Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i want a big camera facing down like that but idk how to do it
Get a level as an szs file and inject your StageData.byml inside it, then open the szs in the editor
Create a CameraArea in the CameraAreaInfo type and set it's CameraId to a number no other camera uses (if it's the only camera in the level 1 is ok), click on Generate camera code, set vertical angle to 90 and horizontal angle to 0 and click ok

if you get an error click Level files -> camera params.byml and delete everything from "<C0Name="CameraParams">" to the last "<\C0>" in the file, then click again on Generate camera code and click yes to generate a new CameraParam.

ILoveUnity

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get a level as an szs file and inject your StageData.byml inside it, then open the szs in the editor
Create a CameraArea in the CameraAreaInfo type and set it's CameraId to a number no other camera uses (if it's the only camera in the level 1 is ok), click on Generate camera code, set vertical angle to 90 and horizontal angle to 0 and click ok

if you get an error click Level files -> camera params.byml and delete everything from "<C0Name="CameraParams">" to the last "<\C0>" in the file, then click again on Generate camera code and click yes to generate a new CameraParam.
STILL DOESN'T WORK :(
Do i have to delete the camera that was aleady there?

ILoveUnity

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
make it bigger setting scale_x,scale_y,scale_z to 5 or the number you need, then keep ctrl pressed on the keyboard and drag the green line to the place you need, make sure mario is inside the box
set scales too 600 is that good? dont seea green line tho

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
set scales too 600 is that good? dont seea green line tho
10 should be enough, when you select a camera you should see something like this but green:
qTDJ6ud.png

ILoveUnity

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
7a8Pgc.jpg
hhehe mine was a LITTLE too big! hah

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@exelix11 STILL GET AN ERROR!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@exelix11 still get error after trying more what do i do man help

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
"An Error Has Occured"
Please hold down power button blah blah blah
Operatios manual for details
I can't help you about that, there are many things that could crash game, the most common are:
You imported a model too big for the game (even 900kb is too big), Your level szs is corrupt, You added in the level an object that requires to be set up with rails or children objects.
Make sure you are placing the level as an szs and not as a byml file

ILoveUnity

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't help you about that, there are many things that could crash game, the most common are:
You imported a model too big for the game (even 900kb is too big), Your level szs is corrupt, You added in the level an object that requires to be set up with rails or children objects.
Make sure you are placing the level as an szs and not as a byml file
the level worked fine before i tried editing the camera though

Cynderus

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
From an unmodified RomFs of the game it's the file SystemData\CreatorClassNameTable.szs

That's s dos limitation, looks like i forgot the quotes in the command args, use a path without spaces and special characters. If you don't want to move the file to another folder, manually drag your obj over CollisionsMng.

On the other pc the problem may be that you don't have .net framework 4.5.2 (or directx since it uses 3d rendering ?) installed, and if you have switchable graphics card, try running it with the high performance one.

What region is your game ? Did you copy everything and then patched the CCNT ? If you copied both stages files and then patched once it won't work, the second stage's patch file overwrote the one for the first stage

wrong magic number appears when the file you are loading isn't a byml (if you're opening a szs the byml inside it isn't a byml, probably it's corrupted), what file are you trying to open ? From File-> Open you must open stages, not models

My main PC (the one that doesn't work) has .NET Framework 4.5.2 with a 780ti graphics card.

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My main PC (the one that doesn't work) has .NET Framework 4.5.2 with a 780ti graphics card.
Try running the application with the gpu, if still doesn't work do what i said here:
To everyone who has the app crashing at startup without any message, with the power of google i discovered that's there is a way for me to check what's wrong: dump files.
If you add to the System register the reg file i put in the attachments every time the editor crashes a memory dump will be saved to C:\T4D_Dumps\ if you send that to me i can try to fix it.
Dumps are about 100mb, but with a good compressor (i use 7zip) you can reduce them to 25mb or so.
Even if you don't have the crash at startup, you should consider to add this key, so if the editor crashes for an unknown bug i can fix it quickly.
Dumps are generated by windows itself, don't contain any personal information, only some details about the computer, like timezone, architecture, the path of the editor and the list of modules loaded at runtime, if you use this, make sure the editor name is "The4Dimension.exe" or else it won't work.

To disable this you just need to remove the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps\The4Dimension.exe" key with regedit

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/5uh_m4VgTY4