• Views 147,007
  • Replies 269
  • Likes 17

LucioDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Maybe im doing a dumb question but playing a game that is nsp only (like megaman x legacy collection 2) into xci shouldn't be like, impossible and thus, ban worthy?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe im doing a dumb question but playing a game that is nsp only (like megaman x legacy collection 2) into xci shouldn't be like, impossible and thus, ban worthy?
Well for starters, you're playing a .XCI game which you can only do on a modded console. Nintendo cannot even verify if you own it or not but that's not important as they already have enough reason to ban you since you cannot play that game without hacking. Nintendo doesn't ban people for piracy; they ban people for hacking their console. It just so happens that piracy is usually the reason most people get banned as it is easier to detect than homebrew.

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Well I kinda think that right now the problem is either having the ticket installed or having telemetry on and playing a game that you wouldn't be able to get if not buying it via eshop.
All of this excluding online play with the game that of course is something you shouldn't do.

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yes thats the one
It works. I'll upload pictures in a moment so you can check sizes. I had to renamed it, it seems japanese characters make the converter crash.

Here are the pictures:
senran.PNG

2018090923492100-915442A472E08C8A5D7BDDF068528903.jpg 2018090923493300-DB1426D1DFD034027CECDE9C2DD914B8.jpg 2018090923502400-915442A472E08C8A5D7BDDF068528903.jpg 2018090923502600-915442A472E08C8A5D7BDDF068528903.jpg 2018090923505800-915442A472E08C8A5D7BDDF068528903.jpg 2018090923510900-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.jpg 2018090923512200-782E6464DEAB1C1935FD65F20DE423DF.jpg 2018090923512600-782E6464DEAB1C1935FD65F20DE423DF.jpg

Last edited by JRoad,

SwitchMods

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@JRoad just a quick question: now that SX OS have enough sig patches to bypass NCA rsa, and we have both hacbuild (by Fraga) and ncabuilder (by simonmkwii), is theorically possible to rebuild a full XCI with modded contens (customized/patched contents inside NCAs) without using layeredFS?

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@JRoad just a quick question: now that SX OS have enough sig patches to bypass NCA rsa, and we have both hacbuild (by Fraga) and ncabuilder (by simonmkwii), is theorically possible to rebuild a full XCI with modded contens (customized/patched contents inside NCAs) without using layeredFS?
Yes, but not with ncabuilder. You'll need pySDK for that and Nintendo SDK. I believe ncabuilder 0.2 will be able to do that but not right now.
There's also another app that will work but has the SDK embedded so I believe gbatemp it's not the place to discuss it, pySDK requires for you to already have the SDK and patch dlls so it's legal to talk about it. In fact it has a thread here in gbatemp:
Just so you know custom-nsp and it's conversion to xci will only work in SX OS if you take an xci as base to mix the update/dlcs or add mods. It's related with the ACID signature in the main.npdm (offset 80 to 270). Eshop games have a different calculation for it and homebrew nsp has it at 00. SX OS doesn't bypass this check so it'll only work if it's sign as xci or with the real SDK (for example it works if you publish an app with Unity, then decrypt the nca files and finally use pySDK to sign it)
Custo nsp from other origin will work on ReiNX, heakate... with correct sigpatches.

SwitchMods

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for your reply @JRoad !

Yes, but not with ncabuilder. You'll need pySDK for that and Nintendo SDK. I believe ncabuilder 0.2 will be able to do that but not right now.

Okay, then I'll just wait for ncabuilder 0.2 then!

Just so you know custom-nsp and it's conversion to xci will only work in SX OS if you take an xci as base to mix the update/dlcs or add mods. It's related with the ACID signature in the main.npdm (offset 80 to 270). Eshop games have a different calculation for it and homebrew nsp has it at 00. SX OS doesn't bypass this check so it'll only work if it's sign as xci or with the real SDK

Can you please elaborate? I'm really interested in this. I don't want to convert a nsp to xci, but just to mod the contents of an xci. What do you exactly mean by "SX OS doesn't bypass this check so it'll only work if it's sign as xci or with the real SDK "?

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thanks for your reply @JRoad !

Okay, then I'll just wait for ncabuilder 0.2 then!

Can you please elaborate? I'm really interested in this. I don't want to convert a nsp to xci, but just to mod the contents of an xci. What do you exactly mean by "SX OS doesn't bypass this check so it'll only work if it's sign as xci or with the real SDK "?
Well I tried custo-nsp in SX OS and they only work with xci as base and the only file different between cartridge and eshop counterpart is in the main.npdm. Exactly in the offset 80 to 270 from the main.npdm:

Here you have the main.npdm from dead cells, one is eshop and one cartridge. And in this file only offset 80 to 270 is different. The xci will work as custo-nsp while the nsp will give error while running. For homebrew the current template has that offset at 00, basically ReiNX seems to skip that signature while TX method I suppose works in a different way. Basically ReiNX and other CFW seem to be skipping the check for that signature while SX OS seems to do something different.

Also as I was telling you it will work with an xci as base for SX OS (or with any base on ReiNX). But yeah you can mix game+update+mods, make a custo-nsp convert it to xci and it'll work in SX OS. PM me and i'll help you since it is also a topyc of interest to me.
It will also work as nsp in SX OS if the base was an xci BTW.

Offset i'm talking about nsp at left xci at right. (Game is Dead Cells):

deadcells main.PNG

Here with both files converted as desc (in the right xci and left nsp) you can see how signatures are different:

desc dead cells.PNG

And here that offset for the template for custo-nsp homebrew apps it's floating around:

homebrew template.PNG

Last edited by JRoad,
Reactions: SwitchMods

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Well may as well post this since I won't do a new thread till I integrate it with current builder:
Automator for nut by Blawar to make nsp's without titerights encryption and tickets. If you use this kind of nspfiles with the builder you'll get xci files that doesn't require ticket installations aka [lc].nsp
https://github.com/julesontheroad/NUT_BATCH_CLEANER

As allways an automator of a process you can achive manually with NUT from blawar:
https://github.com/blawar/nut

NOTE: Like in other ocasions you need to fill keys.txt in ztools.

New version tomorrow with repacking xci functionality and more. Have to include a few things before putting it up in the open.

Attachments

• NUT.BATCH.CLEANER.0.1.nk.zip
    985.2 KB · Views: 170
Last edited by JRoad,

vebririon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hello there !

is there any utility to convert exefs and romfs folder back to nca to conver them back to xcio or nsp then ?

i'm trying to mod binding of isaac without any sucess atm :'(

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
hello there !

is there any utility to convert exefs and romfs folder back to nca to conver them back to xcio or nsp then ?

i'm trying to mod binding of isaac without any sucess atm :'(
Yeah, kinda but uses the Nintendo SDK so you can't really share it in public forums. Also Simon's ncabuilder does that without Nintendo's SDK but current version is not in a usable state. https://gbatemp.net/threads/ncabuilder-build-working-installable-switch-ncas-legally.514313/

soaresden

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well may as well post this since I won't do a new thread till I integrate it with current builder:
Automator for nut by Blawar to make nsp's without titerights encryption and tickets. If you use this kind of nspfiles with the builder you'll get xci files that doesn't require ticket installations aka [lc].nsp
https://github.com/julesontheroad/NUT_BATCH_CLEANER

As allways an automator of a process you can achive manually with NUT from blawar:
https://github.com/blawar/nut

NOTE: Like in other ocasions you need to fill keys.txt in ztools.

New version tomorrow with repacking xci functionality and more. Have to include a few things before putting it up in the open.
Awesome Work !

If I read right, this tool allow to convert CDNSP NSP to clean XCI ? (without installing the generated nsp)
If Yes, how can I convert my 27 nsp's+Xci Made to this new format without the generated NSP ?
I don't have the nsp anymore and 4XCI tool is not working to do XCI --> NSP again

Thanks !

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Awesome Work !

If I read right, this tool allow to convert CDNSP NSP to clean XCI ? (without installing the generated nsp)
If Yes, how can I convert my 27 nsp's+Xci Made to this new format without the generated NSP ?
I don't have the nsp anymore and 4XCI tool is not working to do XCI --> NSP again

Thanks !
I plan to add a reverse mode, it's easy with nspbuild if you still have the [lc].nsp but reverse may not be ready for today. Probably it'll be up and running in the weekend with more changes I plan to do.

soaresden

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I plan to add a reverse mode, it's easy with nspbuild if you still have the [lc].nsp but reverse may not be ready for today. Probably it'll be up and running in the weekend with more changes I plan to do.
Yes, I have every NSP licence generated in nsp and the xci.
What I don't have anymore is the original CDNSP NSP

After that, it will be the best way to have corruption-exfat-free way :) Be Proud !

vebririon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah, kinda but uses the Nintendo SDK so you can't really share it in public forums. Also Simon's ncabuilder does that without Nintendo's SDK but current version is not in a usable state. https://gbatemp.net/threads/ncabuilder-build-working-installable-switch-ncas-legally.514313/

thanks a lot !

sorry for posting my question here, but i have a problem with an other tool, seems like i'm not typing something correctly, you are my last hope :(

you also posted it here : https://gbatemp.net/threads/nspbuild-build-nsp-files.509816/page-7#post-8256209

i've created my nca with modified files in ressource folder, now i have my 4 nca files (3 original +1 modified), 1 cert, 1 tik and 1 xml files (both 3 original), but i cant rebuild my nsp with nspBuild.exe or py, still getting the message "usage is c:\test\nspBuild.py output file1 file2 ..."

here is the command i am typing :

nspbuild.py isaac.nsp b5b4147317a59778ba741838b3ba69c7.cnmt.nca 168ffbd2d817c6e9f65c00fd6c5cc51d.nca b100a3a37d53d1f2b923f9aacfc42f69.nca 6002064d38c34d2c05e8ca9f89c4882a.nca b5b4147317a59778ba741838b3ba69c7.cnmt.xml 01005b90023120000000000000000000.cert 01005b90023120000000000000000000.tik

i have already tried to remove the .cnmt part on both files who had it attached (on file and on command, s) still same result :(

here is my folder structure actually :

6d25d873c3.png

I hope you can help me with this, i have to admit i am lost now, i've learn so many thing in some days, i am trying to mod some file to add item desription on the binding of isaac

best regards

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I don't use the one from gbatemp I do use the one from github:
https://github.com/CVFireDragon/nspBuild/releases

The one from github uses nspbuild.py "output.nsp" "file1route" "file2route" "file3route"... it would repack basically anything as an nsp.
I'm not at home but I can give you a bat that will repack what you feed him in a folder as an .nsp
I'll send it to you in a few hours.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1