Hacking DECRYPTING

beve

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
ok so i hear you can decrypt .dat into .nds but when i do with r4 crypt it gives me out put data what the hell do i do with it

im trying to ysmenu (_ds_menu.dat) into an nds file so i can boot it via _ds_mshl

how how how???

PLEASE HELP ME

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
So you're trying to replace the main R4 loader with YSMenu? Or are you trying to replace Moonshell with YSMenu? What exactly are you trying to do? Your message makes no sense.

edit : And I'll say it again, don't even think about releasing one of your "hacked firmwares" bundled with YSMenu.

beve

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
i want to make it moonshell

and im not bundling it with r4 and releasing it i want the game compatibility

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
beve said:

Then you don't have to encrypt it. Just rename it from YSMenu.nds to _ds_mshl.nds or whatever it's supposed to be called.

beve

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
i did but then it wont boot games it says "unsupported dldi name" when i boot a game, i have dldi patched with dldirc

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
beve said:
i did but then it wont boot games it says "unsupported dldi name" when i boot a game, i have dldi patched with dldirc

Like I said before, if you'd have taken the time to actually read the whole post rather than just the instructions you'd know that YSMenu can't run homebrew on the R4, just .NDS roms and .GBA/.NES/.GB/.GBC files if you've got a Slot 2 cart and the right emulators.

beve

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
*shakes head* IT IS A GAME ROM METROID PRIME HUNTERS.NDS AND IT SAYS TO ALL OV EM "UNSURPPORTED DLDI NAME" ON THE .NDS VERSION AND ON THE .DAT VERSION IT BOOTS THEM FINE!!!!

i said GAME not homebrew game

how much to i have to go though to get a game going ....

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
beve said:
*shakes head* IT IS A GAME ROM METROID PRIME HUNTERS.NDS AND IT SAYS TO ALL OV EM "UNSURPPORTED DLDI NAME" ON THE .NDS VERSION AND ON THE .DAT VERSION IT BOOTS THEM FINE!!!!

i said GAME not homebrew game

how much to i have to go though to get a game going ....

Why aren't you just loading it using the R4 loader?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
2611640698_2b892410b4.jpg

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TrolleyDave said:
beve said:

Then you don't have to encrypt it. Just rename it from YSMenu.nds to _ds_mshl.nds or whatever it's supposed to be called.

beve said:

QUOTE(MasterPenguin @ Aug 31 2008, 06:08 PM) Just use the R4 firmware..Then for games that don't work, load up YSMENU. Everything will work fine, doing that.

QUOTE(beve @ Aug 31 2008, 06:11 PM)
thats too much work....

It's not too much work if you change the 2nd menu (moonshell) into YSmenu, and looking at oyur post you did change it. In the r4 menu choose the first one to load r4 menu and mid option to load YSmenu. How is that too much work??

beve

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
ill say it once more.

1.when i use ysmenu.nds it wont boot games(like metroid prime hunters) it says "unsupported dldi name"
2.when i use _ds_menu.dat it boots games great loads the perfect

i just want to have ysmenu.nds as _ds_mshl.nds but it dose the same as 1.

i have dldi patched with dldirc for r4

so straight to the point i want to boot games from ysmenu.nds but it says unsupported dldi name

i heard you can decrypt it to an .nds file but when i do it give me output.dat what the ****

beve

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
it to much work to change the r4's _ds_menu.dat to ysmenu's _ds_menu.dat on the computer just for that how can i get it booting games vis _ds_mshl.nds

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
beve said:
it to much work to change the r4's _ds_menu.dat to ysmenu's _ds_menu.dat on the computer just for that how can i get it booting games vis _ds_mshl.nds

Why aren't you just loading it (the game that is) using the official R4 loader? It works just fine and there's no messing about.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0