JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
when using this its not outputting game"[lc].nsp. Im only getting the xci.
There could be a couple of reasons:
1.- Python not installed (if installed try with Python 3.7, I'm sure that one works). Nspbuild is a python app so it'll need it to work
2.- The nsp doesn't have ticket. It should only happen if it's a custom nsp, unless I made a mistake there.
Without Python I believe the xci part works allright but the [lc].nsp it's not generated.

Mikep90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There could be a couple of reasons:
1.- Python not installed (if installed try with Python 3.7, I'm sure that one works). Nspbuild is a python app so it'll need it to work
2.- The nsp doesn't have ticket. It should only happen if it's a custom nsp, unless I made a mistake there.
Without Python I believe the xci part works allright but the [lc].nsp it's not generated.

I have all that install. Cdnsp works for me no problems. It created that file for me on v6.5.1 but it won't create it on the most recent version for me

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have all that install. Cdnsp works for me no problems. It created that file for me on v6.5.1 but it won't create it on the most recent version for me
Try replacing ztools for the old one. I changed hactool build as someone said to me it was giving him issues with his computer. Also between 6.5.1 the only change is a line to prevent [lc].nsp creation in the case the nsp has no ticket (custom nsp) as it isn't necessary in that case and was giving a blank nsp.
You have 6.51 here https://github.com/julesontheroad/XCI_Builder/releases/tag/v0.6.5.1
And 6.52 rev1 here https://github.com/julesontheroad/XCI_Builder/releases/tag/v0.6.5.2
Try with them if you want 6.5.1 should be fully functional with the exception of making empty [lc].nsp in custom-nsp cases, which is no issue as you don't need them for them (to prevent it's generation was more of an aesthetic thing).
Bigjokker had also an issue with nsp generation but he solved it reinstalling python 3.7 if you can try to do that.
Also you'll have a new one tomorrow with the batch processing, i don't know if it'll solve your issue though, if it's still persisting I'll give you my discord so we can try some things to identify and fix the issue. Regardless those [lc].nsp are equivalent to the [tf].nsp or tinfoil nsp from CDNSP Bob, you can use them in the meantime, they'll serve the same purpose. I only changed it's name because recent versions of tinfoil with signature verification won't install them. At least in my case in SX OS.

Mikep90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try replacing ztools for the old one. I changed hactool build as someone said to me it was giving him issues with his computer. Also between 6.5.1 the only change is a line to prevent [lc].nsp creation in the case the nsp has no ticket (custom nsp) as it isn't necessary in that case and was giving a blank nsp.
You have 6.51 here https://github.com/julesontheroad/XCI_Builder/releases/tag/v0.6.5.1
And 6.52 rev1 here https://github.com/julesontheroad/XCI_Builder/releases/tag/v0.6.5.2
Try with them if you want 6.5.1 should be fully functional with the exception of making empty [lc].nsp in custom-nsp cases, which is no issue as you don't need them for them (to prevent it's generation was more of an aesthetic thing).
Bigjokker had also an issue with nsp generation but he solved it reinstalling python 3.7 if you can try to do that.
Also you'll have a new one tomorrow with the batch processing, i don't know if it'll solve your issue though, if it's still persisting I'll give you my discord so we can try some things to identify and fix the issue. Regardless those [lc].nsp are equivalent to the [tf].nsp or tinfoil nsp from CDNSP Bob, you can use them in the meantime, they'll serve the same purpose. I only changed it's name because recent versions of tinfoil with signature verification won't install them. At least in my case in SX OS.
it doesnt work because of the XCI_Builder_v0.6.5.2.bat file but if i use v0.6.5.1 bat file with the file system from v0.6.5.2 it makes that file. Maybe check the bat file for that version.

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Added the batch processing solution it works with NX-Trimmer and XCI_Builder. It'll edit changes later for now see the git https://github.com/julesontheroad/-XCI-Batch-Builder-
It's a pre-configured solution including NX-Trimmer and XCI_Builder.
It's in git and first post. In git check releases for full solution (you'll need new versions for trimmer and builder).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

it doesnt work because of the XCI_Builder_v0.6.5.2.bat file but if i use v0.6.5.1 bat file with the file system from v0.6.5.2 it makes that file. Maybe check the bat file for that version.
Well, it works for me. Only one line was added to prevent nsp generation if .tik is not present. For me to help you I'll need at least to know which file it's giving you trouble as I can't pinpoint something I don't see.
In eiter case try new version at first post.

chronoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Thanks for this beautifull converter but, with what homebrew to launch the .xci file because, after i installed a mini nsp (lc.nsp), i have nothing on the menu and try to launch the .xci with Rommenu homebrew, the game freeze :(

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thanks for this beautifull converter but, with what homebrew to launch the .xci file because, after i installed a mini nsp (lc.nsp), i have nothing on the menu and try to launch the .xci with Rommenu homebrew, the game freeze :(
Sorry for now xci files only work in SX OS.
Hopefully someone will give support for them in the open OS's.
Rommenu has that tab only because it's based in SX OS menu if i'm not mistaken.

Reactions: chronoss

soaresden

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi !

Just a quick question:

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I think this solution (NSP->XCI) is safer for corrupting the SD in exfat than NSP is.
The real big deal is for big games like Revelations 2 -(32Go NSP) that makes thousand years to install.
So I decided to convert it and got these 3 files

upload_2018-9-7_7-34-57.png

Got it that the nsp need to be installed
The xci is the file (19 Go ?)

but what is the root hfs0 file ? it is quite big and i'm wondering if I actually need it or something ?

Thanks !

Mikep90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Added the batch processing solution it works with NX-Trimmer and XCI_Builder. It'll edit changes later for now see the git https://github.com/julesontheroad/-XCI-Batch-Builder-
It's a pre-configured solution including NX-Trimmer and XCI_Builder.
It's in git and first post. In git check releases for full solution (you'll need new versions for trimmer and builder).

Well, it works for me. Only one line was added to prevent nsp generation if .tik is not present. For me to help you I'll need at least to know which file it's giving you trouble as I can't pinpoint something I don't see.
In eiter case try new version at first post.
Even with the newest update its still not making the [lc].nsp. It only works on XCI_Builder_v0.6.5.1. Im trying to use a small one 36 Fragments of Midnight [01003670066de000][v0]. what else could it be. I even try a different nsp and still the same results

Last edited by Mikep90,

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The worst thing you can do when you're not banned.
Installing Fake Tickets WILL get you banned for sure.
Yes, I agree. I've been telling everybody that this is as unsafe (as of now) as installing an nsp, that without erasing the need for a ticket you'll be assuming the same risk. Right now is meant only for convenience, specially with xci games.
Also if you bought the game from the eshop you have another way to do a backup since the [lc].nsp it's only needed if you don't already have the ticket installed.

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, I agree. I've been telling everybody that this is as unsafe (as of now) as installing an nsp, that without erasing the need for a ticket you'll be assuming the same risk. Right now is meant only for convenience, specially with xci games.
Also if you bought the game from the eshop you have another way to do a backup since the [lc].nsp it's only needed if you don't already have the ticket installed.
That's why I rebuild NSPs with reencrypted NCAs (Standard Crypto) when I want to install NSPs (non public method).
I would NEVER install any fake tickets on my switch.

Reactions: JRoad

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi !

Just a quick question:

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I think this solution (NSP->XCI) is safer for corrupting the SD in exfat than NSP is.
The real big deal is for big games like Revelations 2 -(32Go NSP) that makes thousand years to install.

View attachment 142484

but what is the root hfs0 file ? it is quite big and i'm wondering if I actually need it or something ?

Thanks !
If didn't finsih converting, it probably crashed do to lack space. Final file size would be the same of the nsp. RE Revelations 2 it's a big game, you need at some point of the conversion double the space so it can crash. Don't know if it moved all files to folder regardeless, if so I can add a check.
the root.hfs0 should be erased by hacbuild at the end of the process.

That's why I rebuild NSPs with reencrypted NCAs (Standard Crypto) when I want to install NSPs (non public method).
I would NEVER install any fake tickets on my switch.
Yeah, I now it's a great idea but the need for the SDK makes it not at the reach for everyone and it's a little troblesome to do all things needed with the process.

Even with the newest update its still not making the [lc].nsp. It only works on XCI_Builder_v0.6.5.1. Im trying to use a small one 36 Fragments of Midnight [01003670066de000][v0]. what else could it be. I even try a different nsp and still the same results
We can try erasing the line I made to prevent the generation of nsp files when a ticket it's not present. I works for me and you're the only one that informed me of that issue but you can try that. I'll erase the line and pass you the .bat via PM, so people don't confuse it with the current version.

Reactions: xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Mikep90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If didn't finsih converting, it probably crashed do to lack space. Final file size would be the same of the nsp. RE Revelations 2 it's a big game, you need at some point of the conversion double the space so it can crash. Don't know if it moved all files to folder regardeless, if so I can add a check.
the root.hfs0 should be erased by hacbuild at the end of the process.

Yeah, I now it's a great idea but the need for the SDK makes it not at the reach for everyone and it's a little troblesome to do all things needed with the process.

We can try erasing the line I made to prevent the generation of nsp files when a ticket it's not present. I works for me and you're the only one that informed me of that issue but you can try that. I'll erase the line and pass you the .bat via PM, so people don't confuse it with the current version.
ok

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi !

Just a quick question:

View attachment 142484

Thanks !
By the way just to make give you a clearer explanation the xci should be your "root.hfso" file + the xci header so if process ends correctly your xci should be more or less the same as the size of that hfs0 which will be erased by hacbuild afterwards.
You kinda can rebuild it manually even with hacbuild using the hfs0, if you don't want to erased it. If you're interested in this PM when you can.

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
is it possible to pack the update file together?
In the normal way not as of now, it is an issue in hacbuild that prevents having more than 4 files in secure partition. If you do that the final file makes SX OS either freeze or giving you a cartridge error.
You can with custom-nsp files but as of now they will only woork in SX OS if the base was also an xci file. If the base it's an eshop game a custom-nspwon't work with SX OS as of now.

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Ok, so for big games conversion hacbuild doesn't seem to be the most stable program. I'm getting instances i which it completes the process flawlesly and instances in which it stops while building from root.hfs0 (only really big games like RE Revelations 2). I'm gonna change the batch from auto-xci building to manual xci building by steps. It should fix this issue, i'll probably updload it next week to make some proper testing.
Also if you have a root.hfs0 in your final folder the xci file is probably not completed so erase the xci file. I'm gonna make another batch to help you build those root.hfs0 in an xci so you don't have to repeat the process from the start. I'll probably upload it on sunday as i'll be kinda bussy all day tomorrow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay history is serious