Hacking need help finding ORIGINAL 00000042.app

swimmeringer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've successfully installed Riiskiimod on my Wii at home. Now I'm at Chicago where I'm using Softmii for his Wii. I was tricked into using Softmii Tweaks and now his system menu looks like poop.

I've used FS Browser to locate the 000000000000000000000000000042.app file and tried installing that but it said the system files were corrupted once I rebooted. So can anyone PLEASE help me find the ORIGINAL 0000000042.app file? Where everything looks totally normal and boring? Please. Thank you.

malverns

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
swimmeringer said:
So I've successfully installed Riiskiimod on my Wii at home. Now I'm at Chicago where I'm using Softmii for his Wii. I was tricked into using Softmii Tweaks and now his system menu looks like poop.

I've used FS Browser to locate the 000000000000000000000000000042.app file and tried installing that but it said the system files were corrupted once I rebooted. So can anyone PLEASE help me find the ORIGINAL 0000000042.app file? Where everything looks totally normal and boring? Please. Thank you.

Well considering it contains ninty code no ones just genna hand you a link as it's against the rules.

HOWEVER.. if you would like go back to the default wii menu/health screen etc etc...

just run the AnyRegionChanger and it will install all the default menu's for you...

forbore

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Use FS Dumper and browser to /0000001/0000002/. YOu should see it. Press (1) to dump it. THe smarter choice would be to do a whole dump that way you have it in case of emergency,

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But if he has already added a custom health screen, doesn't that mean the *42.app on his NAND is not the original, which is what he's looking for?

oneleggedjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know for sure but here's what I think you gotta do

get this disc

NTSC
http://www.console-scene.info/files/wii-sy...-v289-repad.rar

OR

PAL
http://www.console-scene.info/files/wii-sy...-v290-repad.rar

Use Wiiscrubber to extract SystemMenu-v2xx.wad

Unpack the wad with these tools
http://www.mediafire.com/?mc7dtt3zl1v
(rename the wad to in.wad)

find the 00000001.app

rename it
00000042.app for NTSC
00000045.app for PAL
then install it with the Softmii App

Do not install it until someone else verifies this is the right app file

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flag by his user info is USA. so he should be NTSC.

And that is the correct file. I did the steps before you posted to check, and verified with the *42.app on my NAND. Those are the 2 files and their MD5 hashes.

9aae1917fdb8ba4d409664c230d89b27 00000001.app
9aae1917fdb8ba4d409664c230d89b27 00000042.app

blitter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
42=NTSC, so run this image through healthii - then use wad manager to run healthii installer to install the generated .health file (there are other ways, take your pick)
image008.jpg

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the healthii produced file is not an exact original. MD5 doesn't match those I posted. so it's more of a "replica" than an original
wink.gif

blitter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hehe I agree. but a softmii'ed Wii with a boring health screen is never going to pass any MD5 check
wink.gif

Puma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
swimmeringer said:
I was tricked into using Softmii Tweaks and now his system menu looks like poop.
No, you weren't. You didn't have to, you chose to. Don't blame it on SoftMii since you are retarded and don't do research before you do something. The revert is simple, get a custom health screen and use that. You were stupid enough not to back it up first, and thats you're problem, not ours.

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
Puma said:
swimmeringer said:
I was tricked into using Softmii Tweaks and now his system menu looks like poop.
No, you weren't. You didn't have to, you chose to. Don't blame it on SoftMii since you are retarded and don't do research before you do something. The revert is simple, get a custom health screen and use that. You were stupid enough not to back it up first, and thats you're problem, not ours.
Yeah, but the install doc doesn't state what it does. They could have said that it was optional and that it gave you a softmii themed wii.

Puma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
david432111 said:
Puma said:
swimmeringer said:
Yeah, but the install doc doesn't state what it does. They could have said that it was optional and that it gave you a softmii themed wii.
Or you could do 30 seconds of research and figure it out on your own? Don't expect a guide to know everything, or to figure everything out for you.

Don't argue with me when you know you're wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sadly the person in question feels too young for his own good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't question people
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    me neither, i just bash them
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways