Yuzu stable updated, now runs Tears of the Kingdom at full speed, 4k, 60fps and more

FwB5s0JagAAjotB.jpg

Once again (and much to Nintendo's dismay), emulator users and players may rejoice. The emulator community is hard at work to make your favourite games playable in a much better way than what the original developers and hardware allow, and this time it shines all the way through with the latest Zelda title, Tears of the Kingdom (TotK), running on the Switch emulator with fantastic results, in just a couple days after its official release.

The wait up to the release of Tears of the Kingdom has surely been a ride for many, for better or for worse, since the game was leaked almost 2 weeks away from release, allowing the game to be played quite early; not only for Switch owners, but also for people wanting to emulate the game. As a response, Nintendo seemingly went in their usual DMCA-happy rampage one week ago towards some homebrew projects that allow for dumping your own personal keys and games directly from your Switch (Lockpick_RCM) to allow you to play your dumped games legally through emulators, and this action unadvertedly also caused the developers of the Switch emulator for Android devices, Skyline, to cease development of the project.

That won't stop the other main Switch emulators though, as the Yuzu team released an update through Twitter announcing that now both their Early Access build, as well as their stable build, now run TotK at full speed, 4k resolutions and 60 fps, while also allowing the game to run mods and cheats now as well.

The 60fps option is one that isn't currently available as-is through the emulator, as this has to be enabled through cheat codes to make the game run at 60fps. The cheats for this feature are currently being featured in GBATemp's own Downloads page, courtesy of user somerandompeople, for those interested in trying it out on their end.

MariArch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What processor do you need to hold a stable 60fps? I have a 5800x3d and was experiencing slowdown quite frequently. 30 much more stable

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yuzu more stable the Switch itself…
I don't touch my CFW switch once I got Yuzu set up I love the convenience. I really see no need for a CFW switch unless you are trading pokemon. I only play docked mode on my CFW switch anymore so I like to preserve my console.

It's just a AppImage port I haven't tried much but the new Pokemon like ass haven't messed with it could be better by now
I want to get a steamdeck but idk... I already got a Vita, Ds, 3DS, and CFW switch. I mostly use my S23 on the go with the gamesir gamepad.

Reactions: Kioku

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
How does Yuzu hold up on Steam deck does it play all the games as YUZU or no..
I can confirm for myself that with the 30fps and Dynamic FPS cheat codes, you can get a really good experience playing TotK on Deck.
You can get around 25-30 fps, with a solid 30fps in areas that aren't too populated.

The only places where it tends to drag is in towns or cities, like Zora's Domain, which has been the biggest offender so far for me, but the dynamic fps patch helps to really alleviate the issue on Deck.

Besides, it's not like towns/cities play really well on real console anway lol

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't touch my CFW switch once I got Yuzu set up I love the convenience. I really see no need for a CFW switch unless you are trading pokemon. I only play docked mode on my CFW switch anymore so I like to preserve my console.

I want to get a steamdeck but idk... I already got a Vita, Ds, 3DS, and CFW switch. I mostly use my S23 on the go with the gamesir gamepad.
I haven't put it down since tbh I sleep next to it people are gettired of me talking about lol.

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put the latest firmware files and keys in their respective yuzu folders but i just can't seem to be able to install the 1.1 patch. I get the "1 file failed installation" error and I googled it and well... to no avail.

Of course I had the wrong keys. /facepalm

Last edited by isoboy,
Reactions: NakedFaerie

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: