Tutorial  Updated

Dealing with NAND/ EMUNAND safely

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
This tutorial will give you useful information on how to deal with NAND/ EMUNAND safely. 99% be safe to follow this tutorial but bear in mind that there is always at least a risk to brick your Switch.
> Make a backup/ copy of NAND and/or EMUNAND before doing anything.

YOU'RE AT YOUR OWN RISK
I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES

First thing first, SX's emunand is extremely safe to be bricked by purpose. It creates a full nand backup of the Switch including boot0/1 and all partitions. If you have a working emunand, there is probably no need to backup sysnand as it will be the same. In the event of accidentally bricking sysnand/ emunand, importing all partitions from emunand to sysnand will definitely work and vise versa.

SX 2.3 supports separated Nintendo folder as Emutendo for emunand. Linked the two nands on the same possible firmware is recommended.

• PRODINFO and PRODINFOF are identical compare to the ones of your Switch on every firmware versions.
  • All BCPKG2 partitions are the same from other devices on the same firmware versions.
  • Game savedata is stored in USER partition under /save/*.*
In this topic, we will focus on SYSTEM partition.

GET BISKEY
https://files.sshnuke.net/biskeydumpv6.zip
Run the payload and write down (or scan QRCode)

SYSTEM
BIS KEY 2 (crypt): NUMBERS
BIS KEY 2 (tweak): NUMBERS

USER
BIS KEY 3 (crypt): NUMBERS
BIS KEY 3 (tweak): NUMBERS

HACDISKMOUNT SYSNAND
- memloader
https://files.sshnuke.net/memloaderv2.zip
Copy *.* in [sample] folder to SD and plug it in the Switch
Run the payload [memloader.bin]
Unplug any USB cable
> Choose emmc line
> Plug USB C <> USB A cable to the Switch and PC

- HacDiskMount
https://files.sshnuke.net/HacDiskMount1055.zip
Run the tool under Administrator permission
> Open Physical Disk > Choose Linux line

SYSTEM
> Double click on SYSTEM and fill BisKeys2 in the small table on top
Crysto > BIS KEY 2 (crypt): NUMBERS
Tweak > BIS KEY 2 (tweak): NUMBERS
> Press on [Test] > you will get OK! Entropy
> From Drive Letter table > Choose a drive disk, N for example.
> Press on [Mount]
Install driver if needed.
Acess N drive from My Computer

USER
> Double click on USER and fill BisKeys3 in the small table on top
Crysto > BIS KEY 3 (crypt): NUMBERS
Tweak > BIS KEY 3 (tweak): NUMBERS
> Press on [Mount]

HACDISKMOUNT EMUNAND
- HacDiskMount
> File > Open file > Choose full.00.bin

SYSTEM
> Press on [Mount]

USER
> Press on [Mount]

THINGS CAN DEAL WITH
Mount SYSTEM using HacDiskMount

+ Clean Ticketblob
> access save folder
> Delete 80000000000000e1 and 80000000000000e2

+ Clean Error Logs
> access save folder
> Delete 80000000000000D1

+ Move user profiles/ play history from nand to nand
> access save folder
> Copy 8000000000000010 and 8000000000000011 from any nands to your target nand.
Play history will work if on the same nand or sysnand/ emunand is linked.

+ Disable firmware update nag when running a game by accidentally connecting to the Internet in lower firmware than requirement.
> access save folder
> Delete 8000000000000045

+ Manually factory restore settings
> access save folder
> Delete all files except 8000000000000120

MANUALLY BACKUP SAVEGAME DATA FROM USER
Mount USER using HacDiskMount
On emunand, files are splitted into full.0x.bin
> User command line to merge them in
> copy /b full.00.bin+full.01.bin+full.02.bin+.... full.0x.bin full.nand.bin

Open the nand file using HacDiskMount and mount USER following with Biskey3

> access save folder
> Backup all files to a folder
> Run extract_nand_gamesave run.bat with all your savedata backup to /save/

This tutorial is for you guys to take a note in case you will need to deal with in the future. I will keep updating this topic when I knew something else.

Enjoy while it lasts.

Attachments

• extract_nand_gamesave.rar
    95.7 KB · Views: 1,440
Last edited by thaikhoa,

Zap2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
This tutorial will give you useful information on how to deal with NAND/ EMUNAND safely. 99% be safe to follow this tutorial but bear in mind that there is always at least a risk to brick your Switch.
> Make a backup/ copy of NAND and/or EMUNAND before doing anything.

YOU'RE AT YOUR OWN RISK
I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES

First thing first, SX's emunand is extremely safe to be bricked by purpose. It creates a full nand backup of the Switch including boot0/1 and all partitions. If you have a working emunand, there is probably no need to backup sysnand as it will be the same. In the event of accidentally bricking sysnand/ emunand, importing all partitions from emunand to sysnand will definitely work and vise versa.

SX 2.3 supports separated Nintendo folder as Emutendo for emunand. Linked the two nands on the same possible firmware is recommended.

• PRODINFO and PRODINFOF are identical compare to the ones of your Switch on every firmware versions.
  • All BCPKG2 partitions are the same from other devices on the same firmware versions.
  • Game savedata is stored in USER partition under /save/*.*
In this topic, we will focus on SYSTEM partition.

GET BISKEY
https://files.sshnuke.net/biskeydumpv6.zip
Run the payload and write down (or scan QRCode)

SYSTEM
BIS KEY 2 (crypt): NUMBERS
BIS KEY 2 (tweak): NUMBERS

USER
BIS KEY 3 (crypt): NUMBERS
BIS KEY 3 (tweak): NUMBERS

HACDISKMOUNT SYSNAND
- memloader
https://files.sshnuke.net/memloaderv2.zip
Copy *.* in [sample] folder to SD and plug it in the Switch
Run the payload [memloader.bin]
Unplug any USB cable
> Choose emmc line
> Plug USB C <> USB A cable to the Switch and PC

- HacDiskMount
> Open Physical Disk > Choose Linux line

SYSTEM
> Press on [Mount]

USER
> Press on [Mount]

HACDISKMOUNT EMUNAND
- HacDiskMount
> File > Open file > Choose full.00.bin

SYSTEM
> Press on [Mount]

USER
> Press on [Mount]

THINGS CAN DEAL WITH
Mount SYSTEM using HacDiskMount
+ Clean Ticketblob
> access save folder
> Delete 80000000000000e1 and 80000000000000e2

+ Clean Error Logs
> access save folder
> Delete 80000000000000D1

+ Move user profiles/ play history from nand to nand
> access save folder
> Copy 8000000000000010 and 8000000000000011 from any nands to your target nand.
Play history will work if on the same nand or sysnand/ emunand is linked.

+ Disable firmware update nag when running a game by accidentally connecting to the Internet in lower firmware than requirement.
> access save folder
> Delete 8000000000000045

+ Manually factory restore settings
> access save folder
> Delete all files except 8000000000000120

MANUALLY BACKUP SAVEGAME DATA FROM USER
Mount USER using HacDiskMount
On emunand, files are splitted into full.0x.bin
> User command line to merge them in
> copy /b full.00.bin+full.01.bin+full.02.bin+.... full.0x.bin full.nand.bin

Open the nand file using HacDiskMount and mount USER following with Biskey3

> access save folder
> Backup all files to a folder
> Run extract_nand_gamesave run.bat with all your savedata backup to /save/

This tutorial is for you guys to take a note in case you will need to deal with in the future. I will keep updating this topic when I knew something else.

Enjoy while it lasts.

Why is

I was gonna run Sysnand 4.1 and emunand 6.1? Is this not recommended?

thaikhoa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Why is

I was gonna run Sysnand 4.1 and emunand 6.1? Is this not recommended?

It's possible but not recommended because sleep mode will be broken on emunand. That's not the case of linking nands .

D

Deleted User

Obviously, the fuse count doesn't match at all.

It's only a problem for 'downgrading'. So if your system is on 5.0 and you have emunand 6.2, sleep mode should work fine since running 6.2 emunand doesn't burn fuses.
If your system is on 6.2 and you are running emunand 5.0 well that counts as a downgrade and sleep mode 'bug' hits.

thaikhoa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@thaikhoa how safe is your “Clean Up SysNand” tutorial from your other thread?

This is SYSTEM\save after doing factory restore settings. I'd say it's pretty much safe to clean up sysnand. There's no errorlogs, ticketblob to be in the nand itself after all.
Delete them all except the 120 then you'd be fine.

Attachments

• system-factory-restore-settings.jpg
    system-factory-restore-settings.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 356
Last edited by thaikhoa,
Reactions: justsomebun

renzoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This is SYSTEM\save after doing factory restore settings. I'd say it's pretty much safe to clean up sysnand. There's no errorlogs, ticketblob to be in the nand itself after all.
Delete them all except the 120 then you'd be fine.

Hi when exactly your switch console has ONLY those files? Ive tried 3 types/ways of doing a factory reset (I am on FW 5.1), to check what files remain on SYSTEM\save
* Factory Reset from Normal Mode
* Factory Reset from Recovery Mode
* "Manual Hardcore" Factory reset (Erasing by hand the content of the NAND SYSTEM/save except the 8..120, and rebooting)

Before reset I had 51 files :
* after factory reset from Normal mooe, I got 47 files (including the error logs and ticketblobs)
* With factory reset from reovery mode I got the most erased files, total count after reset were 21 items. Still error log and ticketblob files, but I made a diff of the error log file (with the error of my original nand dirty backup , file: 80000000000000d1) and after this, and the logs are no longer there , so its a clean logfile. Inthe original logfile there was an amazing cuantity of condifential data like: the names of wifi scanneds, the HDMI information of the tv (some serial number info, and resolution), there were some IP addresses stored, like the local address of the switch and default gateway... wow they store lot of info.
* 'hardcore" factory reset, erasing everithing but the 8...120 file, this method still has 47 files (I had to mount the nand after a first reboot and creation of user though), I had not made diff with the files, but seem that the sizes of clean files correspond to the ones of the factor reset from recovery mode.

My conclusion:" hardcore reset" , what does exactly do? , Factory reset from recovery mode seems to be pretty hardcore. As we do not know what can be left on in an inconsistent state. I recommend also doing a factory resent before and after doing the hardcore reset method.

I wanna go clean OFW (buy I have not clean nand backup), I will go this method (I mean it does not hurt to do oficcial nintendo reset over the consoloe). An I will update to OFW 7.0 this week :) will let you know.

thaikhoa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi when exactly your switch console has ONLY those files? Ive tried 3 types/ways of doing a factory reset (I am on FW 5.1), to check what files remain on SYSTEM\save
* Factory Reset from Normal Mode
* Factory Reset from Recovery Mode
* "Manual Hardcore" Factory reset (Erasing by hand the content of the NAND SYSTEM/save except the 8..120, and rebooting)

Before reset I had 51 files :
* after factory reset from Normal mooe, I got 47 files (including the error logs and ticketblobs)
* With factory reset from reovery mode I got the most erased files, total count after reset were 21 items. Still error log and ticketblob files, but I made a diff of the error log file (with the error of my original nand dirty backup , file: 80000000000000d1) and after this, and the logs are no longer there , so its a clean logfile. Inthe original logfile there was an amazing cuantity of condifential data like: the names of wifi scanneds, the HDMI information of the tv (some serial number info, and resolution), there were some IP addresses stored, like the local address of the switch and default gateway... wow they store lot of info.
* 'hardcore" factory reset, erasing everithing but the 8...120 file, this method still has 47 files (I had to mount the nand after a first reboot and creation of user though), I had not made diff with the files, but seem that the sizes of clean files correspond to the ones of the factor reset from recovery mode.

My conclusion:" hardcore reset" , what does exactly do? , Factory reset from recovery mode seems to be pretty hardcore. As we do not know what can be left on in an inconsistent state. I recommend also doing a factory resent before and after doing the hardcore reset method.

I wanna go clean OFW (buy I have not clean nand backup), I will go this method (I mean it does not hurt to do oficcial nintendo reset over the consoloe). An I will update to OFW 7.0 this week :) will let you know.

I got those leftover files after doing factory restore settings (offline) > turn the switch off > rcm for memloader > connect to pc using hacdiskmount to open system/save.

Reactions: renzoe

renzoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I got those leftover files after doing factory restore settings (offline) > turn the switch off > rcm for memloader > connect to pc using hacdiskmount to open system/save.
hi , thanks for your reply (and your tutorials!), 'factory restore settings (offline)' you mean while in normal mode? ok I will try again, maybe I did the check after booting one time (and creating a user, and maybe thats why the swith it populated more files), I do not remember. Also, in which firmware did you do this? Iwillcrte back reconfirming, in any case I will do both types of factory resets.. I mean, it does not hurt to double factory reset.. I hope

thaikhoa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hi , thanks for your reply (and your tutorials!), 'factory restore settings (offline)' you mean while in normal mode? ok I will try again, maybe I did the check after booting one time (and creating a user, and maybe thats why the swith it populated more files), I do not remember. Also, in which firmware did you do this? Iwillcrte back reconfirming, in any case I will do both types of factory resets.. I mean, it does not hurt to double factory reset.. I hope

I mean to disconnect from the Internet while doing factory restore settings. I did that on firmware less than 6.2 IIRC.

renzoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for doing this! Let me know how it goes, and best of luck

Hi I posted this on other thread, but better, here too/

I am giving my feedback here, I used SX OS with OFW 5.1 (emunand did not existed) I only used XCI. That switch was never linked to a Nintendo account and was offline (Actualy OF was 4.1 and I updated once to 5.1 because of the exFat thing, but before SX OS).

This is what I did then to clean my emunand:

1. Recovery Mode - Factory Reset
2. User Mode - Factory Reset
3. Recovery Mode - Factory Reset

4. Mounted EMMC, and opened live the SYSTEM partition, erased all files except the 8000000000000120 (Then Reboot)

5. Recovery Mode - Factory Reset
6. User Mode - Factory Reset
7. Recovery Mode - Factory Reset

Now I linked my nintendo account, and I paid for one month of nintendo online, testint the NES, Im on worl 4-1 on Mario Bros.. I never finished when I was little, only arrived to wormld 8-2.. wait for me princess!.

I did some analysis of SYSTEM partition, the Recovery Mode Factory resets seems to be way more hardcore than the User Mode one (this one tries to 'unlink' accounts on next connection so it stores things). In my experience the Factory reset is the one who erases most files, even more than the 80000...0120 method. But can not guarantee that the recovery reset does erase everithing that this 80...0120 method also does. So.. my conclusion was, why tho chose?? I did all and several times. I reseted the f*uck out of my swtich :P

hope it will hold on time.

Advise for nintendo: I will pay for your online service 20 bucks per year until the end of time with THIS switch, please don't ban me!

lol,good day!

Reactions: Deleted User

Kh22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have current sx os and emunand. If I want use xci, nsp, or nro files do I still put those files in the root of the Sd card or should those go in the emutendo folder? I just want to make sure and being safe before I try it out

renzoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Have you gotten banned yet?
Hi Sir LvBeethoven, not not banned. 'yet' nor never I hope :P. Been playing the NES classics, and tested the Tetris 99.
I think you are hesitating as I did before doing all this. If you want to access online services there is no better time than now; the current state of affairs we know it works, when FW 7.1 goes out tomorrow we will not (and so on..), If you are waiting for a banning confirmation someday then you have your answer: you wont be able to clean your nand and be undetected. So either way you will not play online. A bullet proff method of cleaning nad dont know if it will ever go out, people are wise (or got wise now) and do a nand bakup before all this (unlike me ).

@Kh22, Emuntendo is jus the equivalent of the "Nintendo" user folder, you store screenshot at other legal things there. The structure of foloder is marked somewhere in sx os changelogs, but can go on "switch" folder I think. Other recommendation: do not use your sx Os microSD card while you are using your unmodified firmware.. why? If you wanna be the safest... have a good week

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr