Hacking New Exploit Video

Kirbzy

Trophies
XP
Country
I accentally deleted the homebrew channel through any title deleter under 4.0 and I thought that I was screwed for a while. If this is real, there is a god!

TheOnlyOneHeFear

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This isn't for 4.0 surely, because where's the SD card icon next to the Wii button on the bottom left hand side? It doesn't look like he's running 4.0

EDIT: Duh, I should learn to read the video description, it's on 3.2 in the video but apparently only requires a small fix to work on 3.4/4.0

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quote taken from djdynamite123 @ TehSkeen"
QUOTE said:
(bannerbomb was a stupid name)
So here is the proof that everyone has been wanting,
this has the dol loading code implemented. It only technically works on 3.2
at the time being but its a small fix to get it to work for the other versions (including 3.4 and 4.0).
Comex is a bit busy right now so those versions will follow soon
(like tommorow or the next day).

The exploit is very simple, just put the file on your sd card
(which will be a channel).
Go to the SD channel menu and a dialog will popup,
hit yes and it will load boot.dol fromt he root of the sd card.
It can load any dol so this means you can run homebrew on a wii with ease
if you don't want to fully mod your wii.

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I accidentally deleted the homebrew channel through any title deleter under 4.0 and I thought that I was screwed for a while. If this is real, there is a god!
Don't start the "IS IT REAL" crap. YES IT IS REAL!. The End.

QUOTEThis isn't for 4.0 surely, because where's the SD card icon next to the Wii button on the bottom left hand side? It doesn't look like he's running 4.0

EDIT: Duh, I should learn to read the video description, it's on 3.2 in the video but apparently only requires a small fix to work on 3.4/4.0
heh, yeah most people on here don't read and then speculate a load of cock & bullcrap, which is bad, suddenly saying ITS FAKE ITS FAKE, i mean come on really?

e.g. http://emulatemii.com/wordpress/?p=94

TheOnlyOneHeFear

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
UranusKiller said:
QUOTE said:
I accidentally deleted the homebrew channel through any title deleter under 4.0 and I thought that I was screwed for a while. If this is real, there is a god!
Don't start the "IS IT REAL" crap. YES IT IS REAL!. The End.

QUOTEThis isn't for 4.0 surely, because where's the SD card icon next to the Wii button on the bottom left hand side? It doesn't look like he's running 4.0

heh, yeah most people on here don't read and then speculate a load of cock & bullcrap, which is bad, suddenly saying ITS FAKE ITS FAKE, i mean come on really?

e.g. http://emulatemii.com/wordpress/?p=94

feidhlim1986

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweet! I'm waiting to get my Wii back from Nintendo and chances are they'll put 4.0 on it without asking me:P

Even with the HBC on a virgin 4.0 will you still not need a cIOS to actually do anything?

Scarfish

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm wondering if the Homebrew Channel can be installed this way on 4.0. The bug that they were using for installing the HBC is patched right?

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
TheOnlyOneHeFears said:
Scarfish said:
I'm wondering if the Homebrew Channel can be installed this way on 4.0. The bug that they were using for installing the HBC is patched right?

This uses a different exploit, so yes it can be used to install the HBC

Well that's not sure. So this exploit can run homebrew. What that homebrew can do, that's another question.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
TheOnlyOneHeFears said:
Scarfish said:

Maybe not. This only allows to run code, but being able to run code doesn't mean you can install whatever you want. Or else you wouldn't need IOS16, a cIOS or to downgrade to use WAD Manager. If team twizzers told that the bug that was used to install the HBC was fixed, chances are you can run the HBC installer, but it won't install the HBC.

TheOnlyOneHeFear

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
TheOnlyOneHeFears said:
Scarfish said:

Maybe not. This only allows to run code, but being able to run code doesn't mean you can install whatever you want. Or else you wouldn't need IOS16, a cIOS or to downgrade to use WAD Manager. If team twizzers told that the bug that was used to install the HBC was fixed, chances are you can run the HBC installer, but it won't install the HBC.

Hmm, OK, fair enough, I was probably oversimplifying/don't actually know enough about it
tongue.gif
Actually, now that I look at marcan's 4.0 run down, the HBC bug was fixed. In that case, ignore everything I just said, I just assumed based on the video/video description

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiPower said:
TheOnlyOneHeFears said:
Scarfish said:

i guess it is absolutely doable on 4.0. the dvdx 4.0 installer shows that. dvdx is nothing more than a "hidden" channel. it seems that they found a bug to lower the version number of ios35 and install one with the truchabug present. at least that's what the 4.0 with hbc downgrader tutorial is implying. because after the installation of dvdx the version number of ios35 is 0 and you can install a newer one with the bug present.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok worst case is then that you need to downgrade your IOS first and then run the HBC installer. The problem are again the new unsoftmoddable Wiis. Which IOS can you downgrade with that downgrader and which IOS is used by the HBC installer? If there isn't a match this means no HBC installer for 4.0 on these Wiis. And even with a match it's not sure if it will work, because you can install a cIOS of these Wiis, but not use and nobody knows why.

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screemer said:
i guess it is absolutely doable on 4.0. the dvdx 4.0 installer shows that. dvdx is nothing more than a "hidden" channel. it seems that they found a bug to lower the version number of ios35 and install one with the truchabug present. at least that's what the 4.0 with hbc downgrader tutorial is implying. because after the installation of dvdx the version number of ios35 is 0 and you can install a newer one with the bug present.

I wouldn't be too sure. The "dvdx 4.0 installer" works on older Wii's that had been upgraded, not newer Wii's with 4.0 installed at the factory.

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
The problem are again the new unsoftmoddable Wiis. Which IOS can you downgrade with that downgrader and which IOS is used by the HBC installer? If there isn't a match this means no HBC installer for 4.0 on these Wiis. And even with a match it's not sure if it will work, because you can install a cIOS of these Wiis, but not use and nobody knows why.

I agree.

I wouldn't be at ALL surprised if newer Wii's shipping with 4.0 are in the same situation as the "unsoftmoddable" Wii's with 3.4 that we've been talking about. Why wouldn't they be?

Once 4.0 Wii's are widely available in stores, and assuming that the new exploit can even install HBC on them, the "unsoftmoddable" Wii issue will get a lot more focus.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
the person who made the vid should know the reason they get the green on the bottom when recording with a pinicle or adtech usb capture device is they need to update the DivX codecs
wink.gif
and even downgrade in some cases with adstechs dvdxpressDX2...that green line is the codec though....

on topic sweet video! and thanks for the share Raiyu245

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Blah. 3 of my NSO + Expansion Pass family group members are leaving. Found one replacement so far but still need to fill two empty slots. I have 9 days or i eat the extra cost myself. But with a full group $11 for a year is a good deal. imo
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    new ghostbusters was decent, not as good as the previous one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye,
    theres a new ghostbusters?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I liked the cameo the original cast did
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, I heard a member of the original cast died
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Rest of the plot was just average
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Egon was the best character
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My favorite was the Key master in the first one, "Ok, who brought the dog?" - Rick Moranis
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was way better than that ghostbusters: frozen in women power one
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was kind of a passing the torch idea which I didn't hate finally
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The old Ghostbuster video game was pretty good also, newer one is just ok.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gotta be more specific nes one was garbage 360 was decent
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea 360/ps3 one I meant, I don't remember the Nes one tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I never played that one.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, me neither
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 gotta be more specific, there were 2 on the NES and one of them was pretty decent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well it's probably the one youtube link I posted
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    deleted my newgrounds account
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc of shame
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You have shame?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, made a new one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: