Hacking uLOADER 1.6 - usb loader with USB support!!!

grayfox77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FenrirWolf said:
A USB loader with USB support? Who woulda thought!

JK, I know what you mean. But who's Hermes?

Another Wii Spanish Hacker (A.W.S.H. XDDDDDDD). He made a new loader working with WBFS partition and developed other cIOS. The version 1.6 is the first one with USB support.

Saintphillipe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you know what's fun about this?

Funny history, don't remember the names cause didnt bother reading the whole thing. but yesterday a guy posted the outcome of his own experiments with USB Loaders with both custom IOS 222 and waninkoko's rev10.
and BUNCHA people bashed at him saying that the usb loader function and usb periferal functions wouldnt work at the same time no matter what and that he should chill and wait for rev11.
this thing, is EXACTLY what he posted yesterday. really can't recall the whole thing. but i believe this is the outcome of that post.

lets do more drugs from now on and experiment on and keep our minds open to crazy ideas like yesterday's post.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorry, but why do spanish people hate to post their stuff in english? I can't find a download link in the linked post and getting to know it it works with a new cIOS from Kwiirk or somebody else or if it works with the old one is impossible for me.

grayfox77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Sorry, but why do spanish people hate to post their stuff in english? I can't find a download link in the linked post and getting to know it it works with a new cIOS from Kwiirk or somebody else or if it works with the old one is impossible for me.

I'm with you, because now the best of sceners are Spanish. We must think in the rest of the world
gbasp.gif

Anyway, here the direct link to a new version release just this evening: http://mods.elotrolado.net/~hermes/wii/uloader_v1.7.rar (Hermes is motivated!!).

Regards!!

grayfox77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saintphillipe said:

Funny history, don't remember the names cause didnt bother reading the whole thing. but yesterday a guy posted the outcome of his own experiments with USB Loaders with both custom IOS 222 and waninkoko's rev10.
and BUNCHA people bashed at him saying that the usb loader function and usb periferal functions wouldnt work at the same time no matter what and that he should chill and wait for rev11.
this thing, is EXACTLY what he posted yesterday. really can't recall the whole thing. but i believe this is the outcome of that post.

lets do more drugs from now on and experiment on and keep our minds open to crazy ideas like yesterday's post.

Definitively, IT'S WORKS!!! It doesn't matter what they said and what you said. There is more people like Waninkoko, Marcan, etc., with capability to make original homebrew for Wii!. Just test it by yourself like me or just ignore this post!

grayfox77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OuahOuah said:
Got it to test and my HDD is not recognized.
With other loader, it IS recognized so to trashbin...

HDD must be connect in USB0 (the nearest to the Wii's border). USB1 is used for periphericals or HUB (Yes, HUB is working too!)...

Saintphillipe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
grayfox77 said:
Saintphillipe said:

Definitively, IT'S WORKS!!! It doesn't matter what they said and what you said. There is more people like Waninkoko, Marcan, etc., with capability to make original homebrew for Wii!. Just test it by yourself like me or just ignore this post!

i was rooting for the guy in fact.
This was another big step for the scene.
my kudos to Slicer, and obviously hermes.

ill try the app latter tonight
good to know it works, ill be able to use mic yay

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
grayfox77 said:
USB1 is used for periphericals or HUB (Yes, HUB is working too!)...

Excellent.

Now all I need is for a HDD to be able to be found when connected to a hub (since the lan adapter can't be run via a hub) and I'm all set

grayfox77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
AdamBrunt said:
grayfox77 said:
USB1 is used for periphericals or HUB (Yes, HUB is working too!)...

Excellent.

Now all I need is for a HDD to be able to be found when connected to a hub (since the lan adapter can't be run via a hub) and I'm all set

Well, I think that HUB is for USB instruments. The HDD must be connect (alone?) in the USB0. I don't make this test, because my USB HUB is 1.1 and not support 2.0. I only tested 1 microphone connect in USB1 and 1 microphone connect to HUB and HUB connect to USB1 (I don't have two microphones and I don't know if both works together; anyway, if a microphone works plugged HUB I think it's a big progress).

Wait! I forgot said a very import issue: you must connect microphone before start to load anything. Don't forget this!!!
lecture.gif

Regards!

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok next question ...

The reademe file says "Rockband for example, needs IOS37 base merged with IOS36"

I get the impression you get asked a similar question when installing the cIOS. Does this mean if I want to play RB2 I need to install cIOS 222 from IOS37 merged with IOS36 ?

Is this going to affect whether I can play the other stuff on my HDD ie will it stop the other games from working or is the default option to not use cIOS 222 ?

buckely

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got 1.7 working but does anyone know a good place to find .png files for the loader? They appear to be different than just cover art. I cant seem to find answers on dimensions or such. I know how to add them to the game, just not what to add.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D