TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Let's say I go buy a hammer. I take it home, the company that made it can fuck off. I have my hammer, I can do whatever. If I use it in a way they do not like, fuck them, I'm going to use it in that way all I want.
I totally just read this part in my head in Chris Hemsworth's voice.

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
I've seen this sort of attitude all over the internet and it depresses the hell out of me. People are so hellbent on mindlessly pissing on the Xbox One that if you say anything that goes against the grain (Sony's conference was far from perfect, the Xbox One is not Hitler, literally or figuratively, etc.) than you must obviously be an Xbox fanboy.

This isn't a conversation. It's a sticky, gross circlejerk.

You don't know my attitude, just the letters you see..
I wanted to start a conversation and see why is he saying that. Is it because he like XBOX or he REALLY has a point.
because I also have a point. ^_^

So..don't judge people by what they are saying because all you see are letters, and all you have is experience and thought that whenever you see someone make this kind of question you assume he has a attitude that you THINK he has. :)

I meant no harm Ultimately.
Let's say I go buy a hammer. I take it home, the company that made it can fuck off. I have my hammer, I can do whatever. If I use it in a way they do not like, fuck them, I'm going to use it in that way all I want.
  • On the other hand let's say I rent a hammer. I take it home, and I'm bound by the agreement with the company as long as I am renting the hammer, because I am in a service agreement with them. If I do something they don't like, they can revoke my right to use the hammer.
Obviously buying the hammer is better for me, the consumer, than renting one, therefore I would like to preserve that ability.

Hahah omg I love your analogies! :lol:
Yeah, with consoles, you just need to pull your TV off of the wall, update it, and buy all of these fancy accessories just to play a game. So much simpler.

Which is exactly what you do with the computer. Since so many PC games have moved to Steam/online login authentication, no CD required! Xbox/other consoles, however, still require the disk unless it's a GoD game.

Would you like to rebut? :P
I don't agree.
I think he is right. The first thing i wanted as a kid and now is a console because computers can be complicated,
and not just in a technical way.
With a console, You just connect it to a TV put the disc and play, that's it.
I don't know how many times I said this but.. I miss simple times :P

• On the other hand let's say I rent a hammer. I take it home, and I'm bound by the agreement with the company as long as I am renting the hammer, because I am in a service agreement with them. If I do something they don't like, they can revoke my right to use the hammer.
Obviously buying the hammer is better for me, the consumer, than renting one, therefore I would like to preserve that ability.

Hahah omg I love your analogies! :lol:
Yeah, with consoles, you just need to pull your TV off of the wall, update it, and buy all of these fancy accessories just to play a game. So much simpler.

SicklyBoy:
Which is exactly what you do with the computer. Since so many PC games have moved to Steam/online login authentication, no CD required! Xbox/other consoles, however, still require the disk unless it's a GoD game.

Would you like to rebut? :P
I don't agree.
I think he is right. The first thing i wanted as a kid and now is a console because computers can be complicated,
and not just in a technical way.

With a console, You just connect it to a TV put the disc and play, that's it.
i dont know how manny times i said this but.. I miss simple times :P

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will never see it haha :rofl:
To expensive for me to just do what i do on Wii, 3DS, PS3 etc... :glare:

Ah, I realllllly don't like internet thing and the big brother thing :O

Glad I have a Wii U instead. I can actually play games even if my internet goes down (which happens a lot since my ISP is pretty crappy, as is the network). Heheheheheh :evil:

I find it a good way to tell Big Brother to screw off :rofl2:

Reactions: Metoroid0

eyecat14

GBATemp's Lovely Jizzing Mordecai™
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Enjoying your Windows computer then?
mystery.gif

Deferet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand why Microsoft needs to put so many rules on their new console. I kinda feel like I'm not going to be buying a console but more like renting it, and just paying it all upfront. It's not really mine since I can't really do anything without Microsoft's ok. And then there's the comment on "We have a product for people who can't access the Internet, It's called Xbox 360." Well, got my Wiiu and will buy a PS4, but I will not buy an Xbox1 until I can fully hack it and spit in Microsoft's eye

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
I don't understand why Microsoft needs to put so many rules on their new console. I kinda feel like I'm not going to be buying a console but more like renting it, and just paying it all upfront. It's not really mine since I can't really do anything without Microsoft's ok. And then there's the comment on "We have a product for people who can't access the Internet, It's called Xbox 360." Well, got my Wiiu and will buy a PS4, but I will not buy an Xbox1 until I can fully hack it and spit in Microsoft's eye

Really, I didn't know that.. the actually said that?? :wtf:

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I looked into it real quick, and yeah, PS4 only supports HD as well, so anybody with a CRT best be looking at getting a new TV or consider a Wii U as their next gen choice.

There are CRT's with HDMI ports. They're not super common (most have DVI if any digital inputs at all), but they exist. I have one.

Still sucks they (both) aren't supporting at least component. Too hard to lock down with DRM, I guess.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are CRT's with HDMI ports. They're not super common (most have DVI if any digital inputs at all), but they exist. I have one.

Still sucks they (both) aren't supporting at least component. Too hard to lock down with DRM, I guess.

My brother has a CRT with HDMI inputs, it's one of those 27" Sony Wega or whatever they're called.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1