Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Yep, it's true.. the next Tony Hawk game for the DS is coming with motion controls.. the motion add-on will be also used on Hue Pixel painter, another game that will be bundled with TH.

QUOTE said:
Activision has a new Nintendo DS game to announce — Tony Hawk’s Motion and Hue Pixel Painter, which utilizes the Motion Pack for two separate games in one package. In Tony Hawk’s Motion, players can twist, tilt and turn through various skateboarding sessions as well as for the first time for the franchise, snowboarding missions. DS Gamers also get Hue Pixel Painter, an action-oriented puzzler that challengers gamers to return color to a dull world.

Tony Hawk’s Motion/Hue Pixel Painter is in development by Creat Studios and will be available this November for the Nintendo DS.

image_o_matic.x_1_2_3_4.jpg

image_so_matic.x.jpg

EDIT: official press release:
QUOTEDelivering an innovative way to experience handheld gaming, Tony Hawk’s Motion and Hue Pixel Painter utilizes the Motion Pack to feature accelerometer technology on the Nintendo DS.

In Tony Hawk’s Motion players can twist, tilt and turn through numerous skateboarding sessions and for the first time in franchise history, the game brings snowboarding to its line-up adding to the more than 20 diverse mini-challenges available including new ones like Rail Hopper and Slalom and familiar ones like Hawk-Man and High Score.

Once players finish grinding through locales like Tokyo, Dubai, Vermont and the Alps, they can switch gears and dip into the action-oriented puzzler Hue Pixel Painter. Uncovering sources of paint below the ground’s surface, players take Hue through various landscapes bringing color back to a dreary environment and defending against the Drabs who have set out to leave the world gray and bland.

KEY FEATURES:

* Same intuitive gameplay, Two unique experiences: The accelerometer-based control mechanism offers players innovative and original gameplay for two separate games in one package. Players take full control of characters by tilting, twisting and moving the DS to skate and snowboard in Tony Hawk’s Motion or bring color to a dull world in Hue Pixel Painter.

* Snowboarding introduced to the Tony Hawk franchise: Tony Hawk’s Motion brings an all-new experience to the franchise by introducing snowboarding for the first time with the help of pro snowboarder Todd Richards.

* Bring life and color to the world: In Hue Pixel Painter, quickly connect paint filled pools to transform still, barren wastelands into living landscapes of lush sounds and vivid color one element at a time.

* Exclusive music by top DJ/Remixer J. Period: Skate and snowboard in Tony Hawk’s Motion to constant beats and tempos mixed by one of the industry’s fastest-rising DJ/Remixers, J. Period.

* High replay value and gameplay variety: Players will glide through more than 10 levels as they bring color to various landscapes while preventing the vicious Drabs from devouring the color and essence from the world in Hue Pixel Painter or change gears with Tony Hawk’s Motion to face more than 20 skate and snowboarding challenges across four world locations.

Publisher: Activision Publishing, Inc.
Developer: Creat Studios

Release Date: November 2008

SRP: $39.99 (NDS)

ESRB rating: “RP” (Rating Pending)

source and more screens: http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/54486

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if I care, especially seeing that the developer has done the atrocious Aqua Teen Hunger Force Zombie Ninja Pro-Am & Biker Mice from Mars.

The idea itself just smells of "we've ran out of ideas so we're using motion".

Will have to be pretty special to make me want it instead of Skate It.

fateastray

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
motion control works...When the screen is not on the controller....Flip it to the right, Tony makes a move. Oh shit, I can't see what's happening, flip it back! Tony does some unintended freakshow of a move and crashes. The Tony Hawk games should've been dead 'n buried ages ago...

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, the screen moving with the motion can work but only in very limited circumstances, like for example a marble game. I can't really imagine how it will work in a skating game. In the end, the puzzle painting game might prove to be the better game on the cartridge combo...

I wonder if this Motion Pak will be used in other games. As it's not a Nintendo but an Activision addon that doesn't sound too likely but who knows? Pretty awesome news in any case.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a