OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
DSision2 install tutorial

Many people seem to have problems installing DSision2 on the DS to boot games with it. I finally figured out what to do and wanted to help people who cant boot games with DSision2.

Needed Files
DSTT kernel
Latest YSMenu
DSision2

Step 1
Download the DSTT kernel and the latest YSMenu version and place them in the same folder and unzip them.
step1.jpg

Step 2
Go into the "eng" folder and copy the TTMENU.DAT to the folder where all the YSMenu contents are [akextract.exe, ttextract.exe, YSMenu.ini, (etc.)]. Run the ttextract.exe and it should make two files called ttpatch.dat and ttdldi.dat.
step2.jpg

Step 3
Go to the root of your card and now transfer the following files into it:
- YSMenu.ini
- YSMenu.nds
- ttpatch.dat
- ttdldi.dat
step3.jpg

Step 4

Go back into the "eng" folder and copy and paste the "TTMenu" folder to the root of your card.
step4.jpg

Step 5

Download the DSision2 file and unzip the contents.
step5.jpg

Step 6

Copy the following to the root of the card:
- DSision [folder]
- PICS [folder]
- DSISION.INI
- DSision_2.nds
step6.jpg

Step 7

Go back to the folder where you unzipped all the contents of DSision2. Now go into the DSTT_Version folder and transfer the ttmenu.dat to the root of your card
step7.jpg

---

There! You're finally finished!. Enjoy using DSision2!

Not sure if I forgot a step so.. yeah >__< Also not really sure if this is the same with the R4 but im guessing it's somewhat similar

Hitcher

Trophies
XP
Country
jester13 said:
(not 1.17 because YSMenu doesn't work with that for some reason.)
It works for me.

Great guide by the way because the README that comes with DSision2 doesn't tell you how to correctly set up YSMenu.

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the ttmenu.dat file 'fake safe' ? and does it have to be that version and not a regular ttmenu.dat ?

What happens with this setup? does DSision2 boot straight up or does it have to launched from the regular dstt menu

Feels Good Man

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
rasputin said:
Is the ttmenu.dat file 'fake safe' ? and does it have to be that version and not a regular ttmenu.dat ?

What happens with this setup? does DSision2 boot straight up or does it have to launched from the regular dstt menu

The ttmenu.dat in the DSTT_Version folder SHOULD be fail safe as it's not the original loader that comes with the fake killer code. It has to be the one inside that folder [DSTT_Version folder].

This set up boots DSision2 once you turn on your DS and lets you boot games from it.

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thankyou

i'm thinking with blis's multi-os loader a nice 3in1 setup can be made for the dstt

i'll have a tinker when i get hold of a cart to play with

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
If this isn't set to load before the menu, and you launch it from the regular menu it'll turn off the backlight, although there's an update txt in the zip that says this has been fixed. Though this only happens if you have a phat ds.

rom666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This works great on my non SDHC cards. It will not boot roms using 2 different SDHC cards. Can anyone confirm?

rom666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rasputin said:
does it have a cheat engine ?

This doesn't really boot the roms. What it does is give you a very nice file browser that lets you select the rom you want to load. It then appends the YSmenu.ini file with the AUTO_BOOT option. Here is an example:

CODEAUTO_BOOT=roms/brain age - train your brain in minutes a day! (u) 0396.nds

This is written to the YSMenu.ini file, then YSmenu.nds is loaded. This in effect causes the selected game (in this case Brain Age), to load via YSMenu's AUTO_BOOT feature.

So in answer to your question, the answer is yes, but with one caveat. You need to enable the cheats first using YSMenu. So you can think of this as a front end to YSMenu.

This is a very slick solution that I think even bri will enjoy!
biggrin.gif

Slyde1052

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
meettomy.site
XP
Country
Russia
Hmmm. I installed the DSision menu as per the directions in this thread, yet upon trying to run a *.nds rom I get a white screen and nothing else.

My DSTT is real, but is of an older model. Could this be the cause of the problem?

As well, I wa having a bit of a problem trying to create Boxart files, not naming them to link to the games, but they appear as broken or corrupted images when I would move over the NDS file linked to it.

EDIT: I am using an SDHC card. This must be the problem!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended