Translation Help related to translation dilemma - Jet Impulse Translation Project.

MegalithAce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Hello.
As the title follows, I had some issues related to the translation of this game.
Basically I've managed to translate every single aspect of it, including .mdig files for pre-briefing/post-briefing texts (via HEX editing) and some tiles with CrystalTile2.
But there is a section related to CGI text, which theorically is easy to edit (because it uses .txt files per paragraph), however, the text speed is very slow, therefore, it skips several words without even completing the whole paragraph, then jumps to the next.
I'll give an example:

I've translated:
人類は
地球を巻き込む
大きな戦いを
三度経験した。

To:
Mankind has experienced
three major battles
involving the planet
Earth.

The CGI is way too short, it cuts out to the word "three", and I believe it's related to the amount of letters being used in comparison to their original.

This is my translation:

And this is the original:

I had 2 plans:
  • Finding a variable that controls the text speed.
  • Managing to somewhat edit Actimagine .vx files and re-importing them back.
However I have ZERO knowledge on how to do any of those 2, I even tried to find information on the matter without any success.

I definitely need help, as this is the only known roadblock for the completion of this translation project. If anyone is experienced with any of these 2 things then let me know either here or DMs. The help will be very appreciated.

Last edited by MegalithAce,
Reactions: YuseiFD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: LMAO