Hacking System Menu questions/thoughts

• Thread starter OSW
  • Start date
  • Views 152,262
  • Replies 1,572

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
You're not the only one Skarface even though my console is ntsc it just doesnt freaking make sense... Why can't someone just make a better RegionFrii that patches force region and language truly?? Is this possible?
Is there a source to Region Frii we can play with that would let us do this to those games that show up in disc channel yet show the black or green screen?? Sounds like the disc needs more patching to something else with RegionFrii..more options needed??? I don't know...I'm just blurting out thoughts and ideas now because it's really bothering me to want to accept this...haha

Can't believe we made it over 100 threads so quickly... I feel sorry for the person who just started the epic of CIOSCorp...

Snave2008

Trophies
Website
www.completelyfreewii.com
XP
Country
I can play all NTSC games through my PAL 3.2E CIOSCORPED Wii. Originally I had a problem installing some of the CIOSCORP wads through wad manager so here's the I took:

- Upgraded through Wii settings to 3.4E
- Downgraded back to 3.2E via CIOS Downgrader
- Used IOS Downgrader
- Installed Custom IOS36 rev07
- Installed Starfall with all settings on (except BGM and Health Screen)
- Installed CIOSCORP wads (all installed a treat)

I'm fairly certain that is everything. If I remember anything else I'll add it, but maybe that will help anyone else trying to get this to work.

Skarface05

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The only thing I can think of that I have done differently is I installed starfall after cioscorp - I will try your method and report back.

I'm fairly confident tho that it's something to do with your discs (the people who have them all working from disc channel.)

I say this as not enough people can reproduce your results - why?

People who have been here from day 1 still can't accomplish this.

Iron - U may be right about modifying regionfree, but as you know I can't modify it so we need the input of the experts - diggity, wiicrazy, etc...
tongue.gif

terra808

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Snave2008 said:
I can play all NTSC games through my PAL 3.2E CIOSCORPED Wii. Originally I had a problem installing some of the CIOSCORP wads through wad manager so here's the I took:

- Upgraded through Wii settings to 3.4E
- Downgraded back to 3.2E via CIOS Downgrader
- Used IOS Downgrader
- Installed Custom IOS36 rev07
- Installed Starfall with all settings on (except BGM and Health Screen)
- Installed CIOSCORP wads (all installed a treat)

I'm fairly certain that is everything. If I remember anything else I'll add it, but maybe that will help anyone else trying to get this to work.
same set up here

OK all my games before today have been regionfrii'd but today i did'nt bother with disney's bolt ntsc u in my pal wii and worked in the disc channel no probs.
OK
So I thought i might burn mario super sluggers ntsc u not regionfrii'd, banner shows start game .......NOTHING.
SO
restart, gamma loader not forced....... working.
Restart, gamma forced pal 60 .......... green screen crash.
restart, gamma loader not forced....... working.
Restart, gamma forced pal 60 .......... green screen crash.
Restart, stuck in disney bolt ntsc-u disc in disc channel.......banner.......click.........playing???????

shoot me down if i sound silly but the only diff i can see is they are prob using diff ios/CIOS ?.

I'm guessing but bolt using BUGFIX wad ....sluggers not.....i think ios9

CIJC

Trophies
XP
Country
I Can play all NTSC-U games through my PAL disk channel too.....

My method...

i had the Official 3.3 update, with Starfall protection installed (but not any region free settings), and cIOS already installed.

Here's what i have done since then in order:

Downgraded to 3.2 with cIOS Downgrader.

Used IOS downgrader.

Installed three 3.4 IOS's - IOS38,53,55.

Installed shop channel Fix with the IOS51 thing.

Installed Mii Channel Fix.

Installed cIOSCORP.

Installed ONLY the 'region free wii games' patch, on top of my other patches.

TADAH!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

and thats how my out of region backups are all working fine on cIOSCORP

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmm if different region wii's used different IOS for the system menu i would say you were on to something, unfortunately they dont
frown.gif
I think its something really simple we are overlooking.... Glancing in the rebooter and menu patcher codes it seems like they all force the video region to be the same regardless of region (0x60000000). Then they do another patch to the menu on top of that... I'm wondering if the reason we've been having so much trouble duplicating the region free is that the patch code is searching and expecting to find that in the code, and when it finds the original region it just skips the patch... Anyone else looking into this yet? or should i break out the source and devkit and give this another whirl?

Another thought... Those who have region free on pal with starfall.. when did you get your console, and what is the serial number? Maybe certain model drive chips work and the rest don't

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
all ntsc users that region changed to pal and say it didnt work, did you reinstall cioscorp after the change? i had to after i changed back to pal!

and all pal users that say they see banners but the screen blacks out, download a scrubbed version of we skii its a smallish file and it works,

it isn't region free by the way only a few games are comfermed working with preloader, starfall has better compatibility but, i like preloader,

EDIT

pal games normaly come multilingual, i.e 5 in 1 or some even 6 in1, do ntsc games come like this? if not could this be the issue

EDIT2

it got mine feb last year, its an S/N leh*****

robiul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone recall Freeloader? Your wii can't read any other regions, put the freeloader in, then put in your out of region game in and it'll worked, anyway you can use the freeloader to understand how region-free is enabled, if I remember right, there was a small file in freeloader that could be extracted, this small file is then injected into an iso of an out of region game and then once inserted the game loaded the freeloader part and then the game came up.

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
i'd already edited my post, i thoght the 1st 3 letters told the drive type anyway its LEH16384....

do the ntsc games come multi 5 or multi 6??

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
digitydogs said:
Another thought... Those who have region free on pal with starfall.. when did you get your console, and what is the serial number? Maybe certain model drive chips work and the rest don't

I doubt it.. but it's possible. I have 2 wii's bought at different times... don't know if they have different hardware...but they both have same issue.

QUOTE(robiul @ Jan 21 2009, 01:26 PM) Does anyone recall Freeloader? Your wii can't read any other regions, put the freeloader in, then put in your out of region game in and it'll worked, anyway you can use the freeloader to understand how region-free is enabled, if I remember right, there was a small file in freeloader that could be extracted, this small file is then injected into an iso of an out of region game and then once inserted the game loaded the freeloader part and then the game came up.

Link to freeloader please?

digitydogs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nic - LEH163XXXXXX EUR / PAL GC2-D2C Drive ver. AMW7N141R
Now if everyone who has a free minute will goto http://www.wiidrives.com/ and look up their serial number and report back the above info we can see if drive ver has anything to do with the region free for some pal users.

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
digitydogs said:
Now if everyone who has a free minute will goto http://www.wiidrives.com/ and look up their serial number and report back the above info we can see if drive ver has anything to do with the region free for some pal users.

if this was so then why would they work when i region changed, and you can answer either of my previous questions please, do ntsc games come multi5 or 6? because if they dont then maybe thats why they work and pal doesnt on ntsc, and did you reinstall all of cioscorp after region changing to pal? if not give it ago

terra808

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
digitydogs said:
leh21886xxx UK PAL

testing out of region games at mo an only bolt ntsc-u is working, other ntsc-u and j are not.

will post back results later

digitydogs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nutta_nic said:
digitydogs said:

if this was so then why would they work when i region changed, and you answer either of my previous questions, do ntsc games come multi5 or 6? because if they dont then maybe thats why they work and pal doesnt on ntsc, and did you reinstall all of cioscorp after region changing to pal? if not give it ago

i know i have at least one ntsc game that is multi 5, and it works. Yes i reinstalled all of the corp after trying the pal region change. no effect. There has to be something we are overlooking.
@terra what is the drive ver? thats the critical piece of info

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
robiul said:
Better yet, I have the freeloader part which is the part (the actual file that is injected into the iso) that actually makes your wii region free (offset 00050000):
Freeloader region free file offset 00050000
so what if we used that offset in the hacks.ini for region free wii games, could that work?... or am i way out of the ball park?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: hi