Hacking FFCC - Echoes of Time (Japan) Piracy Bypass!

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Well folks, here is the piracy bypass cheat for Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Echoes of Time (Japan)! This will let you bypass the anti-piracy measures and play the game without any interruptions. This code will be added in the next update of the cheat database which should be in a short while as well as posted below for those who can't wait. For those with flashcards or emulators that don't support Action Replay cheats, you can use DSATM (Search GBAtemp for it) to patch the game with the cheat so its always on.

Now before I get to the actual cheat, I please ask you that if you do distribute this cheat to others and other sites that you pass along where you found it here at GBAtemp out of respect for all the people who put time and effort into it. Now with that out of the way, enjoy my fellow cheaters!

Here is the cheat:
Code:
Game Id: CFIJ F0AB5928

Piracy Bypass Cheat
020CAD90 E3A00000
020CAD94 E12FFF1E
020CB0F8 E3A00000
020CB0FC E12FFF1E

If you are impatient and need help on how to add these cheats yourself to a cheat database, please see Curely's very informative Cheat Code Editor guide here:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=findpost&pid=1278822

-----
The official Nintendo DS cheat hacking and support channel found at #NDSCheats on irc.gbatemp.net:5190

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's awesome Narin! Thanks for the quick fix.

I wonder how much time SE invested in trying to implement the piracy check.
ohmy.gif
Not looking like time well spent right now is it?

BTW, it might be helpful to describe the effects of the piracy check, so people will know what issue they are fixing with the cheat.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Szyslak said:

ohmy.gif

BTW, it might be helpful to describe the effects of the piracy check, so people will know what issue they are fixing with the cheat.

Actually, the piracy check that these game developers are using lately was made by Nintendo and is included in the latest Nintendo DS developer's SDK which means that Nintendo DS game developers now have a means to block flashcarts if they desire. While yes, it will be cracked sooner or later, it does work really well to put off the casual pirates from playing the games as only a small minority know how to bypass the piracy checks.

Also this time around, instead of showing a Thanks for Playing screen 10 minutes in, Square made it so you can't save or load a save game. If you attempt to save without the cheat, you get a big cross on the screen and prevents you from saving.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Narin said:
Szyslak said:

ohmy.gif

Actually, the piracy check that these game developers are using lately was made by Nintendo and is included in the latest Nintendo DS developer's SDK which means that Nintendo DS game developers now have a means to block flashcarts if they desire. While yes, it will be cracked sooner or later, it does work really well to put off the casual pirates from playing the games as only a small minority know how to bypass the piracy checks.

Also this time around, instead of showing a Thanks for Playing screen 10 minutes in, Square made it so you can't save or load a save game. If you attempt to save without the cheat, you get a big cross on the screen and prevents you from saving.
Interesting. I guess we'll be seeing it a lot more in the near future, then. Thanks very much for the info, and for the bypass cheat.

talesmeister

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
hi, maybe this is a useless info, but the code doesn't work with no$gba 2.6a ( or it just my ussual clumsyness
biggrin.gif
), i had to patch it with DSATM to play it on no$gba

please correct me if i'm wrong

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Just posting to say goodjob on getting the fix sorted Narin! fast as usual and me and my fellow posters im sure thank you tons!

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
DieForIt said:
The code doesn't work for M3 Real. When I start the game, I only see a few characters in a battle mode. After that, the game crashes.
as always m3real users need a DSATM patch to use the piracy bypass.
too bad i can't get it to patch the rom.

HimataGaan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well here's the end of my lurking spree
unsure.gif

Awesome fix and so fast to! Thank you thank you!!
yaynds.gif

Now I have a... questioning comment with which to puzzle and amuse.

I have explored every all the options I could find and pressed every button with which pressing is allowed and yet neither Enlish nor German could I find.
Was this perhaps or rumor or a hope of the masses?
Perhaps my traverse of said game was all for naught as I most likely missed entirely that for which I searched, which would make my search a futile one.
Best ask and be answered by one more learned then myself I believe.

Has there been luck in finding the alternate languages by any other temp-lars?

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
HimataGaan said:
unsure.gif

yaynds.gif

I have explored every all the options I could find and pressed every button with which pressing is allowed and yet neither Enlish nor German could I find.
Perhaps my traverse of said game was all for naught as I most likely missed entirely that for which I searched, which would make my search a futile one.

There has been no confirmation of usable hidden english or german language files. If they are found, and they are complete enough to be usable, they will have to be enabled with a patch or a different cheat code.

In short, there is no way to play this game in anything but (J) at this time.

HimataGaan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Szyslak said:
HimataGaan said:
unsure.gif

yaynds.gif

There has been no confirmation of usable hidden english or german language files. If they are found, and they are complete enough to be usable, they will have to be enabled with a patch or a different cheat code.

In short, there is no way to play this game in anything but (J) at this time.

Thank you very much my friend for your insightful answer.
I hope that one, if not both languages are hidden somewhere in the coding and that they can some day be found.
If not then I can wait fifty-five days for the US release. Patience always seems to be truly a virtuous quality when it comes to gbatemp and gaming in general.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it