Hacking Wii system corrupt

Hielkenator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi,

After playing Mario & Sonic on the winter olympics for a while from CFG loader, I went to the system menu from the game.
Instead of acctually showing the menu it said the "system files are corrupt"

I have bootmii v2 and no Nand backup...
I can still enter the HBC.
I'm on 4.1 E

I installed a fresh System menu but it did'nt help.
I installed an unstubbed ios 60 but it did'nt help.

Any ideas?

Kratozero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It could be any IOS, try installing Darkcorp1.1, that way, all main IOS will get fixed and the problem might be solved.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
no, darkcorp is bad advice, and he's just guessing ("problem might be solved")

do u have any custom channels installed? like forwarder channels, those can sometimes lead to the system files corrupted message. If so, delete them one by one until u determine which channel was causing the problem.

Do u have an older version of priiloader installed? U should install a non-stubbed and patched system menu IOS (IOS60 in ur case), as that will fix that error if it was caused by an older priiloader, and it will also allow u to play wiiware moved to an sd card.

if that doesn't work, then I would recommend a full re-hack using ModMii to install\update official non-patched IOSs (unlike darkcorp... pshhh, still can't believe some1 recommended that, lol)

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't install Darkcorp. That's really dumb advice. Instead, run sysCheck from the Homebrew Channel and paste the results here. Likewise, it might be a good idea to use ModMii to reinstall all your IOS files.

Hielkenator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am trying the Modmii rehack.
I'll post the result...

Does anybody know hoe this could happen?
I was just playing a game from usb....

Hielkenator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ALERT! playing mario & sonic at the winter olympics PAL from USB and exiting from the game via the home button CAN result in a brick!

It fixable rehacking the Wii, but still... can anyone confirm to?

Using hermes 222

Hielkenator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lacius said:
Hielkenator said:
ALERT! playing mario & sonic at the winter olympics from USB and exeting from the via the home button resuts in a brick!
I just tried. No brick.

Used hermes 222?v4 38 (
PAL version of game.

Exit from skating game. 500m play as AMY

Edit had it bricked for the second time now.. also happens with Wanins Cios.

Really ALERT!

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hielkenator said:
Used hermes 222?
Not originally, but I just tried that too:

4.1U
CFG Loader v65
NTSC-U version of the game
IOS249 (249dx56) and IOS222 (5.1)

Exited the game at various points using the Home button. No brick.

As it has already been mentioned, no system files are edited when playing a game using CFG. Is it possible you did something before playing and then just never want back to the system menu until after playing? Have you tried reinstalling all your IOS files and system menu using ModMii? Did you create a sysCheck report? What else have you done to your Wii recently?

Edit: I just saw that you were able to fix it.

Hielkenator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lacius said:
Hielkenator said:
Used hermes 222?
Not originally, but I just tried that too:

4.1U
CFG Loader v65
NTSC-U version of the game
IOS249 (249dx56) and IOS222 (5.1)

Exited the game at various points using the Home button. No brick.

As it has already been mentioned, no system files are edited when playing a game using CFG. Is it possible you did something before playing and then just never want back to the system menu until after playing? Have you tried reinstalling all your IOS files and system menu using ModMii? Did you create a sysCheck report? What else have you done to your Wii recently?

Edit: I just saw that you were able to fix it.

Yes reinstalling IOS 60 fixes it.

But I can make it happen whenever I want.... Can somebody wth decesnt brick protection try it out?
For people without protection this could be dangerous.
The game want's to go to the system menu, but then the error comes up.
It somehow corrupts ios 60....

It could be a PAL problem.
Can somebody confirm?

Hielkenator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
mauifrog said:
FYI any homebrew app can brick your wii. There have been a few bricks from USB Loader GX.

I can perform the brick whenever I want with this game....
Shou'ld'nt people be warned?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Somehow Naruto Shippuden Ninja Revolution 3 PAL does the exact same thing for me. Load in CFG, allow it to create save file, exit and BAM "Sytem files corrupt" bricked. Good thing I had an NAND backup from 2 hours ago
ohmy.gif
Maybe it tries to save in an IOS slot for some fucked up reason? I haven't tested fixing it with reinstalling IOS, but it happened three times in a row so it can't be coincidence. I fixed it by restoring (All hail BootMii) from backup, but still...

Hielkenator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Arras said:
Somehow Naruto Shippuden Ninja Revolution 3 PAL does the exact same thing for me. Load in CFG, allow it to create save file, exit and BAM "Sytem files corrupt" bricked. Good thing I had an NAND backup from 2 hours ago
ohmy.gif
Maybe it tries to save in an IOS slot for some fucked up reason? I haven't tested fixing it with reinstalling IOS, but it happened three times in a row so it can't be coincidence. I fixed it by restoring (All hail BootMii) from backup, but still...

Hmm could it CFG loader related?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was using the latest CFG, v65 stable I think. Might have something to do with that. Ima try the NTSC ISO now.
EDIT: NTSC-U does the exact same thing.

T

TheRealVisitor

What cIOS are you using for that game? Try a different one. Had same problem with two games+CFG+Wanins cIOS with base57 a while ago. Switched to base 56 or 38 for that games and issue was solved.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://youtu.be/9FcXxqthgUM?feature=shared&t=169