Hacking What's most likely going to happen

solitaire4eva

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is why this weekend was "special"
https://gbatemp.net/threads/snip.424397/

Yeah that was the post that made me go invest in another Wii U (Got a deal on a 5.5.1 one). I admit it was a stupid thing to do on my lol. The homebrew scene however has many talented developers who with the limited access they have, they are able to come up with some good games, so there is hope for this scene. I've been inspired to dabble in programming again myself so this weekend is not a complete lost.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Clearly, I'm just holding it off (except I've allowed qualified people who asked me privately to get it) to feel superior to everyone (except I don't even go here that often anymore). If I had more time to work on the alternate kexploit, I'd be more seriously considering releasing one of them.
Clearly it's about ass kissing

TheDylantula

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clearly, I'm just holding it off (except I've allowed qualified people who asked me privately to get it) to feel superior to everyone (except I don't even go here that often anymore). If I had more time to work on the alternate kexploit, I'd be more seriously considering releasing one of them.
No disrespect intended here, just asking an honest question: if you don't have time to work on it, isn't that more of a reason to release it? More people being able to take a crack at it could yield more results.

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate to see you walked all over here :/
same thing happened with hykem. idc if his iosu or kexploit was real or not, just the fact that when people don't get what they want, they bitch and whine just still get nothing in the end : P

TheDylantula

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My bad. Cracking jokes usually calms the salty, and this was a reference to M2K getting ripped on by Hungrybox at the Summit and Scar saying "bye mewtwoking" and wooshing him away; hoped enough of you comp melee to get my obscure humor

This ain't a world where people give much of a shit about likes on any site, fyi.
Whoops, how'd I not get that reference lol.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This ain't a world where people give much of a shit about likes on any site, fyi.
Nonetheless, the like ratio on this site tends to directly correspond with either the usefulness or humor of a user's posts

In other words, stop bein' a little bitch. I know that was probably sarcasm but there's no need to alienate a developer in their own scene

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clearly it's about ass kissing

Asking people to tout their own homebrew/exploitation/modding experience is clearly asking them to kiss my ass.

No disrespect intended here, just asking an honest question: if you don't have time to work on it, isn't that more of a reason to release it? More people being able to take a crack at it could yield more results.

I want to ensure that releasing an exploit doesn't completely deprive us of working ones on newer versions. I have started letting other people I trust work on the alternate kernel exploit.

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
I hate to see you walked all over here :/
same thing happened with hykem. idc if his iosu or kexploit was real or not, just the fact that when people don't get what they want, they bitch and whine just still get nothing in the end : P
Hykem is a terrible comparison really. He held off on releasing his IOSU, then got raided and lost it. If he just released it, we'd be much further into the scene by now

If Mn1 released his exploit, we wouldnt necessarily progress, since we already have kernel access in lower FWs

Last edited by EmceeKerser,

kataclysmicmind

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's already decided on not releasing it. What good would having him stick around be?

More good than most of this toxic community sticking around. Everyone seems to think @Marionumber1 owes them something on here. He doesn't. Plain and simple. If he chooses to release it he will. With an ungrateful community like this I wouldn't blame him for keeping all work private. So yes, be jackals and run off the few active devs in the wii u scene. That will get you what you want. Let him work in peace he has his reasons and we should respect them.

Last edited by kataclysmicmind,

TheDylantula

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to ensure that releasing an exploit doesn't completely deprive us of working ones on newer versions. I have started letting other people I trust work on the alternate kernel exploit.

However, Nintendo has shown that Wii U is not a high priority. If I'm not mistaken, this is the longest Nintendo has gone without a major Wii U system update. Additionally, Nintendo has said they've moved nearly all their devs to NX, and expect TERRIBLE sales on Wii U this year. Hell, they have yet to patch the newest 3DS exploit, despite releasing a new system update since then.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hykem is a terrible comparison really. He held off on releasing his IOSU, then got raided and lost it. If he just released it, we'd be much further into the scene by now

If Mn1 released his exploit, we wouldnt necessarily progress, since we already have kernel access in lower FWs
it's not about Hykem himself, it's about being mean in general.

Reactions: TheDylantula

WeedZ

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Asking people to tout their own homebrew/exploitation/modding experience is clearly asking them to kiss my ass.

You and a handful of people can't be in total control. Not a remark about your skills but logically there is not enough manpower. Stuff got leaked/released for 3ds and now we have downgrade methods for all fw versions. Smea's team didn't discover those. Homebrew devs did. Youre bottlenecking the entire scene where devs could actually build and improve on your work. Youre just going to kill the wiiu scene with this nonsense.

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has always been the problem with nintendo products. Everyone has their hand out and when nothing is dropped in it they become an asshole.
Nintendo "hacks" user: Hey give me that "hack". Nintendo hacker: No, not just yet. It's not quite ready. Nintendo "hacks" user: Hey fucker, you owe me. I have spent days upon days logging into this site. What have you done to deserve to keep my exploit to yourself? Nintendo hacker: Excuse me? I made it so it is mine. I will release it when I am ready. Nintendo "hacks" leecher: You motherfucker, it's my exploit because I have posted for days wishing I had it. And now you are a moron for standing in my way of grabbing my exploit that you made. Nintendo hacker: You know what? fuck it, I'm out. Good luck with wishing your -insert Nintendo product here- exploited.
Nintendo "hacks" user: Fuck you I don't need you. I'll throw a few pennies in the wishing well and it will grant my wish for the exploit you stole from me by not releasing it.
Nintendo hacker:

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
You and a handful of people can't be in total control. Not a remark about your skills but logically there is not enough manpower. Stuff got leaked/released for 3ds and now we have downgrade methods for all fw versions. Smea's team didn't discover those. Homebrew devs did. Youre bottlenecking the entire scene where devs could actually build and improve on your work. Youre just going to kill the wiiu scene with this nonsense.
I agree with this. At this point if you release a 5.5.1 kernel exploit, then every wii u on the planet is exploitable, as well as every wii u in stock. If people update then thats their fucking problem. They didnt panic about this in the ps3 scene and that went fine.

People updating and locking themselves out of homebrew is a risk that you're going to have to take

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have given access to many qualified people that asked me privately, some of them intending to find exploits. I understand what you're saying, but I don't think releasing to everyone is wise until the alternate exploit is finished.

XavyrrVaati

Hobbyist programmer?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So let me get this straight, there have been what, at least three threads in the last 24 hours made by newbies who are complaining about the WiiU hacking scene? Hack it yourself. I can't speak for anyone else, but when I'm making homebrew, I do it because it's fun, and the fact that someone might get some kind of enjoyment out of it is just a plus. Sure there might be a tiny bit of pressure only wanting to release only my best, but that's more like an artist pride thing. People aren't here to make you shit. If you're complaining about how there's no exploit, then make one yourself, wait patiently for someone to make one, or please go away. Complaining will get you nothing. You can't rebel against a dev and make them release an exploit. It's dumb. If you want everyone here to hate you then please keep up the great work and have a ban, because it's old. Too old. Get Nintendont or something. You don't need backups today, really if you need to backup your games, they'll still be there when it's released unless you break/sell them. Backups won't change your life and magically turn the Wii U into a successful , robust console. Even if an exploit was released today, it would still be weeks/months/years even for truly great content to be developed fully if at all.

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
I have given access to many qualified people that asked me privately, some of them intending to find exploits. I understand what you're saying, but I don't think releasing to everyone is wise until the alternate exploit is finished.
I get where you're coming from. Its important to have back ups.
Personally it doesnt affect me, since I was smart enough to stay on 5.3.2, but perhaps releasing it will encourage innovation

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
michael-jackson-popcorn-meme-2.jpg

WeedZ

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
People complaining about people complaining are the only ones that have no relevance to this conversation, and quite frankly youre flooding the thread while we're trying to get answers. Kissing ass isn't going to help you.

Reactions: Supster131

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well here ya go everyone. when the alt. exploits done, then we can talk about a release. Case closed.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

People complaining about people complaining are the only ones that have no relevance to this conversation, and quite frankly youre flooding the thread while we're trying to get answers. Kissing ass isn't going to help you.
booooo, get off the staaage.
jk bby <3

Last edited by Mr.ButtButt,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...