The Ultimate Guide to RedNAND VC Injects!

Discussion in 'Wii U - Tutorials' started by CatmanFan, Nov 21, 2016.

1. bennyman123abc

bennyman123abc Master of the Script Kiddies

Mar 21, 2013
    United States
    Training some more Script Kiddies
    A couple months now

2. geekbozu

geekbozu Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 15, 2010
    United States
    So made a custom inject of Professor layton ontop of my own dump of Yoshi Touch and Go made with DDD. Seemingly works fine in loadiine. Game loads up after a few moments on a black screen in loadiine. Pack it as an eshop title and install it. Icon/bootscreen are all there and show up, However it just stays on the bootscreen and softlocks. Not really sure what I did wrong or how to fix it any ideas?
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    Is where it hangs

Last edited by geekbozu, Dec 31, 2016
  3. CatmanFan
    OP

CatmanFan I can't believe I'm using my PS3 again.

Aug 14, 2016
    Morocco
    W H Y
    Check that you have met all the conditions for your VC inject. Change the title ID to something that doesn't hang.

Also, with that bootscreen, the text should be aligned to the left, not to the center.

4. geekbozu

geekbozu Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 15, 2010
    United States
    Welp I will change the text in a few. I ended up fixing it by dumping my base game with ftpu_everywhere instead of DDD either way it works now :D Just took all day >.>

Still have to fix the bootimage but

Warning: Spoilers inside!

Last edited by geekbozu, Dec 31, 2016
    CatmanFan likes this.
  5. bennyman123abc

bennyman123abc Master of the Script Kiddies

Mar 21, 2013
    United States
    Training some more Script Kiddies
    1. Please put your image in spoiler tags next time.
    2. The NUSPacker page says DDD dumps are not compatiable.

6. Blitzur

Blitzur Member

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2016
    Gambia, The
    I don't know if i am just to bad to find something but is it possible to inject other "roms" into Wii vc on WiiU?
    And also i read somewhere that for soem people the starting or even the installation of wii vc on wii u via wup installer broke their haxchi.

thank you :)

7. JohnathanMonkey

JohnathanMonkey GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 26, 2013
    United States
    It's' not possible yet.

8. Blitzur

Blitzur Member

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2016
    Gambia, The
    do you know if someone and who is working on it?
    I "somewhere read someone" tries to get the games red in FST mode instead of this .nfs file formate? is this true? ^^

9. N1k0_VE

N1k0_VE Member

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2017
    Belgium
    Is there also a guide to inject Wii games in Rednand? Or isn't this possible to make your own Wii VC games?

10. CatmanFan
    OP

Aug 14, 2016
    Morocco
    W H Y
    It is not possible to inject Wii games yet, sorry. You'll have to wait until a new method of injecting Wii VC is discovered :(

11. asboy

asboy Member

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2007
    United States
    Wii U Installer Packer closes every time I select if to be region free or not and doesn't make an installable file. Any ideas why? I'm trying to make an injected DS file.

I'm on Windows 10 and have tried v4, v5 and v6 of Wii U Installer Packer and same issues with each.

I made the CMD window stay open and it's telling me Error [0]: Failed validating input parameter

Last edited by asboy, Feb 6, 2017
  12. bjaxx87

bjaxx87 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 17, 2011
    Germany
    I'm trying to change the color depth of my bootscreen using paint.net 4.0.13 but there's no option to change it to 16-bit:
    [​IMG]
    Translation:
    Settings
    Bit depth
    *detect automatically
    *32-bit
    *24-bit
    [] Compress (RLE)
    Standard values

It's the window that pops up when trying to save the TGA file.

And where in the world did you get gba_inject? This is the one I found with Google and it did the job but yours sounds much less outdated:
    https://github.com/ajd4096/inject_gba

13. Nemesis90

Nemesis90 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 12, 2011
    United States
    Does anyone have a template for the SNES (US not Super Famicom) background that can be text edited?

CatmanFan likes this.
  14. skins20

skins20 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2016
    Argentina
    "Make sure that your inject is clean (you have injected the game by yourself and have not downloaded a "dirty" Loadiine-ready inject from the Internet), otherwise there will be some issues."

Exactly because you do not recommend using a Loadiine-ready inject from the Internet?

What problems are there?

And another question .. what about the title.tik or the titlekey to repack? Do you need it?

15. CatmanFan
    OP

Aug 14, 2016
    Morocco
    W H Y
    I've experienced having the game not show up on the Wii U Menu if I used a Loadiine-ready inject as a base for my RedNAND VC injects, as far as I can remember. Also, I've been using Wii U Installer Packer to pack my games, and it automatically creates a fake-signed title.tik. I don't know what even happens if I delete the title.tik. As for the titlekey, I don't know that much about it yet.

skins20 likes this.
  16. craftsk8

craftsk8 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 18, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    Could anyone share RetroInject and gba_inject archive? Can't find it. Find just one link on reddit, and it's was broken.

Last edited by craftsk8, Apr 6, 2017
  17. Cornholio309

Cornholio309 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 23, 2013
    United States
    I'm actually having this exact same issue, even if I choose not to make it region free. Currently using v6. Any ideas? My OS is Windows 10.

18. EddieEddie90

EddieEddie90 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 24, 2016
    Mexico
    Instructions unclear. You don't provide the tools for making these injects. Bad tutorial.

19. CatmanFan
    OP

Aug 14, 2016
    Morocco
    W H Y
    I'm sorry, I still have the tools for making these injects, and I will provide them in a MEGA download link when possible. Just take your time, sorry :(

20. LonelyPhantom

LonelyPhantom Member

Newcomer
    Mar 26, 2017
    United States
    Is the load time for ds games any better when loaded from the wii u menu vs loadiine? I don't know why but loading ds games on loadiine always takes at least 2-3 minutes to load from a black screen and it always makes me nervous that it didn't work.

Of course when it starts playing everything is fine.