• Start date
  • Views 152,858
  • Replies 1,572

eisfree31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just installed it!!!!! Wanted to thank everyone for all their work!!!!!!!!!! I used the tut on page 62 It worked like a charm
biggrin.gif

D

Deleted User

I still seem to have a problem with Mario Party for some reason, it uses IOS9, which I am 100% sure is patched, it's been converted to my region but when i load it from disc channel, the screen just goes black and freezes

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmm it sounds to me like the game doesnt have support for the video mode of the region you are on built into it, thats the only reason i can think for it to go to a black screen.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
@CIJC: check your .iso's and check if their are not patched to PAL

@WiiCrazy: Well I was wondering if Starfall works on out of region games for ModChip users, and....well....if modchip users use GeckOS for their out of region games, then I think is not that hard to use too (or any launcher), right..??

ps. you do have a ModChip, can you confirm Starfall does works using out of region games..??

No great compatibility with out of region games just using Starfall or Modchip with or without Starfall... That way you don't have video mode patches, language patches and so on...

Yeah modchip users use gecko os a lot, you can find people's problems with the disc channel and people suggesting them to use geckos os... hunt for the keywords

I for myself never used the region free options of Starfall / Preloader... always resorting to Gecko os because I know it will launch the game.... Region free channels is nifty though I use it...

QUOTE(digitydogs @ Jan 21 2009, 03:56 AM) I tried it and it didnt. see this page.

Now has the source to the menu patcher made by the twiizers team ever been released? or if not is anyone with access to it willing to share?

Nothing released for that matter I think.... But it's earliest version should be nearly identical to comex's sadmenu... so the base code should be a lot similar to that since comex got hints from marcan about this stuff...

Soplox

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey I changed the region of the Mario Tennis(Wii) from NTSC-J to NTSC-U and changed it's language from Japanese to English and it work perfectly from the disc channel

I have starfall, preloader and cioscorp installed

i'll try with other game

EDIT
Oh! and i patched it with Waninkoko's IOSPatcher to 249

EDIT2
I've patched Mario Party 8 from PAL to NTSC and changed it's language to English and patched it with Waninkoko's IOSPatcher and the banner appear in the disc channel and i can plai it exactly like if it were launched from the gamma loader, with screen falling down

i ill try other game

EDIT3

I've patched Mario & Sonic from PAL to NTSC with WiiFrii 2.3b and changed it's languaqe to English the only thing that I think i did wrong this time is that in the wiifrii i selected the brute video patcher to 480p progresive and now i can play it but with no video only sound

I'll try other copy of the same game but with the smart patcher

EDIT4
Wario Land Shake it! I changed it's region from NTSC-J to NTSC-U and its language too and it work perfectly

Soplox

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
IronMask said:
Try donkey kong jungle beats and get that one working and then we're cooking.

Changed it's region from NTSC-J to NTSC-U and language to English and patched with Waninkoko's IOSPatcher to 249
I'm now burning it

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
eisfree31 said:
just installed it!!!!! Wanted to thank everyone for all their work!!!!!!!!!! I used the tut on page 62 It worked like a charm
biggrin.gif
Finally some one who reads the whole thread instead of asking useless questions that have already been answered! By the way that was my early version of the guide.

Soplox

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
darkdsguy said:
IronMask said:

Changed it's region from NTSC-J to NTSC-U and language to English and patched with Waninkoko's IOSPatcher to 249
I'm now burning it
It works!

no it get stuck in the green screen

terra808

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
digitydogs said:
I'm leaning more towards the "download an ISO from the net that says it is x when its really y" or "i wanna be special" options... no offense to those few who claim this miracle of not so modern technology
TV can do 50 + 60 using conponent cable and pal and ntsc, UK PAL wii, CIOSCORP (wads), starfall, disneys bolt ntsc-u = working in disk channel same as original.

I have only checked with regionfrii what region the iso was and DID NOT change region.

Went back to starfall disabled wii region free and game did'nt show in disk channel.

So maybe PAL wii's and starfall are the ones to look at if USA and JAP wii's cant play out of region games.

Hope this helps

P.S Are decrypted games really only to be played through gamma coz 40 patched games is starting to feel painfull pressing the A button in a slightly different place. LOL

pokeparadox

Trophies
XP
Country
CIJC said:
....well why is it working for me?

I have Rock Band 2, Manhunt 2, and Wii Music (NTSC-U) working from the system menu of my PAL wii with the CIOSCORP + STARFALL set up.....

and i am NOT a modchip user.
Works for me too. Just to note my PAL Wii is set to use 480P. It could be a videomode problem for certain users trying to use out of region discs.

Skarface05

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well guys - I have a pal wii and i can get NTSC banners to show but everygame black screens.

My tv is is capapble of pal/ntsc so should not be an issue on that front.

I have also tried removing preloader and reinstalling starfall only with cioscorp - still no further improvement.

I really want to know what the few people who have it working have been doing to get it to work as its driving me crazy trying to replicate it.

terra808

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Skarface05 said:
Well guys - I have a pal wii and i can get NTSC banners to show but everygame black screens.

My tv is is capapble of pal/ntsc so should not be an issue on that front.

I have also tried removing preloader and reinstalling starfall only with cioscorp - still no further improvement.

I really want to know what the few people who have it working have been doing to get it to work as its driving me crazy trying to replicate it.
OK
I went through all TV type settings in wii with the standard cable and my component cable. my TV auto switch to PAL and NTSC on each setting and STILL bolt NTSC_U disc plays on every setting on my PAL WII .

I DID have CIOSCORP,preloader,starfall and got board so updated to 3.4 then downgraded back to 3.2 then starfall and CIOSCORP only no preloader.

So TV type or cable is not the issue

Only the BGM and health warning not on in starfall

oh yeah well done guys for keeping me glued to these couple of threads (been here since page 1)

bebs

Trophies
XP
Country
darkdsguy said:
darkdsguy said:
IronMask said:

I'm now burning it
It works!

hi,
can you try to change tatsunoko VS capcom NTSC/J to NTSC/U both region and language?

Soplox

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
bebs said:
darkdsguy said:
darkdsguy said:
IronMask said:

I'm now burning it
It works!

hi,
can you try to change tatsunoko VS capcom NTSC/J to NTSC/U both region and language?
ok

Skarface05

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I would like to get to the bottom of why approx 3-4 pal users can play all ntsc discs from disc chanell and the rest can't ( me included sadly ).

I have done everything you guys have but no joy and i have also had a few friends try it on there uk wii's with no success.

I hope you guys can figure it out for us all - I can make all banners display, but like i said before when you start game they black screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning...