Hacking Yifan Lu says Register for PSM

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
assuming you installed the SDK, file:///C:/Users/Public/Documents/PSM/doc/en/key_management_en.html.
to open the demos, open PSMStudio and use it to open one of the demo's .sln files.

ok.. i opened the key management_en.html..... but where is the key in all this mess?

Reactions: Margen67

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im still having trouble. it tells me to click generate publisher key. I do that, and it wants the key name. I searched the document you said for the key name, and it says i get the key name after i generate the key. thats confusing.

ShadowSora13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
im still having trouble. it tells me to click generate publisher key. I do that, and it wants the key name. I searched the document you said for the key name, and it says i get the key name after i generate the key. thats confusing.

Insert whatever you want in that field, you must first generate a seed for your device though, after you are done with seed/publisher key generate your app key after you load the solution in PsmStudio then just "upload/run" your application from psmstudio.

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Insert whatever you want in that field, you must first generate a seed for your device though, after you are done with seed/publisher key generate your app key after you load the solution in PsmStudio then just "upload/run" your application from psmstudio.

thanks.. it wont let me generate a seed because i need to be connected to dev assistant on vita right? i am trying to connect, but it tells me to update the app vita live area. the problem is, i dont see how to to update the live area.... i would do it, but i dont see how when i push the PS button.

ShadowSora13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
thanks.. it wont let me generate a seed because i need to be connected to dev assistant on vita right? i am trying to connect, but it tells me to update the app vita live area. the problem is, i dont see how to to update the live area.... i would do it, but i dont see how when i push the PS button.

Yup you need your vita running dev assistant while connecting your usb, the live update is the small "RecycleLike" icon on the initial screen(if i remember the symbol correctly, but it's there for sure) right before you start the application(not in the bubble screen).

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i dont think its good that i update huh? it says it will be sdk 2.00.00... i need sdk 1.21.02 on the vita right/?

ShadowSora13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
well i dont think its good that i update huh? it says it will be sdk 2.00.00... i need sdk 1.21.02 on the vita right/?

Hmmm, i think the Dev assistant version doesn't matter, you only need to have sdk 1.21.02 on your PC.
EDIT:
Ain't 100% sure though, but you can easily unistall and redownload dev assistant or worst case senario reset your device and redownload it, but as i said i am 99.9% sure you need the sdk 1.21.02 on your pc and anything else doesn't matter(for the time being).

ShadowSora13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
again... another maybe:lol: im going to............nah....i wont.

Yifan's instructions do not specify a dev assistant "version, just follow his steps :P

• Sign in to the PSM DevPortal with your PSN account
  • Click the button to “Apply for PSM Publisher License” and follow the directions
  • After you get your license approved, download SDK 1.21.02 (NOT SDK 2.00.00 or Unity for PSM)
  • Follow the directions to get the dev assistant for your Vita
  • Once everything is installed, play with a demo! For example, BallMazeDemo is pretty fun. Before the demo will run though, you have to generate an app key. Refer to PSM’s documentations for that.

ShadowSora13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Sorry, just wanna bump... I generated the seed... what do i do with it now?... simply

Hmm that's weird, i was just running dev assistant with my usb connected and generated a seed no other fancy stuff happened, just check your screen won't go off while you do that's all i can "recommend".

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i remember correctly you just add it by the button that's located next to the generate seed, it will allow you to insert only the correct file.

yeah, but you said something about load a solution... how do i do that? im in psmstudio where you said to be before i generate the app key...

ShadowSora13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
yeah, but you said something about load a solution... how do i do that? im in psmstudio where you said to be before i generate the app key...

For this the order doesn't actually matter, on the key management tab http://prntscr.com/754g8r click the + symbol then navigate to C:\Users\Public\Documents\PSM\sample\demo\BallMazeDemo and find the .sln file this will create an app key, then open the psmStudio load the sln file in the same directory and "run/upload" the application to your vita(while running dev assistant as always).

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For this the order doesn't actually matter, on the key management tab http://prntscr.com/754g8r click the + symbol then navigate to C:\Users\Public\Documents\PSM\sample\demo\BallMazeDemo and find the sln file this will create an app key, then open the psmStudio load the sln file in the same directory and run the application to your vita(while running dev assistant as always).

I dont see BALLMAZEDEMO.. I see PUZZLEMAZEDEMO... does that matter?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: