Yuzu stable updated, now runs Tears of the Kingdom at full speed, 4k, 60fps and more

FwB5s0JagAAjotB.jpg

Once again (and much to Nintendo's dismay), emulator users and players may rejoice. The emulator community is hard at work to make your favourite games playable in a much better way than what the original developers and hardware allow, and this time it shines all the way through with the latest Zelda title, Tears of the Kingdom (TotK), running on the Switch emulator with fantastic results, in just a couple days after its official release.

The wait up to the release of Tears of the Kingdom has surely been a ride for many, for better or for worse, since the game was leaked almost 2 weeks away from release, allowing the game to be played quite early; not only for Switch owners, but also for people wanting to emulate the game. As a response, Nintendo seemingly went in their usual DMCA-happy rampage one week ago towards some homebrew projects that allow for dumping your own personal keys and games directly from your Switch (Lockpick_RCM) to allow you to play your dumped games legally through emulators, and this action unadvertedly also caused the developers of the Switch emulator for Android devices, Skyline, to cease development of the project.

That won't stop the other main Switch emulators though, as the Yuzu team released an update through Twitter announcing that now both their Early Access build, as well as their stable build, now run TotK at full speed, 4k resolutions and 60 fps, while also allowing the game to run mods and cheats now as well.

The 60fps option is one that isn't currently available as-is through the emulator, as this has to be enabled through cheat codes to make the game run at 60fps. The cheats for this feature are currently being featured in GBATemp's own Downloads page, courtesy of user somerandompeople, for those interested in trying it out on their end.

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
I cant get it to run in yuzu, it says something about the wrong key?
All other games work, just not that one.
But it does wirk in ryujinx but at 10 to 15fps.

Would be great to get it at 30fps.

Bur doesnt really matter, i have the original so playing that at full speed so happy now.

Was fun playing it a week before release on steam deck.

But yea. Whats with it saying bad keys on yuzu?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Bur doesnt really matter, i have the original so playing that at full speed so happy now.

Updated your prod.keys file to have the latest firmware keys, which should be 16.0.2

dudeguy2022

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Updated your prod.keys file to have the latest firmware keys, which should be 16.0.2
ShadowOne333 is right, but you also need the v2 patch.

Lodad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even at 25fps the gameplay feels pretty solid on SteamDeck
What setup do you have for getting 25? I've followed about 9 hours of janky downloads and wild goose chases, undervolt/overclock/powertools, and I get either 10 fps or half speed.

Reactions: dudeguy2022

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried the different patches on my 5600x in yuzu and I've got no chance with the 60 patch. It just stutters and fluctuates. I get a nice 30 though. I'm sure some clever people are working on optimization. Won't be long until we can play at "4k potato".

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Yea i did get the latest before but it still didnt work.
Last night someone sent me a new file and that one worked.

The steam deck says its running mostly at 20fps but it feels smoother than that. I did see it drop to 14fps but that felt like 20fps. And mostly it feels like 30fps.

So much smoother than ryujinx which plays everything nicely.

Good to have both installed and switch betwen the 2. Some games are smoother, faster, look better or just work on one but not the other.
I prefer ryujinx as most games work better than yuzu. But when they update it and its smoother i will happily change apps.

Thanks to the person who sent me the file so quick. :)

CharlesDeGaulle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What setup do you have for getting 25? I've followed about 9 hours of janky downloads and wild goose chases, undervolt/overclock/powertools, and I get either 10 fps or half speed.
Last week EA build of Yuzu, 16.0.1 keys.
Cryotools activated.
Two mods: Yuzufix and 30fps.
This reddit post gives some Yuzu minor tweaks but toying with resolution/window size gave me awfull green bugs while using the bow.

Steam Deck on 6watts TDP (so it drains "only" 50% in 80~90minutes)
Capped 25fps, smooth and stable outside towns.
Perf overlay level 2 so I see immediately when it is compiling.

Most importantly:
After applying all of that, empty the shaders folder and start compiling anew, it gave me a really nice stability boost.

After ~10hours of yawning...sorry, I meant enjoying this masterpiece, I only had one hard crash when lurking into Hyrule castle.

Cheers

Reactions: Lodad

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Last week EA build of Yuzu, 16.0.1 keys.
Cryotools activated.
Two mods: Yuzufix and 30fps.
This reddit post gives some Yuzu minor tweaks but toying with resolution/window size gave me awfull green bugs while using the bow.

Steam Deck on 6watts TDP (so it drains "only" 50% in 80~90minutes)
Capped 25fps, smooth and stable outside towns.
Perf overlay level 2 so I see immediately when it is compiling.

Most importantly:
After applying all of that, empty the shaders folder and start compiling anew, it gave me a really nice stability boost.

After ~10hours of yawning...sorry, I meant enjoying this masterpiece, I only had one hard crash when lurking into Hyrule castle.

Cheers

YuzuFix is not needed anymore ever since EA 3582 or so I believe.
We are way past that, so right know you only need the FPS patches, either 30 or 60 for preference, and I recommend the Dynamic FPS patch as well, since that helps a LOT with performance.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An emulator doing a better job than Nintendo? Nintendo probably will try to take it down somehow.
Post automatically merged:

I imagine Nintendo is super sad 0.000000001% of its sales will instead go to emulators :(

They'll have to settle for some lame record breaking sales and multiple Game of the Year nominations I guess
https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintend...ne-switch-emulator-development-ceased.632406/

It'd be surprising if they didn't try to DMCA this emulator, too.

Last edited by Marc_LFD,

stylo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gave my cartridge to my wife and started over on PC with the 60fps patch. This is a much better experience.
Ryzen R9 7900x - GTX 1080 Ti - 32GB DDR5 - 144hz IPS Monitor
The built in FPS counter on my monitor shows 60fps windowed but 120fps in full screen mode. I don't know if it is correct but it looks damn smooth with the occasional stutter. I can't wait for more improvements.
edit: Pressing ctrl + u gets me about 80fps unlocked so I locked it at 60 and added the cutscene fix.

Last edited by stylo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...