[Hacking][Help Needed][Translation]Baka To Test To Shoukanjuu Portable Translation Project(Revival)

bladerain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hello. My name is Bladerain. I am attempting to translate Baka To Test To Shoukanjuu Portable that was once worked on by FShadow but he disappeared in 2018 and none of his members seemed to have showed up. They left some files and etc in the original thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/baka-test-portable-english-translation-project.370054/ and I am trying to retrace their steps and try to complete this project. Best I found was some mention of tools they used and the translations FShadow did for Menu and Options.

Browsing in the web, I managed to extract the CPK files for the script as mentioned in the original thread. I have attempted to open these with notepad and found some symbols and Japanese text. These files are named 0-84. Assuming 0 to be the menu, options, etc, I assume these files 0-84 are the 74 story scripts and the 10 board game scripts as mentioned in the original post. I need help. Advise, suggestions or help in trying to extract the contents so we can modify the script, insert them into the game and whatnot.
Files.jpg

I also made a discord server to help with the project. Please join in if you would like to help or would just like to say hi.

https://discord.gg/CcZ2M62Gsy

Project Status:
So far, I only managed to extract the scripts. I am currently searching a way to try and modify them or view them so I could do some translations. We already have a video of the tutorial and some menu translations so I could insert those first.

Members:

bladerain - Project Leader

I am a bit tired of waiting for FShadow or any of it's members to show up since they disappeared in 2018. It's 2022 now and nearly 2023. The series ended years ago yet I would still like to play this game. I'm a bit stubborn but I'd like to request help and advice once more on how to tackle this project.
Post automatically merged:

I've done some more work and it seems I need someone who can make tools like the ones CompCom made for script and images. I need to somehow be able to extract the scripts and images to edit and translate them then I can put them back. I lack the technical knowledge though.

Last edited by bladerain,

bladerain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
It's regretful but I've hit a dead end. I managed to unpack the script of the game itself. Then I got these files 0-84. I believe these are the game menu options and whatnot, script for the story and the game board too. But, I did try various tools to unlock these and hopefully try to do some translation work using the ones I have. But it was futile. My tools failed to extract the script and decode it. I lack the abilities and knowledge to make the tools like the ones that were made for the game originally. So, this was a failure. If you know how to make the tools, please contact me via discord. Until I find a way to extract the script, translation work can't even begin. So, I regret to say that I failed. Still, I am a bit proud I actually gave it a serious try. At this point, the best way to actually even play the game is to study Japanese yourself. RIP.

Last edited by bladerain,

bladerain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Thankfully, some people who are more knowledgeable in this field has joined the Discord and helped me out a lot.
I am happy to announce we've made some good progress and we might be able to extract the script soon and begin translation work. At this moment, we would need translators, programmers and artists maybe when we begin extracting images. If you would like to help, please join the Discord.

bladerain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Discord link seems to be dead. So, here. https://discord.gg/5bkCTq7P
Post automatically merged:

We've made great progress in the game and extracted the script and images. Now, we are recruiting a translator to translate the images and script. An artist to work on translated images when the translator is done. And finally, a programmer to put them back into the game. Please message me on discord, I am under the name Ascrein. I will pass on the script to you. I mainly used google translate on the script to confirm if they're the script and for the most part, I am certain it is the full script. It's fine if you're unable to contribute to the project. We welcome any fan who wishes to play this game and enjoy one last encore of their old favorite series, Baka To Test To Shoukanjuu. If Akihisa and his friends still have a place in your heart, you are welcome to join.

bladerain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
New discord link after this one expired.
https://discord.gg/qxCd37mq
We seem to have extracted the script and images but we still need translators and programmers. Contact us in Discord if you'd like to see our progress and the script. If all else fails, we would probably MTL the script at least...

SHADOW_MAEL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Novo link de discórdia depois que este expirou.
https://discord.gg/qxCd37mq
Parece que extraímos o script e as imagens, mas ainda precisamos de tradutores e programadores. Entre em contato conosco no Discord se quiser ver nosso progresso e o script. Se tudo mais falhar, provavelmente MTL o script pelo menos ...
How is the translation going my friend? Can you extract and put the images back?

bladerain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
How is the translation going my friend? Can you extract and put the images back?
We are struggling to find translators and programmers but it seems we can find some artists to help with images. Once I get my hands on a pc, I am considering mtl-ing the script, editing it then try to put it back in the game. If not, we will leave it as is on Discord for folks to read.

On further thought, you can still play the game. There are instructions around to navigate around controls. But its the script most folks want so this is the best we can do.

bladerain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Good news for everyone! Thanks to obtaining a script from a member of the old group, we are making progress to making a patch and allowing everyone to play the game. The full script we have is in the Discord so we would recommend anyone to read it for themselves.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto