ROM Hack [WIP] Puyo Puyo Tetris - English Translation for 3DS

dotarice

Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
@ongo_gablogian

this has been a game i played before and i thought puyo nexus would be the one translating it. thank you so much for this!

has there been a way to include expert difficulty (and changing yourself to cpu) on free battle like how the 20th anniversary does it? if not then i would like to request this feature.

linkinboss

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
This is a great proyect. I love puyo puyo, and really hope this get a full translation :) I wish I could help but I know next to none japanese

SRKTiberious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, considering the fact that this game is getting an official translation, but only for PS4 and Switch, what are the plans for this project? Would it be possible to insert the English voice dialogue and updating the localization to match?

ongo_gablogian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, considering the fact that this game is getting an official translation, but only for PS4 and Switch, what are the plans for this project? Would it be possible to insert the English voice dialogue and updating the localization to match?

Yep, since it's not being localized for the 3DS I will continue to work on this project. I don't believe inserting the English dialog will be possible, but I will start using the official localizations as a reference (once they're released) since I don't speak Japanese.

Hi i dont know how to make the banner fix and apply the patch u,u
Could you upload the game ready to "that iso site" pls

Sorry I'm not going to upload the game anywhere, but it's not too hard to build your own CIA.
- Just dump your copy of the game and extract the files using Asia81's HackingToolkit3DS.
- Then merge the files from the "PuyoPuyoTetris" folder on GitHub with the "ExtractedRomFS" folder.
- Download the banner.bin from GitHub and place it in the "ExtractedExeFS" folder, overwriting the original.
- Then just rebuild and install.

This translation is also compatible with HANS and LayeredFS if you want to go that route.

ajfoucault

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IF there is any help needed. Just let me know. I can contribute. This should get finished for sure. Best puzzle game in the 3DS by far.

SlimPortable

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I'm trying to apply the current translation patch with OnionFS but I can't seem to get it working. I got the layeredfs.plg from the github and the OnionFS.plg. I placed the OnionFS.plg in SD:/Plugin/<TitleID> and made sure I had the right TitleID for my version of the game, 1.0. then I made the OnionFS folder at the root and made the TitleID folder within that where I put the layeredfs.plg of the translation. It doesn't show up though after a few tries and messing around with my SD card paths.

The screen even flashes green when booting like it's supposed to if the patch is applied but the text stays Japanese. On O3DS. Is there something I missed or did wrong?

Last edited by SlimPortable,

ongo_gablogian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I'm trying to apply the current translation patch with OnionFS but I can't seem to get it working. I got the layeredfs.plg from the github and the OnionFS.plg. I placed the OnionFS.plg in SD:/Plugin/<TitleID> and made sure I had the right TitleID for my version of the game, 1.0. then I made the OnionFS folder at the root and made the TitleID folder within that where I put the layeredfs.plg of the translation. It doesn't show up though after a few tries and messing around with my SD card paths.

The screen even flashes green when booting like it's supposed to if the patch is applied but the text stays Japanese. On O3DS. Is there something I missed or did wrong?

OnionFS requires the romfs files to be placed at "SD:/OnionFS/<titleID>/romfs/".

EDIT: Sorry, I read your post wrong, so I'm not sure if that'll fix your problem. I tried v1.0 of onionfs a while back and it was working fine.

Last edited by ongo_gablogian,

SlimPortable

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OnionFS requires the romfs files to be placed at "SD:/OnionFS/<titleID>/romfs/".

EDIT: Sorry, I read your post wrong, so I'm not sure if that'll fix your problem. I tried v1.0 of onionfs a while back and it was working fine.
So the layeredfs.plg isn't the romfs file, it's all the stuff under the Puyo Puyo Tetris folder on the github? I'l try that then.

EDIT: Yup, that was my issue! The translation patch works on my 3DS now. Thanks, and thanks for the translation! It nudged me to import the game even though it's already a fairly import friendly game. Much appreciated!

Last edited by SlimPortable,

ongo_gablogian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, LayeredFS is just a NTR plugin that allows you to use the custom game files and OnionFS is essentially a replacement for that. If you want more info on OnionFS check out the thread here.

The easiest way to download the translated files on GitHub is by clicking the green "Clone or download" button and just download the whole repo as a zip, the translated files are located in "Translated Files/PuyoPuyoTetris".

For OnionFS just place all the folders contained in the "PuyoPuyoTetris" folder in "SD:/OnionFS/<titleID>/romfs/" and place the OnionFS.plg in "SD:/plugin/0004000000101200".

EDIT: Just saw your edit, glad you got everything working. Also happy to see more people importing the game, If you have a Switch or PS4 please support the official english release that's coming out in April!

Last edited by ongo_gablogian,

Waveracer

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@ongo_gablogian

I will support the PS4 version when it is released because I have a PS4 but I still want the translated 3DS version, the game is great on 3DS! Hopefully some Japanese or Japanese-speaker will help us? And we need someone to find out where the story text is located, right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off