Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

Punkonjunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Hey.
I've tried R415, the newest version, and the nightly drop box version, I CANNOT get metroid other M to get past that freeze after the demo. I also tried USB loader GX. Also freezes. I extracted the videofile that freezes, doesn't freeze in VLC. Seems to be a good dump. Kind of infuriating.

Wiiflow also freezes when I try to play Goldeneye... when you get about... maybe ten minutes into the first level.

twig123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any way that we could get a feature update to parse wiidb.xml and apply fields to categories? or a standalone windows app to do this for us?
(Basically a way to automatically create categories in WiiFlow for things like Multiplayer, WiFi, WiFi Multiplayer, Nunchuck Required, ESRB Rating, etc.)

Example of Mario Kart Wii from wiidb.xml:
Code:
RMCE01

NTSC-U

score
I have cut some of the entries out, but from this example, we can see that the game can play with 12 players online (Although doesn't say only 2 players local wifi), that a total of 4 players can play locally, has a ESRB of "E" and can use several controllers. It would be awesome to be able to be able to just select a category for "Multiplayer" and show all of the multiplayer games, or choose a "WiFi" category to show all Online capable games (automatically, without having to manually set the category on every game).

Edit: I know that I can select a game and press "+" to show some info that appears to be pulled from wiidb.xml, but like I said above, it would be nice to be able to Filter/Category by these features

Thoughts?

MarcGrondin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
sorry for the noob question. But we just got a wii and it has system version 4.3 how can i get wiiflow on it...do i still have to install all the WAD files or can i just install wiiflow and the channel forwarder??

cwolfey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any way that we could get a feature update to parse wiidb.xml and apply fields to categories? or a standalone windows app to do this for us?
(Basically a way to automatically create categories in WiiFlow for things like Multiplayer, WiFi, WiFi Multiplayer, Nunchuck Required, ESRB Rating, etc.)

Example of Mario Kart Wii from wiidb.xml:
Code:
RMCE01

NTSC-U

score
I have cut some of the entries out, but from this example, we can see that the game can play with 12 players online (Although doesn't say only 2 players local wifi), that a total of 4 players can play locally, has a ESRB of "E" and can use several controllers. It would be awesome to be able to be able to just select a category for "Multiplayer" and show all of the multiplayer games, or choose a "WiFi" category to show all Online capable games (automatically, without having to manually set the category on every game).

Edit: I know that I can select a game and press "+" to show some info that appears to be pulled from wiidb.xml, but like I said above, it would be nice to be able to Filter/Category by these features

Thoughts?
Isnt the Categoris ini file the same for everyone..except if the names were changed..
So why cant the categories be filled in or shared?

After you completely go through and assign the categories doesnt it just assign them by game id..so onyone can use it

This should be a very easy thing to do

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The install game option isn't working with any Dual Layer games I have tried. It fails.

Using the alpha4 nightly and d2xv7, just thought I'd mention incase its missed.

MarcGrondin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
woot woot. got it up and running now. it helps when you do things the right way and don't rush (-: i'm feeling the flow now.

here's one question tho. How can i(if i can) make it so that when i exit a game i return to Wiiflow instead of the WiiSystem menu??

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
woot woot. got it up and running now. it helps when you do things the right way and don't rush (-: i'm feeling the flow now.

here's one question tho. How can i(if i can) make it so that when i exit a game i return to Wiiflow instead of the WiiSystem menu??
Make sure you have a Wiíflow forwarder installed. In Wiiflow go to settings and set 'Return to' to the Wiiflow forwarder channel.

Reactions: 1 person

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The few games I had trouble loading now work fine. I messed about last night and it turns out they were usb save emulation related.

I have noticed only one bug possibly with savegame emulation I hope I can report here for the developers info.

MarioKart PAL Europe (Other games with channels possibly WiiFit, etc) and savegame emulation bug?

The savegame for this is in the /00010004 folder and wiiflow finds it but also writes inside the /00010000 folder.
I'm sure this is a bug and it should only read/write to the games folder in /00010004.

I wonder if anyone else noticed this with other games that have channels?

Another thing,

I can get my emulated nand working on SD and USB but can only get my savegame emulation working off USB?
It would be really great if I could use the nand on SD for savegames too.

These few things and the dual layer install failing is all I can fault now...

Thanks for the new wiiflow releases though I'm really impressed with this and d2x, superb.

Razzyness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My wiiflow just keeps crashing all the time..
The music in the menu is choppy and going on a game box art just freezes the whole thing.

What's wrong with wiiflow ? I have the latest build...

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The music in the menu is choppy and going on a game box art just freezes the whole thing.

sounds to me like you upgraded from a prior version and didn't install it properly....see here

...or your using a theme. all the old themes are not compatible with new wiiflow until they are updated...

Razzyness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

sounds to me like you upgraded from a prior version and didn't install it properly....see here

...or your using a theme. all the old themes are not compatible with new wiiflow until they are updated...
Okay, I did everything that should have been done.
I even tried using the default theme but it still freezes when moving from game to game.

MarcGrondin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
so i love Wiiflow just want to report a few issues i have experienced.

1. sometimes my wiimote does not re-connect after i start wiiflow and i have to grab a new controller in order to do anything. this second controller gets connected as controller 2. when i start a game all returns to normal.

2. Only had this happen once(did not enjoy it at all so did not try to reproduce it) i was playing epic mickey which uses the nunchuck. when i quit and returned to wiiflow it was going crazy at first not finding my partition then when i selected it it restarted a couple times in a row then it came up with all my games but is was shufling around randomly left and right until i unplugged the nunchuck.,

other than that no major issues. can't wait for updates. keep up the great work wiiflow is a great interface.

edit:
one more question. Are any themes in this thread still compatible with the current version? http://gbatemp.net/t...wiiflow-themes/

LBJWDEBSH

Trophies
XP
Country
good day guys!!!

i just install wiiflow but wiiflow cannot detech my hdd games whats the problem.. i hope u can help me im a noob at wii.. thanks!! :(

gualala

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks all developers for their efforts in WiiFlow!

I tried the usb nand save feature in the r417v4, it works in mario kart, but received "set usb failed: -6" with NSMBW :(
installed the seven recommended d2x v7 final cios

then tried the new v8 beta, nothing starts with nand save emulation turned on :sad:

anyone have idea in solving the error -6 problem? thanks..

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
anyone have idea in solving the error -6 problem? thanks..
I have posted about the set usb error -6 a page or 2 back. I think? Issue is with usb save emu hopefully I can help you work around and get the games working. Cause it seems random kinda startup bug and should not happen after you fix this.

Basically its a bug caused by a slightly incomplete first attempt saving to your emu nand.
You will need to delete the games folder from your emu nand and then load it again and allow it to create a fresh game dir (it will not have been created properly previously and the incomplete game folder causes the error).

The place you wanna look for the games folder is Nand/Title/00010000/ and delete the appropriate folder.
Reboot wii, make sure savegame emulation is on try again.
If it still fails, turn savegame emulation off, load the game then try above steps again.

I found its best to let wiiflow create a new folder for each game. If you already have saves you wanna use then replace the appropriate files.

Mariokart is actually one of the only games that doesn't work 100% with savegame emulation but the games playable... I noticed something wrong testing the options normally accessable from the mk channel (eg competitions, ghost data) when I tried, some of those options would not work.
Wiiflow is creating a folder inside /00010000 for some reason. It should always read/write to the folder inside /00010004. This I think could be fixed, Mariokart saves everything in 00010004 because games with channels do not store data in /00010000. I've posted the info back a page or two.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7