Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
if this guy says you should do this... you really should

folllow the steps

• Sign in to the PSM DevPortal with your PSN account
  • Click the button to “Apply for PSM Publisher License” and follow the directions
  • After you get approved, download SDK 1.21.02 (NOT SDK 2.00.00 or Unity for PSM)
  • Follow the directions to get the dev assistant for your Vita
  • Once everything is installed, play with a demo! For example, BallMazeDemo is pretty fun. Before the demo will run though, you have to generate an app key. Refer to PSM’s documentations for that.

source: http://yifan.lu/2015/05/07/you-should-register-for-psm/

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Sony is likely going to stop giving out app keys after the program ends. So if you want to develop games, you should get one now.
And hopefully homebrew?? ^_^
Is it worth updating to the latest firmware?? and leaving 3.36 along with webkit exploit? :/

lytro

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
That's my only concern I trust yifan_lu but is the gain greater than the loss?

You`re loosing a still unused exploit. Which, who knows, might never come to use. And you gain another new exploit. Which also might never come to use. Whatever might happen in the end, you will be unhappy about it B-)

Reactions: Margen67

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
So it's been confirmed you can't do the usual trick with a PS3 to download and copy it to a Vita, but what about if you have a second Vita on the latest firmware, use that to register and download PSM, make a backup and then restore it on the first lower-firmware Vita?

yifan_lu

@yifanlu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it's been confirmed you can't do the usual trick with a PS3 to download and copy it to a Vita, but what about if you have a second Vita on the latest firmware, use that to register and download PSM, make a backup and then restore it on the first lower-firmware Vita?

I think CMA (on vita) blocks this since I've tried it with another app once. However, if you got another vita why not just use that one for psm?

Reactions: Margen67 and Flame

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
I think CMA (on vita) blocks this since I've tried it with another app once. However, if you got another vita why not just use that one for psm?
What about making a backup onto a PS3? Or would that be blocked the same as trying to download it?
The second one gets some online use, and rolling with the wildly speculative hypothetical that this PSM thing leads to a native exploit which is soon patched by an update, I'd rather not have to choose between exploit usage and continued legitimate usage if at all possible, especially assuming the possibility that future games ship with a higher firmware requirement. I could update my lower firmware one for it, but with it all set up with ARK, bubbles, package manager access, and the already viable webkit entrypoint, it seems like a lot to gamble when you're being so vague (though presumably you're being vague with good reason.)

Reactions: Margen67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs