Hacking Rockband DLC Saving Problem

badbwai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is in the right section, if it isn't I am sorry.
Here's my problem!

Okay so, I'm on 3.2U and I am using a Rock band 2 ISO (Backup).
Now, when I buy DLC it saves on my SD card, but when I play it, it goes back into my Wii's memory.
I don't know why. I'm guessing it's the Backup loader that I'm using which is Gamma 002 Fix & Gecko OS. (It still happens on both)
It's still on the SD card but it creates a copy of itself whenever I play that a DLC song.
& every time I start Rock band 2, it has to move the DLC back to the SD card, ALTHOUGH! The SD card already has it anyways, and it takes very long.
I can delete the data from the Wii and it won't need to move it to the SD, but it gets very annoying to do all the time.

In short :
DLC copies itself onto my Wii memory after a DLC song is played, taking up my Wii space, and always moving the DLC songs to SD
everything I start Rock band 2. (Even though the SD already has the songs.)

Please if someone can help me, I would appreciated so, so much!

badbwai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeh o.O
It stays on the Wii's Memory & I always have to delete it manually or it will
always move itself to the SD when the game starts, annoying as hell and takes very long.
Dam I wanna get rid of this so bad >.<

I heard somewhere that is was the Backup Launcher I was using, though I haven't gotta a sure response on that yet..

kylsav

Trophies
Website
kylsav.dyndns.org
XP
Country
United States
the game does this because Rock band needs to run on the correct IOS for the DLC to work correctly.

Go to this post and skip to the bottom where it says rock band soft chip. installing this and running the game with this channel instead, the DLC will now work correctly. USB stuff also works too.

EDIT: just realized its Mrkinator's post o.0 still it works for me when you use this channel.

badbwai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kylsav said:
the game does this because Rock band needs to run on the correct IOS for the DLC to work correctly.

Go to this post and skip to the bottom where it says rock band soft chip. installing this and running the game with this channel instead, the DLC will now work correctly. USB stuff also works too.

EDIT: just realized its Mrkinator's post o.0 still it works for me when you use this channel.

Does this work for Rock band 2?
I only see stuff about Rock band there...?
I'm guessing it does, but just for confirmation =)

Can I just put the channel and install the .Wad?
Or do I have to install those ISO37 stuff, I'm not sure if it's installed already..

Also, what is the lastest CISO installer? =)
Thanks alot, I think I understand it good now!
Just need those questions confirmed.
biggrin.gif

kylsav

Trophies
Website
kylsav.dyndns.org
XP
Country
United States
badbwai said:
kylsav said:

Does this work for Rock band 2?
I only see stuff about Rock band there...?
I'm guessing it does, but just for confirmation =)

Can I just put the channel and install the .Wad?
Or do I have to install those ISO37 stuff, I'm not sure if it's installed already..

Also, what is the lastest CISO installer? =)
Thanks alot, I think I understand it good now!
Just need those questions confirmed.
biggrin.gif

Yes Rock band 2 is the only game with DLC as far as i know
tongue.gif
Guitar hero games run but DLC is still broken.

you must install the cIOS for it to work once the cios is installed then install the WAD. If you dont install the cIOS you will just get an error when you run the channel. it is seprate from any other IOS and will be installed as cIOS 232 so all your USB loaders will be unaffected. just follow the directions in the guide.

And make sure to thank Mrkinator for the great guide.
smile.gif

badbwai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you so much if this works, I'll reply back later and let you know if it does!
And a big thanks to Mrkinator for that awesome guide!!
It's people like him who make the world a much better place =)

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
kylsav said:

RIGHT! I'm silly, the games needs to be run on cIOS37 to work properly
tongue.gif
I have an original, so I don't use it.

badbwai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mrkinator said:
kylsav said:

RIGHT! I'm silly, the games needs to be run on cIOS37 to work properly
tongue.gif
I have an original, so I don't use it.

Thank you both SO much for your help!
The DLC saving works perfectly now!!!
You guys are the best!
Thank you so much Mrkinator for that guide, it was extremely helpful and straightforward!
Nuff Respect~ ^.^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.