Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

hybridLearner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of people use fat32/ntfs so that they can have all of their homebrew apps on the fat32 and the wii images on the ntfs. I personally just use 1 fat32, I have found it to be very easy to maintain and works just as well. Wiiflow does support 1 ntfs, so you should be good there. I am using the nightly build version, which is a bit newer than the other 417.

leojreimroc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having a title problem with wiiflow. I'm using wiiflow r317.

I downloaded the file from the download covers in the settings. This updated all the titles in my wii game folder no problem. The problem is that I also have a seperate section for my nand emulated wiiware and VC games. The titles of these games are unfortunately not updated. I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this issue. Is there still a titles.ini or custom_titles.ini that should be in one of the folders? From my research, these seemed to be used in older versions of wiiflow so it may not apply anymore. That said, I have tried to download these files and put them in various places -> /wiiflow, /apps/wiiflow, /apps/wiiflow/settings. All of these did not work however. And it needs to be said again that the titles for the regular wii games are 100% fine and worked with just the button click in settings-download covers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've been fiddling with this for weeks and I can't seem to find any solutions.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pardon me if I'm stating the obvious, but you need to click on the channels icon in wiiflow to be in the coverflow for the emulated nand (you must have pressed 'B' at some point to access the emunand). It is from here that you need to click on 'download covers' in the settings menu, in order to have the covers updated for those games/channels. If you do it from the main coverflow that shows the disc game backups, it only updates those covers and vice-versa.

leojreimroc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pardon me if I'm stating the obvious, but you need to click on the channels icon in wiiflow to be in the coverflow for the emulated nand (you must have pressed 'B' at some point to access the emunand). It is from here that you need to click on 'download covers' in the settings menu, in order to have the covers updated for those games/channels. If you do it from the main coverflow that shows the disc game backups, it only updates those covers and vice-versa.

Actually, I've just deleted the entire /wiiflow folder (not really delete, but renamed and did another /wiiflow to reset everything to see if that would help). I hit the gametdb button while I was in the emulated nand. It did not update those titles, but when I went again to the wiigames, it did update those titles (without hitting the button again). The covers for everything are uploading files. Many of the wiiware/VC are missing, but a lot are getting uploaded. It's the titles that are not correctly showing when I hit the gametdb button.

popodom

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi,
Sorry for this late response.
@fix94: thank you for your advice. It worked great. Unfortunately the problem come back. I must do something wrong using Wiiflow. Now, Wiiflow becomes unusable if I download the gamestdb.xml. I will have to delete the settings again.
But thanks again !

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I didn't get an answer to my question so I try to ask again, sorry...

Does partial emulation still need a full emu NAND on the HDD or can it just make the savegame into an empty folder like Uloader can?

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have noticed the links for themes on wiiflowwiki are down.
I have also had trouble installing the latest DWFA forwarder wads. The orchid and starlight channels seem to work but the default and orange have caused an ERROR! (ret = -1035). I have not tried any of the others. I have used wad manager 1.7 and multi-mod manager to install.

Are the themes and forwarders going to be updated? Can they be downloaded from anywhere else?

KhaosZeroX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having problems with WiiFlow.
I had it running fine off my USB micro SD adapter with a 16 GB card, but the cheap adapter died....

I copied the contents of my SD card used for apps/settings/everything besides wii backups onto the 16 GB NTFS card, and used it in-place of the SD card in the front of the wii.
Wiiflow runs and I see my games, however when I start Naruto 3 I get this error everytime Set USB failed: -3
Other games I get an :exception (DSI) occured! with a bunch of debug info after it, restarting after 5 seconds.
Already tried deleting the ini the in apps folder and the wiiflow foler in the root....

I'm running r417 with these cios' installed as the wiki suggests

version: d2x-v7-final
base: 37
slot: 245
Press A and wait for it to complete, then Press A again to continue.
base: 38
slot: 246
base: 53
slot: 247
base: 55
slot: 248
base: 56
slot: 249
base: 57
slot: 250
base: 58
slot: 251

Ninn

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hi! im having some problem with SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL! all my other games are working fine, except for this one.

when i click on the play button, it sends mi to another game box. like the latest game i played. it wont run.

im running r417. and convert my games using wbfs_file Simple Gui 1.0.9. any ideas why this happends? i have the game on dvd and works fine.

p4p4

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, I just got the same problem, I just trashed the "wiiflow" folder at the root of my SD card and everything got fine.
There's probably a more specific file to delete to avoid loosing all the settings and covers...

Ninn

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hi, I just got the same problem, I just trashed the "wiiflow" folder at the root of my SD card and everything got fine.
There's probably a more specific file to delete to avoid loosing all the settings and covers...

are you answering my question or the guy above me?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have also had trouble installing the latest DWFA forwarder wads. The orchid and starlight channels seem to work but the default and orange have caused an ERROR! (ret = -1035).
This error most likely means you have some wrong ticket installed, please uninstall the wad and then install it again.

oscarmbv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I use open wiiflow r346 for cios 222 (from wii.scenebeta) I´m able to load my hdd, but only if I connect it after start up, I wonder if this is fixed in the last version, but I beleive it´s load on cios 249 by default and my hdd makes the program freezes on 249, it´s possible to download the last release for cios 222?

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No, latest version only supports d2x v7 cIOS, so 222 is useless, because a hermes cIOS is installed there normally.

You can try to do a fresh install...if you go from an older version to the latest, you need to delete some config stuff.

1. /apps/wiiflow/wiiflow.ini
2. /wiiflow/settings/(all files in here)
3. /wiiflow/cache/lists folder

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had a few ios reloading problems and reported a few pages back, themanuel recommended the nightly build which fixed those, thanks themanuel.

I have not had time to properly test everything but I have a problem..

"set USB failed -6" error message when trying to load some games...

Wii Sports Resort gives me this error now when I try to load it.
I could play this before but not at the moment on the nightly I'm using, I don't know why this doesn't now.

Also got the same error when I tried to load sam and max 2. (both pal europe versions backed up from original disc)
I wondered if it was a USB save emulation error and will try to test more and post info.

And lastly, savegame emulation... I'm using this where possible but is it possible with nand on SD?
I hoped it would work.

Thanks.

Mjollnir_pt

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi! im having a problem with racquet sports !
all other games are working fine(that i´ve noticed), except for this one.
when i click on the play button, it tries to load and then displays the message "set usb failed: -3".
im running wiiflow r417, the forwarder is "WiiFlow-Default forwarder-FIX94v11b3-DWFA".
in wiiflow "about" it says "IOS249 base 56 v7", the settings for the game are by default like all the other games.

Any idea?

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
MarioKart Wii and USB save emulation error (nightly)

My saves in Title/00010004/524d4350 but wiiflow also creates a folder in Title/00010000/524d4350.
Seems to be created when I use wfc (online race) but the folder created doesnt contain all the save information (corrupt possibly).

I think this might be a bug.

Also can anyone confirm nand for saves cannot be on sd at the moment?
I'm using save emulation on usb nand and tried but couldnt set it up on my SD card.
(brilliant feature I really hope it can work with SD cards in future if not possible now)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Just like subway they lie about length +1