Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
-Edit- Thanks, djdynamite123
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwhat you thanking me for?

QUOTE(djdynamite123 @ Dec 26 2008, 05:47 PM)
Wiipower, i used softchip,
IOS38
IOS53
IOS55

all installed, all tried via them IOS's on non 002 fixed softchip, non work, BLANK SCREEN

002 fixed softchip, gamma, geckoOS i use
smile.gif

just to add im a old gen chip user, cannot bypass 001 from disc channel, unless trucha signed which i don't, that's why i use loaders, they're my true disc channels!

Player77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've never seen any 002 error on my (1st gen) Wiikey chipped Pal system (3.2E)......
I hardly play any games though, but I do know that Need for speed Undercover
runs without any problems.

Wiisel

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mr WiiPower sir i have just tested NFSU (same region) and it boots from the disc channel with IOS55 I will try it in SoftChip and post my results if your interested.

would this confirm that 002 is not copy protection but is a region protection?

edit*
here are they results anyway

with 002 fix disabled i get an error

with 002 enabled i can boot the game with IOS36, 51, 55

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think it's some kind of not being loaded by the disc channel protection at least. If you can play a game from another region this way, i don't know, but i doubt it.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think it is looking for a region specific system menu of a minimum version and if not found it will generate the #002 error. I didn't look at the original patch specifics so this is just my theory.

NTSC-U Wii at 3.2U with WiiKey at 1.9g. NO cIOS installed.

I allowed NFSU (NTSC-U) to install IOS 38, 53, 55. It runs fine and runs under IOS53. No #002 error or issues at all.

DK:JB (NTSC-J) contains the same IOS set as NFSU (NTSC-U) but also contains a NTSC-J system menu update (I think it was v288 which is 3.2J). I removed the update partition and it produced the #002 error. I then patched it with the #002 patch and console language detection set to Japanese and it produced a green screen. Running it under a non-#002 fixed GeckoOS the game plays fine.

I think in the future games will contain the #002 code and higher version system menus which will force you to upgrade your Wii or patch the ISOs or run under some homebrew (GeckoOS/SoftChip/etc.) with a #002 fix.

I think all chips are capable of a fix but few people are experiencing the #002 error because there are so few games with it in there and it does not yet look for a newer version system menu. Surely someone with more knowledge could reply on this.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you patch the game in any way and the game uses one of the new IOS, it's not supposed to work in the disc channel. We will see if nintendo will develop a new protection soon or not.

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lazycus said:
I think in the future games will contain the #002 code and higher version system menus which will force you to upgrade your Wii or patch the ISOs or run under some homebrew (GeckoOS/SoftChip/etc.) with a #002 fix.

... or active modchip teams will add in the #002 fix to their chips, if it's possible.

pcton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Let's see...
I have one of the first wii ninja chips on pal wii.
Running 3.2E with patchmii and dvdx.
Patched the iso with 001 and 002, both, main.dol AND NfsMWEuropeEnDuRelease.dol.
Removed updated with BrickBlocker and changed requested ios to 36 with iospatcher.

Works fine!

Gabber

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've got the Wiikey2 installed in my PAL wii, and own an original copy of NFS:undercover,
so i've got all the IOS' installed i need to bypass the #002 error.
Donkey Kong Jungle beat(NTSC) first told me to install an update so i've enabled the preloader option to skip those.
first i got a black screen, so after searching for this I found language should be set to Jpn. my Wii is PAL though,
so i've set the language to english and the game works just fine! don't know if this helps any1..
if it does, yw
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: