Problems with installing USB-C or SD

FantasyYeri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SOLVED: stupid system reset Window 11 removed the necessary files so I downloaded Zadig and installed necessary files. Now everything works.
This never happened to me when I was using Window 10 + system reset it.

As title stated, I'm having a problem installing any games by using the USB-C method and install thru SD card using Awoo/Goldleaf.

Yesterday when I finally had energy to go play ToTK, there was a needed system update. Stupid as I am, I hit yes without giving a second thought, forcing my Switch need to "reload" back to Stock and I have to "redownload" it again. I delete and tried reinstall it but nope-crash. Nope, failure. Nope, corrupted. Been two days (including today) searching nonstop, at least mostly why ANY of my USB-Cs are not being detected by my Switch but I can see my Switch being charged. Not sure is it the cursed Windows 11 that is doing this.

Awoo would say that there's an "NCA signature issue", most times it would say it's a failure, other time it would able to download before it crashes, forcing me to restart the console. No USB-C detection as well. Same with Goldleaf with the USB-C but it freezes when trying to install via SD card.

Before the Tears of the Kingdom game was released and the .nsp/.xci was available to download, I did have issues with Awoo detecting my USB-C. I then started using (one time sadly) the Awoo's Net, which it worked the first time before this happened. Now it won't work. It keeps saying there's an error. I don't have a way to install games at the moment. I won't able to play ToTK until I get my physical copy, which will be a week from now from just playing as that. God damn Tiktok made me miss out the fun the game is giving!! 😭

And yes, any other .nsp or .xci games would also crash.

During the time I've tried installing the game via SD or the NET, my Firewall was off. Any suggestions would be plenty.

I've read through a few Reddit posts regarding about "Read-Only" and to disable it both on the SD card and in Hekate Options. Disbaled.. no changes. ;w;
I've gone back older versions of Awoo/Goldleaf but it doesn't work. They're forced to update along the way. I updated sigpatches through Awoo and I reset it 100% for it to be "applied".
I've formatted my SD card about three times, redoing my steps installing everything up to date. (Sigpatches, Hekate + Nyx, Atmosphere pre-patch (1.5.4), Awoo (1.3.5), Goldleaf (0.10.1), and the latest 16.0.3 (16.0.3).)

Thank you, please be nice to me while I slowly eat my food looking for more answers... ;w;

Edit: Last time I installed a game through Awoo USB was probably good 2-3 months ago as I've been busy focusing other things, such as playing FFXIV doing their stupid new ultimate, and you know, not playing my Switch.

Last edited by FantasyYeri,
Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Try using DBI. If it STILL fails, use Tinfoil. Certain NSPs might only install properly with tinfoil, though so far the only one like that that I've ever come across is the Pizza Tower homebrew port.
Post automatically merged:

Awoo is outdated (and made by a transphobe) and Goldleaf is better for general management of things/file browsing, so usually I use DBI. That and DBI rarely ever fails me (unless an NSP is bad, or there's a lack of space. or if it's Pizza Tower...)

Reactions: FantasyYeri

FantasyYeri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try using DBI. If it STILL fails, use Tinfoil. Certain NSPs might only install properly with tinfoil, though so far the only one like that that I've ever come across is the Pizza Tower homebrew port.

Awoo is outdated (and made by a transphobe) and Goldleaf is better for general management of things/file browsing, so usually I use DBI. That and DBI rarely ever fails me (unless an NSP is bad, or there's a lack of space. or if it's Pizza Tower...)

Hello! Thank you for the recommendation. I saw this was suggested but I wanted to take chances on resolving my issues first. And it does appear the USB-C detection still persist. I do not see the option of the USB-C.

I just took time right now to try have the USB-C detect on my other PC and it's also not being detected..... is my Switch screwed?

Ahh, it's so frustrating. I don't know how to eliminate this. I think I just read Reddit that I need to.. download Zadig? Will that help?

I just realized it's my first time system factory my now-crappy-ass-Window 11 for the first time. When I had my Window 10 settings, I didn't have any complications installing games.

Okay, I hate Window 11 even more. I think since it's installed, all the settings left from Window 10 were left as is, making the program work. I then later factory Reset my PC Window 11 the first time like a month ago and the necessary drivers were missing. As suggested in a Reddit page, I downloaded Zadig and it works now.

Thank you Jeffy for still suggesting DBI. It looks more comfier and I won't continue using Awoo.

I'll leave this post open for those who are probably going through the same BS with Window 11.

Last edited by FantasyYeri,
Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Hello! Thank you for the recommendation. I saw this was suggested but I wanted to take chances on resolving my issues first. And it does appear the USB-C detection still persist. I do not see the option of the USB-C.

I just took time right now to try have the USB-C detect on my other PC and it's also not being detected..... is my Switch screwed?

Ahh, it's so frustrating. I don't know how to eliminate this. I think I just read Reddit that I need to.. download Zadig? Will that help?

I just realized it's my first time system factory my now-crappy-ass-Window 11 for the first time. When I had my Window 10 settings, I didn't have any complications installing games.

Okay, I hate Window 11 even more. I think since it's installed, all the settings left from Window 10 were left as is, making the program work. I then later factory Reset my PC Window 11 the first time like a month ago and the necessary drivers were missing. As suggested in a Reddit page, I downloaded Zadig and it works now.

Thank you Jeffy for still suggesting DBI. It looks more comfier and I won't continue using Awoo.

I'll leave this post open for those who are probably going through the same BS with Window 11.
DBI is easy. Just open DBI, then go to the "MTP responder" option, which you can also activate with the X button. Then, plug your switch into your PC. It'll appear like a portable device with multiple "drives". Two of them are for installing games, one for NAND (or emummc if you're using an emummc) and one for installing to the SD card. It's as simple as dragging and dropping the NSPs/XCIs you have.

Reactions: FantasyYeri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, would you recommend playing n64 games on a ps3 through retroarch?