Hacking Homebrew channel is upsidedown after 4.2U

  • Thread starter Thread starter gir489
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 20,723
  • Replies Replies 21

gir489

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2009
Messages
101
Reaction score
0
Trophies
1
XP
51
Country
United States
I just used Waninikoko's 4.2 updater, and now the new homebrew channel is upside down.

What I mean is this:

I was going to reinstall Homebrew Channel, but HackMii 0.5 says it can not install HBC or DVDX.

I installed the Homebrew Channel 1.0.5 prior to installing 4.2U.
 
use dop-ios mod to reload iso's 30 and 61. hacmii 0.5 wil work and hbc will be right way up. the problem is that 1 or both of those ios's are faksigned (trucha bugged). add them back without fake signing them.
 
I thought that was the problem, too.

But last night I went through all my IOSs with DOP-IOS and reinstalled every single one of them.
 
gir489 said:
I just used Waninikoko's 4.2 updater

There we go. Hit "home" on that upside down HBC and find out what IOS it is using (usually IOS61), then use NUSD and download that specific IOS and pack it into a wad. Finally, install it with wad manager and your HBC should be fixed.
 
It actually said IOS0, which was kind of weird.

So, I changed Preloader's IOS to IOS70, and now it works.
 
zektor said:
gir489 said:
I just used Waninikoko's 4.2 updater

There we go. Hit "home" on that upside down HBC and find out what IOS it is using (usually IOS61), then use NUSD and download that specific IOS and pack it into a wad. Finally, install it with wad manager and your HBC should be fixed.


That worked like a charm!!!! THANK YOU!!! My homebrew was using ios36 I downloaded it using NSUD , packed it and put the WAD file in the WAD folder and installed it with WAD manager....Presto!
 
beach40 said:
zektor said:
gir489 said:
I just used Waninikoko's 4.2 updater

There we go. Hit "home" on that upside down HBC and find out what IOS it is using (usually IOS61), then use NUSD and download that specific IOS and pack it into a wad. Finally, install it with wad manager and your HBC should be fixed.


That worked like a charm!!!! THANK YOU!!! My homebrew was using ios36 I downloaded it using NSUD , packed it and put the WAD file in the WAD folder and installed it with WAD manager....Presto!


Welcome
smile.gif
This is the universal fix for anyone with an upside down HBC btw.
 
sidishere said:
The easiest and most reasonable solution is turn your TV upside down.
I quite agree. Actually, that's what I'vew been doing. Only problem is whenever I use my TV/Wii for anything besides HBC I have to turn my TV back to normal again. While very exhaustive it's good exercise tough. I'm just concerned about pulling cables during the procedure.
Since HBC 1.0.5 I regret that I bought a big ass LCD TV...
 
easiest yes but most reasonable would fall to zektors method it makes sense the same goes for those who cannot install the hackmii installer i grabed ios 36 original installed it and was all set
smile.gif
seems reasonable to me that installing the proper official ios (most of the time ios that need not be trucha signed for the breef time it takes to do these operations and can easily be over written after your done with trucha ios tbh its not a long process and prob better for your TV and the wires attached to it LOL thats generally a joke but leave it to the forum members to take it at face value over reading a few posts LOL
 
HI guys, l'm having the same problem.

Whats "NSUD", my HBC is running on IOS36, what WAD do l need to find to fix this? If anyone could give me a full name to search for, or maybe contact me in PM l'd really appricaite it.
 
zektor said:
beach40 said:
zektor said:
gir489 said:
I just used Waninikoko's 4.2 updater

There we go. Hit "home" on that upside down HBC and find out what IOS it is using (usually IOS61), then use NUSD and download that specific IOS and pack it into a wad. Finally, install it with wad manager and your HBC should be fixed.


That worked like a charm!!!! THANK YOU!!! My homebrew was using ios36 I downloaded it using NSUD , packed it and put the WAD file in the WAD folder and installed it with WAD manager....Presto!


Welcome
smile.gif
This is the universal fix for anyone with an upside down HBC btw.

Hello,

I've tried this same thing howeve rwhen installing the wad with a wadmanager l am given an error that says:
"Error: could not read file data. (ret = 0) Wad not installed."

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks!
 
this happend to me to but i just reinstall ios 36 with no patching and the hbc went back to normal and all works fine
 
my HBC uses IOS36 n i need it to install cIOS, so i cant install it =S i got the hbc upside down using trucha bug restorer...=/ what can i do ?
 
If I understand correctly, you already have the cios installed, so now you dont need trucha ios36 anymore?
 
Never new about the NUS downloader before this post. found it and followd the instuctions and now have a homebrew channel that is the correct way up.

I also used the 4.2 upgrader. software and got this problem,
I tried to reinstall the Homebrew channel the old fashioned way using the sd card with updated software but it just says i do not have a reconised IOS. must be to do with the truca bug as i nver used that as i webt from 3.1E to 4.2E. it does not mater now as i have it working anf have made my NAND backup of before the upgrade and after the upgrade.

if you know how to get the miiistaller to work i would appreciate some advice.

Regards
Cunzie
 
beach40 said:
zektor said:
gir489 said:
I just used Waninikoko's 4.2 updater

There we go. Hit "home" on that upside down HBC and find out what IOS it is using (usually IOS61), then use NUSD and download that specific IOS and pack it into a wad. Finally, install it with wad manager and your HBC should be fixed.


That worked like a charm!!!! THANK YOU!!! My homebrew was using ios36 I downloaded it using NSUD , packed it and put the WAD file in the WAD folder and installed it with WAD manager....Presto!
Hi,

Im having the same problem as you had earlier this month. My Homebrew channel (HBC) is also upside down.
Having no clue on how to fix this, maybe you can help me out here.

I know I must patch an unsigned IOS into a WAD or something, but haven't got a clue!

Can you help me out here?

My HBC runs on IOS36.

Thanks in advance!

Ron.
 
help, ive just done this on my friends wii and have the upside down hbc.


I have a mac so cant use NUS downloader


any other way of doing it?


thanks
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted