Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regarding the wads and ios;s

What is correct way to update to the new wads with d2xv7?

If I dont have all the original ios or wads II used to uninstall, can I just load all the new ones in using wad manager over the old ones?

I have been doing it this way, just want to make sure over time nothing will happen like this.

Or is there a way to check and see what was loaded, so I can cleanup and do it right way from scratch?

I'm pretty sure it's OK to just overwrite. It's what I do, since I normally use installers for cIOS's, rather than wads.
If you want to delete a cIOS instead of overwriting it, you can use DopMii.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regarding the wads and ios;s

What is correct way to update to the new wads with d2xv7?

If I dont have all the original ios or wads II used to uninstall, can I just load all the new ones in using wad manager over the old ones?

I have been doing it this way, just want to make sure over time nothing will happen like this.

Or is there a way to check and see what was loaded, so I can cleanup and do it right way from scratch?

I'm pretty sure it's OK to just overwrite. It's what I do, since I normally use installers for cIOS's, rather than wads.
If you want to delete a cIOS instead of overwriting it, you can use DopMii.
an if he is not sure what he is doing, he could brick.( use wii mod or mmm)
the best way is to grab the installer an download the correct cios. the older cios will be over writen automatically.(if installing in a occupied cios).
but the wad in side mod mii is safe, i use them.i've never used the installer.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
an if he is not sure what he is doing, he could brick.( use wii mod or mmm)
the best way is to grab the installer an download the correct cios. the older cios will be over writen automatically.(if installing in a occupied cios).
but the wad in side mod mii is safe, i use them.i've never used the installer.

Which reminds me, that you (temps) should have a backup of your nand and a way to restore it, if you want to keep mucking around with the Wii safely.

Griffin224

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing that Wiiflow now supports emulated nands, but does it support the Sneek format for games, or do I need to find a way to re-compress them all into iso/wbfs format? If so, does anyone have a suggestion for an easy way to do so?

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing that Wiiflow now supports emulated nands, but does it support the Sneek format for games, or do I need to find a way to re-compress them all into iso/wbfs format? If so, does anyone have a suggestion for an easy way to do so?
WiiBackupManager a.k.a WBM can convert from sneek to wbfs/iso/cios but the answer is no to your original question.

otototot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is Skylanders working properly on Wiiflow r417 & d2x-v7-final?
It seems Portal requires cios 223: therefore I'm wondering if this would work with r417, as apparently it's not anymore possible to select cios.
Anyone with successful experience here?

While I'm at it, has anyone tested with 3DS portal too, instead of Wii Portal?

Thanks.

MiguelBaptista

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Is Skylanders working properly on Wiiflow r417 & d2x-v7-final?
It seems Portal requires cios 223: therefore I'm wondering if this would work with r417, as apparently it's not anymore possible to select cios.
Anyone with successful experience here?

While I'm at it, has anyone tested with 3DS portal too, instead of Wii Portal?

Thanks.

I will install now the last d2x cIOS v7 Wad Pack by HBC - MMM. Is the correct? After install is necessary install the Priloader?

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX98:

Are you familiar enough with how Crap (WiiGSC) uses it's built-in wiiflow forwarder to create the game specific channels?
I wonder if you would have some pointers as to how I could modify your wiiflow forwarder source code to make Crap created channels work with the recent wiiflow releases.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX98:

Are you familiar enough with how Crap (WiiGSC) uses it's built-in wiiflow forwarder to create the game specific channels?
I wonder if you would have some pointers as to how I could modify your wiiflow forwarder source code to make Crap created channels work with the recent wiiflow releases.
i've been working on that, along with trying to make it work in neek2o.. the problem is the way it loades the game, an the way wiiflow loads the same game.. because the new dol for wiiflow is compressed, an the way it loads the games, unless it's re writen (crapp) then it will not work. an when i meen i've tried. thats what i did. been trying for a month. the whole code for crapp need re writen.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you don't think just a new wiiflow forwarder would fix it?
I'm not sure how deep you've gotten into it, but Crap uses an external forwarder dol, specific for wiiflow, to embed into channels that you create for launching with wiiflow.
I'm thinking that, if we can just update that forwarder to whatever is new in wiiflow, we could make it work.

What have you tried so far?

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you don't think just a new wiiflow forwarder would fix it?
I'm not sure how deep you've gotten into it, but Crap uses an external forwarder dol, specific for wiiflow, to embed into channels that you create for launching with wiiflow.
I'm thinking that, if we can just update that forwarder to whatever is new in wiiflow, we could make it work.

What have you tried so far?
re writing both the forwarders in to xml with my xml editor, i've tried reading the dols with hex editor. i looked all the sources for wiiflow/neek20 an for crapp. i've rebuilt the dols with svn. tried re writing the xml with all the other forwarders removed an just adding wiiflow an neek2o..
it's the way the launch the games an checking for the ios/cios to launch the games. it's not as simple as it sounds just adding the dols.. cause you also have to write in what the channel needs to do an look for when booting. so unless the wiicrazy rewrites the codes an adds the dol or if some one wants to take on the challange good luck.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
re writing both the forwarders in to xml with my xml editor, i've tried reading the dols with hex editor. i looked all the sources for wiiflow/neek20 an for crapp. i've rebuilt the dols with svn. tried re writing the xml with all the other forwarders removed an just adding wiiflow an neek2o..
it's the way the launch the games an checking for the ios/cios to launch the games. it's not as simple as it sounds just adding the dols.. cause you also have to write in what the channel needs to do an look for when booting. so unless the wiicrazy rewrites the codes an adds the dol or if some one wants to take on the challange good luck.

OK, my friend. That's more than I would have known how to do, anyway.
It seems we are at WiiCrazy's mercy on this one.
I hope he makes a comeback and fixes it.

Thanks for the input.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

OK, my friend. That's more than I would have known how to do, anyway.
It seems we are at WiiCrazy's mercy on this one.
I hope he makes a comeback and fixes it.

Thanks for the input.
if you want you could use a different loader for channels, i have some game channels made for my kids, that are using cfg to launch.

temps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Themanuel - thanks, yes I do have a nand backup, but I've always been a bit cautious about fixing something that isn't broken .... which is why I asked the earlier question about the d2xv7 installs. I've managed to find that mine are v6, so is there a problem that I haven't encountered? By the way, Skylanders works with 223, Call of duty 3 works with Config USB but not Wiiflow (resets the Wii) and TinTin works ok too.

Well, I decided to take the plunge and install all the rev 21007 CIOS as per wiiflowiki and all has worked fine. Just overwrote the previous CIOSs in the respective slots. I've done two systems, one PAL and one NTSC, no glitches as far as I can see.

otototot - Skylanders "just loads" in Wiiflow, I select ios 223 in Config USB loader. I did allocate 223 with the earlier version of wiiflow, I think.

Thanks to all those who write this software, I'm impressed.

XFlak, thanks for the modmii, but I have to say that I avert my gaze when your animated GIF is on-screen ... you (or your stormtrooper buddy) must be rather sore by now.

Me and Family are off to Cuba tomorrow, with a modded WII for Christmas!! Merry Christmas to all!

temps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, otototot, if you look at the info on the rev 21007 IOSs then you'll see that they all have USB2.0 support, hence you don't need to specify it.

MiguelBaptista

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I use the Wiiflow, i update to the r417 and install d2xv7 final, but the game Driver San Francisco and Tintin don't work very well... when i finish the mission the game stop, and i need turn off the wii, then when i start again the game, i start in the new mission...

What i shoul do to work??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone