desumodnoc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintendo_dsi_handson-1.png

We need more people to code and help with decryption type things!
Hello, My Name is Kyler Loudermilk. I am currently developing a team of coders to work on a Nintendo DSi Homebrew channel, for the Nintendo DSi. Our goal is to provide DSi users the capability to download 3rd party software into their console free of charge. We are aiming to use an SD card to copy the DSi Homebrew Channel to the DSi Menu, just as you would any other DSiware game you have copied to your SD card. Although a program to patch the DSi Homebrew Channel to make each individual DSi think that you bought the application from the DSi Shop Channel may be needed, we hope to make this a very easy installation for people who may not know very much about computers (on the official release). If you would like to help please send me an email back. ([email protected])
Regards,
Kyler Loudermilk

So far I have contacted Yasu, from Yasusoft.
Jay Freeman from saurik

Note, you must know how to use DevKitPro, DSLazy, and C++. Beta Testers are welcome, but be advised there is only room for a good dozen or so. (Not that I don't expect this to get leaked because it will) Anyway if you are interested in joining the crew contact me at my email above. You may also PM me.
Thank you for your time!

UPDATE 4.10.09 11:52 PM PST
- I have successfully extracted WarioWare: Snapped into arm7.bin, arm9.bin etc.

UPDATE 4.11.09 7:05 PM PST
- For all of you who might be thinking that they are going to test this out on a DSi flash cart, I don't think that that is possible because the DSiWare games are meant to play on a DSi, not DS, and we are making the Homebrew Channel act like a DSiWare game. That being said, the DSi Flash carts play DS games, not DSiWare. This will (most likely) have to be tested on the DSi Menu after copying it from the SD card. But first we have to figure out how the DSiWare games are coded and find out how to bypass or crack the DSiShop signature/ ticket situation. This may take a very long time.

UPDATE 4.11.09 7:17 PM PST
- Art/ Logos/ Images for the channel, post here: [url="http://milkgilk.comze.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=20[/url]

UPDATE 4.11.09 5:45 PM PST
- Dan has found the proxy settings for the DSi firmware. "I think we can
probably work off some of the Wii stuff now. It seems quite similar."

UPDATE 4.14.09 9:49 AM PST
- It seems my thread has captured some attention throughout the net. I have actually made contact with one of the Wii Homebrew channel developers, Cashman. We are looking toward a possible exploit and also a better more efficient way to extract the .bin files. A lot of people are saying I have no idea what I am doing. Truthfully I am not so familiar with the way things work on the DSi, and it seems the only one that does know anything about hacking the DSi is Yasu. So if anyone has any bright ideas feel free to let me or CashMan know. Remember, this is how every project starts, first we must figure out how things work before we can "hack" them. Thanks to all who believe in this project and are willing to help. I know we can do it!

Kingfield

Trophies
XP
Country
Haha, have they agreed to help?

nevertheless i know everything, a bit poor at C++ though, I would be more than happy to join the team.

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I thought it was encrypted.
Okay, how do you convert it into an .nds file? I want to test this out.

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just want to know the method, you can send it to me over PM if it's that confidential. I won't leak it, just want to make sure that there is genuine progress.

ShamusHand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So are you saying it`s possible to run DSiWare homebrew and (inevitably) pirate DSiWare, without modification of DSi firmware?

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Your DSi needs a ticket in order to run something.
When you get something from the DSi Shop, it also gets the ticket for you (like a license) for you to actually use the app.
It's possible, but not at the moment. Come back later.

desumodnoc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And right now I am cracking that ticket so it can be used on more than one DSi System. Once I figure out how the files are written I will work on the homebrew channel for the DSi.

houseonfire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going out on a limb here, as I have not looked into any form of hacking any of the DS's. Just the Wii and worked on Python programming some.
But when you add a new channel (DSIWare) to the menu, it has to verify that it game from your individual shop channel. So maybe there's some verification code in each shop channel that one can use to patch the DSiware to import it from the SD Card.

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ah, that method does seem to work.
However, have you checked the file sizes? The arm7/arm9 files appear to be 0 bytes, though it may be because it's not a DS game in itself.
Also, all the overlay files are blank - only 3 files actually have data.
Maybe it's the wrong file, but I used pit.bin.

ShamusHand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wchill said:
Your DSi needs a ticket in order to run something.
When you get something from the DSi Shop, it also gets the ticket for you (like a license) for you to actually use the app.
It's possible, but not at the moment. Come back later.
Of course I know it`s not possible at the moment, I`m not an idiot. I was just checking if this will be possible without modifying firmware, and apparently it will.

Kingfield

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, im surprised the progress has been so quick so fast.

I would like to clarify something, when you extracted it into the NDS file, was this with or without the signature?

desumodnoc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kingfield said:
Wow, im surprised the progress has been so quick so fast.

I would like to clarify something, when you extracted it into the NDS file, was this with or without the signature?
Dont call me stupid but what exactly do you mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: