabled - only not using the default loading mechanism, where you don't press anything during the loading screen of a game.

-

Wierd choice if you ask me - enable cheats in the menue and you won't be able to load games anymore, not very n00b friendly...

That was a bug on my part update to the latest loaders from http://akaio.gbatemp.net/nloaders/ and the problem is fixed.

italianmod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The old save files have this format title.nds.sav
The new save files have this format title.sav

So all you have to do is pop your microSD into your PC and rename all .nds.sav files to .sav files and everything will work perfectly.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Thanks! Replaced it and it now works flawlessly. You might think about releasing a repack though, because I first grabbed it from gbatemp right at the bottom of the newsstory, not expecting that I had to update the loader, because it was a major release...

Thanks for the help and all the effort and work put into this release though, nevermind the nitpicking..
wink.gif

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
notimp said:
Thanks! Replaced it and it now works flawlessly. You might think about releasing a repack though, because I first grabbed it from gbatemp right at the bottom of the newsstory, not expecting that I had to update the loader, because it was a major release...

Thanks for the help and all the effort and work put into this release though, nevermind the nitpicking..
wink.gif

It worked fine for me and many others so it wasnt a global issue.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
If you should wan't to track down, why this was an issue at least for some people - this is my configuration.

DSi with 1.4 Firmware;
Acekard 2i HwID 81, patched with EUR language patch and obviously the 1.4 FW patch to run on the DSi;
MicroSD: Genuine 4GB Kingston (Japan);

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo