Hacking Chips capable of 002 fix

Wiisel

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Can you guys list your chip if it does or not suffer from 002 errors with a 1:1 disc from the disc channel thanks.
please mention wii region and game regions.

D2CKey=works with same region 002 error if you play a game from another region (PAL Wii)
WiiKey =works with same region. 002 error if you play a game from another region (PAL Wii)

could it be that 002 is region protection not copy?

Mailenste

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, Need for Speed - Undercover (PAL) worked for me on my PAL Wii 3.3E with the first WiiKey Generation.
As for japanese Games like Bleach Versus Crusade, I have to use the Gamma Backuploader with 002 fix. But that's no problem, since I always had to switch to GeckoOS for foreign games, so it makes no difference.
But yeah, PAL games with 002 error work on my WiiKey chipped PAL Wii, as I said before.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wiisel said:
Can you guys list your chip if it does or not suffer from 002 errors with a 1:1 disc from the disc channel thanks.

D2CKey= error
frown.gif

Interesing would be some info from somebody with a good chip. I want to know if these people get the 002 error when they start the game from another loader while the correct IOS is loaded. I mean, if a game wants IOS53 for example and is run from SoftChip with IOS53 loaded, do you get the 002 error too? Just to be sure, i only want this information from somebody who has a good chip, doesn't get the 002 error in the disc channel, but gets the 002 error in Gecko OS and does understand what i mean with "the game wants IOSx".

QUOTE(Mailenste @ Dec 26 2008, 04:06 PM) Well, Need for Speed - Undercover (PAL) worked for me on my PAL Wii 3.3E with the first WiiKey Generation.
As for japanese Games like Bleach Versus Crusade, I have to use the Gamma Backuploader with 002 fix. But that's no problem, since I always had to switch to GeckoOS for foreign games, so it makes no difference.
But yeah, PAL games with 002 error work on my WiiKey chipped PAL Wii, as I said before.

There are 2 Gecko OS mods with the 002 fix, maybe you want to use one of them.

Wiisel

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mailenste im a little confused with your post if your chip does not suffer from 002 errors does it not run 002 imports with normal gecko ?

Mailenste

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Wiisel said:

D2CKey= error
frown.gif

Interesing would be some info from somebody with a good chip. I want to know if these people get the 002 error when they start the game from another loader while the correct IOS is loaded. I mean, if a game wants IOS53 for example and is run from SoftChip with IOS53 loaded, do you get the 002 error too? Just to be sure, i only want this information from somebody who has a good chip, doesn't get the 002 error in the disc channel, but gets the 002 error in Gecko OS and does understand what i mean with "the game wants IOSx".

Mailenste said:
Well, Need for Speed - Undercover (PAL) worked for me on my PAL Wii 3.3E with the first WiiKey Generation.

There are 2 Gecko OS mods with the 002 fix, maybe you want to use one of them.
Ah, thanks! May you have a link for me
smile.gif
?

QUOTE(Wiisel @ Dec 26 2008, 04:13 PM)
Mailenste im a little confused with your post if your chip does not suffer from 002 errors does it not run 002 imports with normal gecko ?
Sorry for that. Well, it's simple:
Need for Speed - Undercover (PAL) contains the 002 error, but works on my Wii from the disc channel without any problem.
Bleach Versus Crusade (JAP) contains the 002 error, but works only on the 002-fixed Gamma channel I've installed. The disc channel and the 1.7b of GeckoOS give me the 002 Error bluescreen.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiPower said:

It seems you get the 002 error if you play a game from another region. But i want to know too if the only way to run these games without a 002 fix is running through the disc channel.

Mailenste

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wiisel said:
could there be different variations of the error for regions?

you can find the 002 fixed Gecko OS for HBC here
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=1654581

or my channel here
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=1657954
Yeah, could be.
How do I use those files for the HBC? I just have folders with *.dol, *.png & *xml. That zip contains a lot more... Sorry for this noobish question tho
wink.gif

WiiPower said:
QUOTE(WiiPower @ Dec 26 2008, 04:07 PM) Interesing would be some info from somebody with a good chip. I want to know if these people get the 002 error when they start the game from another loader while the correct IOS is loaded. I mean, if a game wants IOS53 for example and is run from SoftChip with IOS53 loaded, do you get the 002 error too? Just to be sure, i only want this information from somebody who has a good chip, doesn't get the 002 error in the disc channel, but gets the 002 error in Gecko OS and does understand what i mean with "the game wants IOSx".

It seems you get the 002 error if you play a game from another region. But i want to know too if the only way to run these games without a 002 fix is running through the disc channel.
Well, I've just tried "Need for Speed - Undercover (PAL)" on my PAL Wii. Here are the results:

Launching via disc channel: Works!

Launching via original GeckoOS 1.7B: Error 002!

Launching via Gamma 0.3 (IOS36) incl. 002 fix: Works!

I think I have to say that I've installed "IOS38-64-v3609", "IOS53-64-v4113" & "IOS55-64-v4633" a while back, so I don't know if that helps in any way. It helped healing that blackscreen in Animal Crossing tho
biggrin.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Mailenste said:
Well, I've just tried "Need for Speed - Undercover (PAL)" on my PAL Wii. Here are the results:

I think I have to say that I've installed "IOS38-64-v3609", "IOS53-64-v4113" & "IOS55-64-v4633" a while back, so I don't know if that helps in any way. It helped healing that blackscreen in Animal Crossing tho
biggrin.gif

The question is, does it work with SoftChip _without_ the 002 fix when you try IOS38,53 and 55? (if it works without the fix then only with the correct IOS i guess)

Mailenste

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Mailenste said:

biggrin.gif

The question is, does it work with SoftChip _without_ the 002 fix when you try IOS38,53 and 55? (if it works without the fix then only with the correct IOS i guess)
You want me to try it with the Gamma version before the fix came around, right?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Mailenste said:

No. It's more complicated, i think the game checks a lot of things, and i want to know if it checks too, which IOS is loaded. The only way to run the game from one of the loaders with the correct IOS is SoftChip. The correct IOS for NFS Undercover is IOS38,53 or 55, i forgot which one, and can't see for myself, i don't have the game.

Mailenste

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Mailenste said:

No. It's more complicated, i think the game checks a lot of things, and i want to know if it checks too, which IOS is loaded. The only way to run the game from one of the loaders with the correct IOS is SoftChip. The correct IOS for NFS Undercover is IOS38,53 or 55, i forgot which one, and can't see for myself, i don't have the game.
Make your choice:

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/IOS38

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/IOS53

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/IOS55

Sounds to me like 53 is the one you are looking for.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
Wiipower, i used softchip,
IOS38
IOS53
IOS55

all installed, all tried via them IOS's on non 002 fixed softchip, non work, BLANK SCREEN

002 fixed softchip, gamma, geckoOS i use
smile.gif

just to add im a old gen chip user, cannot bypass 001 from disc channel, unless trucha signed which i don't, that's why i use loaders, they're my true disc channels!

Mailenste

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Mailenste said:
I don't have SoftChip since I need to install a cIOS to get it running and I don't plan to do that. I guess somebody else has to do that for me^^.

-Edit- Thanks, djdynamite123
smile.gif

No you don't need a cIOS for SoftChip. And if i understood djdynamite123 correctly, he can't get past the 002 error in the disc channel, so his test means nothing. You don't have to test this, but i think that's still interesting.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
yeah i tried loading each IOS of the 3 with "normal" nonfix softchip, couldnt bypass, loaded to blank screen, then dead... obviously non fixed geckoOS resulted in 002..also without instaling them 3 IOS's disc channel would give me BLANK SCREEN, now with 3 IOS's installed back to old 001 error,
thats my test from a few weeks ago..
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 9:02 am here