Hacking Want Cubic Ninja for free? Be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaryLouka

Official Representative of the SuperCard Team
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no thanks I have five already (not hoarding, had to test all regions + eshop)

[insert taco bell joke here]
Seriously, can you spare an american copy
I bought Taco Bell for my son
Taco Bell cost a lot in Canada
that was a taco bell joke isn't it
damn

Esppiral

Trophies
XP
Country
I gifted a code for animal crossing 3ds (eshop version) I wasn't expecting anything in return, and I don't even have that game, but I did it :), anyway, I am from europe, so I am not eligible to this gift, I just wanted to share it :)

Megaman511again

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what I would be able to do in order to get a copy. But honestly I would do anything to get it. I could do art and designs if you want me to help design stuff with or for you.

D

Deleted User

This may seem a little cliche, but a while ago I was in a relationship with this girl. By the end of the year she was to move a couple of states away and she decided a relationship wasn't the best thing to have before she left, which I found understandable because long distance relationships don't usually work out too well, so on her birthday right before she left it was her birthday. She had recently gotten into the legend of zelda series and I had a copy of the legend of zelda ocarina of time 3D, so I gave her my copy for her birthday right before she left. So there's my story that seems sort of cliche to me, but I think it qualifies as an awesome thing I did for someone.

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I am simply going to run a random number generator and determine it that way. Everyone who posted on this thread has a shot that way, with the exception of people who have come right out and refused a copy.

Would that be okay with everyone who DID vote?

Reactions: gudenau and elmoemo

fadeyt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fingers crossed i have never won anything so if i did it'd be a first lol. then again i buy a lot of lottery tickets lol maybe someday ill win the dam lottery.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I think I am simply going to run a random number generator and determine it that way. Everyone who posted on this thread has a shot that way, with the exception of people who have come right out and refused a copy.

Would that be okay with everyone who DID vote?
Yeah, it's kind of dumb how everyone's posting on this thread about the "awesome" things they did. At this point I think random is the way to go.

Anyone can make up stories. Even if their stories are true, it seems a bit weird to say "I did such-and-such for this person, so Cubic Ninja plz." And when people perform a new "random act of kindness" with the ulterior motive of gaining a free game, then it's no longer a "random act of kindness." It's no longer even an "act of kindness," for that matter. There is personal gain involved.

If you wanted genuine acts of kindness, you should've had 'Tempers nominate other 'Tempers who have done awesome things for them in the past for no reason other than wanting to be nice.

For example, there's a member on here, gamecaptor, who reached out to me a few years ago and sent me three M3i Zero flashcarts, all with MicroSD cards, when I was translating Blood of Bahamut. He wanted nothing in return; all he wanted to do was contribute to the translation project in any way he could. He outright refused any form of compensation that I offered him. At the time, he was a complete stranger to me, but we've since become good friends. If we were going by random acts of kindness, I'd nominate him to get a free copy of Cubic Ninja.

Neo Draven: Your heart is in the right place and your motives are noble, but this contest to "out-kindness" each other was fundamentally flawed from the beginning.

*EDIT 1*
I've posted in this thread, but I don't need to be entered in the random number generator. Who needs Cubic Ninja when you're already a ninja? :ninja:

*EDIT 2*
Go ahead and add gamecaptor to the randomized thingie in my place. Thanks :)

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My dad died in a motorcycle crash last year. A friend of his helped me get through some hard times. He went with his family to South Carolina to visit their son who was in the army. They ended up having to stay longer than they intended and it cost them their Christmas money. So I saved up my paychecks, only using what I needed for food, gas, and bills, putting the rest toward getting them all sorts of video game stuff. I hacked their wii a few months earlier, but it was pretty bare bones. So I got them Gamecube controllers, Wiimotes, nunchucks, chargers, some wii guns, a 2TB hard drive loaded with hundreds of games, and a big shelf designed to hold it all. I even gave the kids my 3DS XL, complete with a DSTWO and grip. And finally, I got the guy a big, 4 foot radio controlled helicopter.

I packed each item, individually wrapped, into a big assed box, wrapped it with shiny blue wrapping paper and a big sparkly red bow. When I brought it to their house and set it down in front of the tree, they all just stared at my gift in amazement. After a while of standing there, I said "What are ya waiting for, Christmas?" (lol) He took the bow off and lifted the lid, revealing all the shiny wrapped presents. The kids went nuts. I told him I felt bad about them having to spend all their Christmas money, so I decided to do something about it. My gift to him was presents for everyone. He began to cry and gave me a big hug. Reliving it right now is making me weep. It will always be one of my fondest memories.

I would like to get a copy of Cubic Ninja so I can make their 3DS even more awesome this year.

Reactions: CraddaPoosta

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
may the odds be ever in everyone's favor.

and I don't think i'm awesome enough to get a free gift like this...besides I think i'm getting mine tomorrow from a ma and pa shop who never got wind of the scalping hype

just wanted to wish the best of luck to the lucky "3 ninjas" :ninja:

furrysalamander

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go ahead and add me, if I win I'm giving it to a friend. I don't know if we're doing the random number generators, but one of my friends built me a computer the other year because my family couldn't afford to buy one, just so that I would be able to do homework. In addition, he helps out at my house all the time, and I know I can go to him whenever I need to talk. Again, it's not for me, it's for him.

Reactions: piratesephiroth

furrysalamander

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In addition, he's really good at programming and was planning on making some homebrew, but then the prices shot up before he could snag a copy, and now he can't afford one.

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't added me, as I already have my $5 copy from Gamestop. 4 people kept hassling the employee about the last copy behind the counter, basically getting into a bidding war as high as $35, but the employee (luckily) refused their offers. I got there about mid-way and told the employee my name, stating that I had reserved a copy. When those guys saw that Cubic Ninja copy ring up for only $4.49 ($4.86 after taxes), their mouths dropped and glared at me worse than a typical sitcom mother-in-law.

I rightfully bragged about my copy, telling them that if they wanted it so badly, they should have reserved one using Gamestop's website right after smealum's announcement. Thankfully, they were 4 nerdy white kids no older than 14, so I wasn't in any real danger when they bitched if they attacked.

D

Deleted User

As much as I'd LOVE to get my hands on a copy of this game so I can play around with coding for the 3DS, I don't have any sort of story of kindness to share. :(

I mean, I've programmed for people and helped with tech problems before, both for free, and I open source just about everything I make, but I'm not really sure that amounts to much in this case...

Anyway, good luck to whoever wins a copy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo