ROM Hack [WIP] Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns - True Love Edition Patch

LucaP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ohh, i'm so glad i found this, i'm almost at the end of my first year and fell in love with Lisette, but didn't want to restart the game as a male character. But, are the events too different from the male counterpart? Also, thank you very much for putting this together!

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ohh, i'm so glad i found this, i'm almost at the end of my first year and fell in love with Lisette, but didn't want to restart the game as a male character. But, are the events too different from the male counterpart? Also, thank you very much for putting this together!
You're welcome, and thank you! Most of the events aren't too different aside from pronoun fixes and gendered animations. I tried to keep everything as close to the original as possible. If you look at the changelog for v3.0 you can see which events had major changes and which ones only had minor changes!

Borinho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Where is the root of SD? I paste all folders of the the patch file in the SD, I see the green flash, but nothing was changed in game.

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where is the root of SD? I paste all folders of the the patch file in the SD, I see the green flash, but nothing was changed in game.
You have the SoSToT folder in the right place, are you sure nothing changed in game? The same-gender marriage candidates didn't have flowers? Are you using a custom cia or using the Hamtaro patch? If you are using the Hamtaro patch, put the contents of the "Hamtaro Patch Constdata" into the SoSToT folder. Also the optional patches' (Alt Wedding Attire and Inari Gender Switch) folders' contents should be in there too.

Borinho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You have the SoSToT folder in the right place, are you sure nothing changed in game? The same-gender marriage candidates didn't have flowers? Are you using a custom cia or using the Hamtaro patch? If you are using the Hamtaro patch, put the contents of the "Hamtaro Patch Constdata" into the SoSToT folder. Also the optional patches' (Alt Wedding Attire and Inari Gender Switch) folders' contents should be in there too.

I use the CIA from freeshop only, I'm not using Hamtaro Patch.
I loaded my old game, and a I still playing with Girl. I started a new game with a boy And the flowers of Wayne do not appear, as if it were a boy.

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use the CIA from freeshop only, I'm not using Hamtaro Patch.
I loaded my old game, and a I still playing with Girl. I started a new game with a boy And the flowers of Wayne do not appear, as if it were a boy.
Hm, okay. I've had reports of the hack not loading on custom cias, but not vanilla cias. I personally use a bought digital copy and haven't had any problems.

It might be an issue with ntr? Are you using any plugin cheats for the game? Maybe the plugin files were named the same and you didn't overwrite them?

If you did or aren't using any cheats, then I'd try installing the hack with luma's layeredfs. I put instructions on how to do it in the OP. Let me know if you get it working or if you're still having problems.

Borinho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hm, okay. I've had reports of the hack not loading on custom cias, but not vanilla cias. I personally use a bought digital copy and haven't had any problems.

It might be an issue with ntr? Are you using any plugin cheats for the game? Maybe the plugin files were named the same and you didn't overwrite them?

If you did or aren't using any cheats, then I'd try installing the hack with luma's layeredfs. I put instructions on how to do it in the OP. Let me know if you get it working or if you're still having problems.

I'm using the NTR Selector, in version 3.6.

The plugins folder was empty, I just pasted what was in the file there, the folder looks like this:

upload image

Borinho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, did you try installing the hack with luma's layeredfs?
I tried it now, I think I did all the procedures except one, which in the case, would be the second:

Which of these is Enable Game Patching? I'm afraid to do something wrong and bug the 3DS.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried it now, I think I did all the procedures except one, which in the case, would be the second:

Which of these is Enable Game Patching? I'm afraid to do something wrong and bug the 3DS.
You need to enable "Enable region/language emu. and ext. .code". Enable game patching is for Luma 7.0+ people. It does the same thing, it was just renamed. And if you have a9lh and no emuNAND, you need to enable "Autoboot SysNAND". If you use emuNAND, don't enable it.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

Borinho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You need to enable "Enable region/language emu. and ext. .code". Enable game patching is for Luma 7.0+ people. It does the same thing, it was just renamed. And if you have a9lh and no emuNAND, you need to enable "Autoboot SysNAND". If you use emuNAND, don't enable it.
For a moment I thought that my Luma had been updated, but now that I went to see, I am not able to do this, a message appears saying that it has been updated to version 8.1.1, but at the time of opening is still the version of the pic.
But anyway, I did these procedures too, and it continues the same way. :sad:

ValiantChan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Enable region/language emu does exactly what it says, it emulates a region/language so that out of region DLC will work. Layeredfs was only added in 7.0, so an update is needed if they want to use Luma to patch it.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Enable region/language emu does exactly what it says, it emulates a region/language so that out of region DLC will work. Layeredfs was only added in 7.0, so an update is needed if they want to use Luma to patch it.
That's true, I had forgotten that. That's my bad then. I apologize it.
For a moment I thought that my Luma had been updated, but now that I went to see, I am not able to do this, a message appears saying that it has been updated to version 8.1.1, but at the time of opening is still the version of the pic.
But anyway, I did these procedures too, and it continues the same way. :sad:
Read what ValiantChan said above. I had forgotten that Luma's layeredfs wasn't added until v7.0.5. Download Luma v7.0.5, enable "Enable game patching" in your settings, then try again.

Borinho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
After many complications I did all updates in my 3DS, I did all the procedures to apply the patch, but still, nothing happens in game. I took some prints to see if I'm doing something wrong.

And a picture of luma. (I enabled and disabled the first option and nothing happened too)

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After many complications I did all updates in my 3DS, I did all the procedures to apply the patch, but still, nothing happens in game. I took some prints to see if I'm doing something wrong.
The contents of SoSToT need to be in the romfs folder. So move everything inside the SoSToT folder to romfs.

Borinho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The contents of SoSToT need to be in the romfs folder. So move everything inside the SoSToT folder to romfs.
Now it worked, thank you very much for your patience, I'll try to help you out!

But one question, MC and Woofio are included to be marriage in these patches?

mythwisp

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I love this patch but i seem to be having a constant crash, Its with lisette and its the Starlight Gala, without fail after megan stops speaking itll hang with a black screen at top, ive tried starting it at different times within the time limit, but it just crashes everytime. im using reversed inari and hamtaro patch.

Edit: also wanted to add im using the luma patching not NTR

Last edited by mythwisp,

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love this patch but i seem to be having a constant crash, Its with lisette and its the Starlight Gala, without fail after megan stops speaking itll hang with a black screen at top, ive tried starting it at different times within the time limit, but it just crashes everytime. im using reversed inari and hamtaro patch.

Edit: also wanted to add im using the luma patching not NTR
Extract this file to the romfs folder and let me know if the event works properly with it.

Attachments

• Festival_A_Friendship.zip
    6.9 KB · Views: 99

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-