ROM Hack [WIP] The Fourth Dimension: A Super Mario 3D land level editor

Skelux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Whenever I import an obj the visible model is for some reason dispositioned far away from where it should be, but the collision imports to the correct place. Any ideas?

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Whenever I import an obj the visible model is for some reason dispositioned far away from where it should be, but the collision imports to the correct place. Any ideas?
Did you use the obj to bcmdl converter ? What is your model editor ?
I think it has to do with the position of the model in your model editor, try to place it to axis origin, and then remake the model and the collisions

Skelux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using the converter you included in 0.4. I'm using Sketchup, but the same problem occurs if I import it into Blender first then export as obj from there. My model is right on the axis origin, and the collision is importing to where it should be. However, the visible model is flying off in the distance somewhere.

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm using the converter you included in 0.4. I'm using Sketchup, but the same problem occurs if I import it into Blender first then export as obj from there. My model is right on the axis origin, and the collision is importing to where it should be. However, the visible model is flying off in the distance somewhere.
Yes, that's known to happen with models made in sketchup, i have no idea on how to fix it, since the model importer code was not made by me, if you use sketchup your only way is to use the nw4c toolkit

Skelux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, that's known to happen with models made in sketchup, i have no idea on how to fix it, since the model importer code was not made by me, if you use sketchup your only way is to use the nw4c toolkit
Is the person who made it still working on it? If not, I might be able to fix it up, I made the current obj importer for Super Mario 64 with which users primarily import Sketchup-generated objs. It would also be great to see the alpha layer working.

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is the person who made it still working on it? If not, I might be able to fix it up, I made the current obj importer for Super Mario 64 with which users primarily import Sketchup-generated objs. It would also be great to see the alpha layer working.
idk, but the last commit on github is from 8 month ago, if you can fix it would be nice ! I guess the problem is the CGFXGenerator since the Kcls generated from sketchup objs work. Maybe @Gericom knows what the problem could be

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So, what exactly is the problem?
Objs made with sketchup when converted to cgfx(bcmdl), in the game are not in the same place as they were placed in the editor, like it's the axis origin different or something like that,while the collision, a variation of the kcl format, generated with the same obj is in the right place:
upload_2016-6-22_18-32-42.png

Gericom

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Objs made with sketchup when converted to cgfx(bcmdl), in the game are not in the same place as they were placed in the editor, like it's the axis origin different or something like that,while the collision, a variation of the kcl format, generated with the same obj is in the right place:
View attachment 53884
Hmm. That's definitly strange.

Skelux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
More oddities. It seems that even by exporting the sketchup model into blender or maya it still puts the axis origin in the wrong place. Even more baffling, it still does this when you export from sketchup to a different format such as dae, 3ds, wrl, and then convert it to an obj with either of these programs.

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Not to sound dumb, but what is a rail? What do they do and represent?
If you open a level from the game you will see that there are some white and red lines, those are rails, they are paths for objects, like moving platforms or zones where enemies can move, they are also used for shaping the ropes

More oddities. It seems that even by exporting the sketchup model into blender or maya it still puts the axis origin in the wrong place. Even more baffling, it still does this when you export from sketchup to a different format such as dae, 3ds, wrl, and then convert it to an obj with either of these programs.
That's why i'm guessing the problem is how sketchup makes or exports models

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...