The GBAtemp Robot
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
homebrew.gif
RoFage v1.3.2a
Multiplatform OfflineList-like program written in Java

Schyzophrenic has released a new version of RoFage, his rom manager which is very similar to OfflineList. It uses the same DAT-files and works in the same way, but it's written in Java, meaning it's multiplatform. In other words: a very interesting program for Linux users.

A changelog is not (yet?) available, but a number of improvements have been made. Problems with the file browser are fixed, and a Dutch translation (by me) has been added.
The complete changelog:
Code:
Added functionality : Add an overall indicator while checking images
Added functionality : Add version number to the log file (start line)
Added functionality : Redirecting standard output to RoFage.log
Added functionality : Dutch translation by Maikel Steneker
Added functionality : Changing of the default Java icon
Added functionality : Send an e-mail to the author
Added functionality : Report a bug button opens a browser to the relevant web page
Added functionality : Export list to a file
Added functionality : Credits for german translation
Added functionality : The release nb can now either be located in the comment field or the releaseNb field. The configuration must be deleted then readded or the dat must be updated
for this modification to take effect
Filtering has been updated accordingly
Added functionality : German language available
Added functionality : Compress roms while importing (if the "delete source files check box is not checked, original files will still be in the directory)
Added functionality : The release group is now showed in the rom info panel
Added functionality : Tooltips were added in the rom infos panel
Added functionality : Tooltips were added in the game list on icons

Bugfix : English is now the default language if no language file has been found (or a text is not translated)
Bugfix : (issue 12) images are now scrollable if they are too big
Bugfix : Some texts in some windows were not updated when we changed the language
Bugfix : The warning test if there is no configuration was not displayed properly on non english / french platforms.
icon11.gif
Source
download.gif
Download
Contributed by Maikel Steneker

Schyzophrenic

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Here is the changelog for the 1.3.2 version :
Code:
Added functionality : Add an overall indicator while checking images
Added functionality : Add version number to the log file (start line)
Added functionality : Redirecting standard output to RoFage.log 
Added functionality : Dutch translation by Maikel Steneker
Added functionality : Changing of the default Java icon
Added functionality : Send an e-mail to the author
Added functionality : Report a bug button opens a browser to the relevant web page
Added functionality : Export list to a file
Added functionality : Credits for german translation
Added functionality : The release nb can now either be located in the comment field or the releaseNb field. The configuration must be deleted then readded or the dat must be updated
for this modification to take effect
Filtering has been updated accordingly
Added functionality : German language available
Added functionality : Compress roms while importing (if the "delete source files check box is not checked, original files will still be in the directory)
Added functionality : The release group is now showed in the rom info panel
Added functionality : Tooltips were added in the rom infos panel
Added functionality : Tooltips were added in the game list on icons

Bugfix : English is now the default language if no language file has been found (or a text is not translated)
Bugfix : (issue 12) images are now scrollable if they are too big
Bugfix : Some texts in some windows were not updated when we changed the language
Bugfix : The warning test if there is no configuration was not displayed properly on non english / french platforms.

This software is also open-source which means you can participate if you are willing to help.
wink.gif

Thanx Maikel for the news ^^

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I get a "Could not find the main class. Program will exit" when I run the jar.

Then, I went to the author page, and it says "Java 1.6 needed", to bad I'm still in 1.5
frown.gif

1.6 have some problems with cache not cleaned correctly (especially for oekaki picture edition), so I downgraded to 5.

If I have time, I will install 1.6 to test you application
smile.gif

it's a good thing it reads offlinelist/advanscene xml

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I really liked this application, but I stopped using it some time ago because of the database having completely different release numbers then GBAtemp( which is the one that counts for me ).
Maybe I choose the wrong dat file to beguine with, perhaps somebody could help me to get the right one ?

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's a must download then...thanks.

EDIT

Just tried it out, and still the release numbers are completely different from GBAtemp, it's like 60-70 numbers ahead.
Can I do anything to manually point it to a dat file with the same release numbers as GBAtemp ?

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
juggernaut911 said:
why would you need something like this? get release news? do people actually collect roms?

Well it's actually goos to collect roms.
In fact think about the future: With faster computers and better emulators you might like to have a large number of games on your hard drive and be able to browse trough your collection without having to redownload stuff that you already had and got rid of.
Even snes romsets where once to big to keep on my harddrive and where usually downloaded as I needed them. Now they just sit on there waiting to be organized just like RoFage does for gba and ds......

P.S Can anybody point me out to a dat file ( if there is any ) compatible with gbatemp releases numbers ? I found out that the one currently implemented is like 60-70 numbers ahead....

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Take NDScrc, it has the good dat, I'm using it and it's same number as GBAtemp.
you can find it on advanscene.com

Sorry to promote another renamer on your thread.

Schyzophrenic

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Cyan said:
Take NDScrc, it has the good dat, I'm using it and it's same number as GBAtemp.
you can find it on advanscene.com

Sorry to promote another renamer on your thread.

Well, it's ok but I think this is just a matter of .dat files. I enclosed gba and nds dat files to RoFage but you can add any OL compliant dat files (such as PSP for instance). So if you get the dat of NDScrc (I never tried it), it should work if it has the same format than other dat files.

There might be a SNES dat somewhere too
smile.gif

If something's wrong with those files, just let me know and I'll try to integrate them as well.

Schyzophrenic

Trophies
XP
Country
France
We could also ask the admin if they want to export their database to a dat format (and create the folders for downloading images), so that the content would be exactly the same as the one online...

But, I had a closer look on the GBAtemp's release numbers and the one included in the DAT... As far as I can see, they ARE the same as long as you use the "comment" field instead of the releaseNb of the dat. This is an option in the configuration window of your dat.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I already asked for a dat generator on gbatemp database, but it missed all the crc for DS release.
it could be easily added with a dat, but some releases may be inverted between gbatemp and dat crc, so someone need to check them all manually first.

second, some fields in gbatemp are fantasist, especially the "Genre" field, and many others are incorrect, like screenshot inverted between games.
(I know it's hard to maintain, I'm not criticizing database admin, and I think users doesn't report errors so you can't correct all of them)

The advanscene dat are always corrected on each update, even on very old releases. I think it's easier to use it for DS.

Yokimari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an app similar to this that can actually view ONLY the roms you own?

-edit- Found it, sorting wasn't working at first.. another question, does this update it's database that often? Three of my games don't even appear due to the fact that it's not in the database.

Schyzophrenic

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, most of the time the database is updated on a very regular basis, thanks to the work of Advanscene.
Nevertheless, they indicated that they had some technical issues updating the dat lately. But this should be fixed very shortly I assume.

The database is updated when you click on "Update" under the "?" menu... or each time you start the application if you have checked the box "update at startup" for this dat in the configuration menu.

Hope it helps !
smile.gif

kmihalj

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
I tried to use few No-intro DAT-s (for SNES, N64, etc.) but these DATs are not working ....
unsure.gif

I later do a manual edit of these DATs ... and discover that these DATs does not have release number .... and that number is needed for RoFage to work correctly (they work in offline list without it, ... but OfflineList is for Windows only ... and I'm on Mac
ph34r.gif
)
... I manualy added few numbers and that DATs are working now...

Also I enable FolderActions so afther I extracted ROM to specified folder I't instantly loaded into emulator
grog.gif

So for any DAT to work release number must be unique for each game ... and must exist...

Schyzophrenic

Trophies
XP
Country
France
kmihalj said:
I tried to use few No-intro DAT-s (for SNES, N64, etc.) but these DATs are not working ....
unsure.gif

I later do a manual edit of these DATs ... and discover that these DATs does not have release number .... and that number is needed for RoFage to work correctly (they work in offline list without it, ... but OfflineList is for Windows only ... and I'm on Mac
ph34r.gif
)
... I manualy added few numbers and that DATs are working now...

Also I enable FolderActions so afther I extracted ROM to specified folder I't instantly loaded into emulator
grog.gif

So for any DAT to work release number must be unique for each game ... and must exist...
Hmmm... It doesn't work that's true... And it's due to the release number, good analysis. I never tried those dats before. I'll see what I can do. As you say it's a mjaor drawback (in my opinion), not to have those dats working !

Thanks for the feedback !

Btw, what do you mean by "Also I enable FolderActions so afther I extracted ROM to specified folder I't instantly loaded into emulator
grog.gif
", I am not sure to understand what you mean.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vb-RNPvOb5M?si=J4BktsiMjYqTDkIo +1