• Thread starter OSW
  • Start date
  • Views 153,252
  • Replies 1,572

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
i'd really like to know about the current region free preloader hacks with original out of region games, because if it hasnt been tried already i was thinking about region changing my wii to ntsc and tring my original pal games, i got backups of some of my originals too so i can try both

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Give it a shot, it didn't work for me when i switched from ntsc to pal and tried an original, but who knows how it would act on a pal wii.... credair is using pal himself so who know
wink.gif

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
digitydogs said:
Give it a shot, it didn't work for me when i switched from ntsc to pal and tried an original, but who knows how it would act on a pal wii.... credair is using pal himself so who know
wink.gif

ok doing it now, i'm using anyregion changer, will this overwrite cioscorp, will i have a clean ntsc wii, or will some ios be patched and some not?

Soplox

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Now with CIOSCORP and Preloader installed in my Wii I cant use the Backup Loader Gamma
a)When i lauchn a game from the loader it get stuck in the green screen
b)When trying the Rebooter Option appear a Code Dump

Any help?

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
preloader issue. look in the preloader thread... the rebooters don't work with it. If your stuck in a green screen you need to force your video mode (or don't depending)

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
when i region changed to ntsc, i reinstalled preloader and used the ntsc hack.ini and with my original pal games the banner didnt show, is this normal? even with the hacks installed or did my region change balls up?

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nutta_nic said:
when i region changed to ntsc, i reinstalled preloader and used the ntsc hack.ini and with my original pal games the banner didnt show, is this normal? even with the hacks installed or did my region change balls up?

This has been the case all along. Nothing so far for NTSC users has made the ICONs for PAL games show up in disc channel with preloader installed. Just using Starfall and rebooter they do show up and play though, but having PreLoader installed stops menu patching region free from working.

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
oh i see, pal shows banners but black screens or some boots, depends on the game! i've heard its a language issue,
am i right in thinking that softchip has a setting where you can let the disk choose the language of the boot? if so can this not be implimented into a hack? or am i way off target here

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
bajeezis guys some progress having started on the preloader thread last night and working through this thread ,( no mean feat btw ) am totally fkd lol and lost a whole day in my life , but like has been said by most of you , read read read , well ive read and ive learnt more in the last 24 hours than i have in the last year ! i may even progress to advanced noob

like others have mentioned in this thread i like this as a kiddie proof option ! i mean i work offshore so if i install the CIOSCORP pack and preloader , i can leave them with a few burned games , that they can use like their originals , with the added preloader options for my peace of mind ( even though starfall is installed )!

my main question is :

im assuming , that i will also be able to remove the sd card when this is all installed ? so there is no way they can access the HBC and the damage they could cause with that ? and in essence leave it looking like a stock wii again ?

also i can totally understand the reasoning to dumping the nand to sd for backup / restoring ! but isnt it nuked by simply updating like ether has mentioned ? or installing a system wad ? like i said im a noob that does read and i feel i just need more clarification here !.........cheers

also can someone send me a link please ? the ratm.net63.net one i have isnt downloading completely , so i gave up on that !

also all respect to you guys , you know who you are , i know you dont do it for thanks , but you certainly get my respect
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif

Soplox

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
digitydogs said:
preloader issue. look in the preloader thread... the rebooters don't work with it. If your stuck in a green screen you need to force your video mode (or don't depending)
Thanks
but i've selected the VIDTV PATCH option in the config of the loader but it shows only the green screen (i'm trying to boot Wiiplay PAL forcing it to NTSC
other thing i've notice is the when i turn on my wii it boot preloader like normal but the wiimote dont find he wii to connect but i turned it off and on liketen times and no response but now is connected

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
geedub said:
can I leave them with a few burned games , that they can use like their originals , with the added preloader options for my peace of mind

im assuming , that i will also be able to remove the sd card when this is all installed ? so there is no way they can access the HBC and the damage they could cause with that ? and in essence leave it looking like a stock wii again ?

also i can totally understand the reasoning to dumping the nand to sd for backup / restoring ! but isnt it nuked by simply updating like ether has mentioned ? or installing a system wad ? like i said im a noob that does read and i feel i just need more clarification here !.........cheers

Yes you can use the Wii with CIOScorp and the burned games, but only patched to, or same region, as your Wii.
Yes the update thru Wii Settings will left your Wii with the original IOS, if you install a SysMenu.wad the CIOScorp package still be there but the preloader will be gone.
Yes if you take out the SD they can't access to the aplications in it, but they still can access to the HBC and send .dol's thru Wi-Fi (but I doubt they know how to do it
tongue.gif
)

CIJC

Trophies
XP
Country
if you want 100% own region backups, and most foreign games to work, CiosCorp + starfall's region free is the way to go. no preloader, just starfall... makes everything so much simpler.
smile.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
nutta_nic said:
now i'm back on 3.2e i cant see the banners anymore, bugger!

Does your SysMenu.wad was patched to ios249..??
huh.gif

QUOTE(CIJC @ Jan 20 2009, 04:38 PM) if you want 100% own region backups, and most foreign games to work, CiosCorp + starfall's region free is the way to go. no preloader, just starfall... makes everything so much simpler.
smile.gif

That doesn't work for out of region games, haven't you read why we are still complaining in this thread, but I wonder if this works for ModChip users..!!
unsure.gif

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
IronMask said:
Yea, how we gonna do it DigityDogs, Ether, Jizmo, Wiicrazy, anyone?? I'm about to toss the towel in on this one... I wouldn't make a pimple on a good coder's ass..
wtf.gif
Did I just say that out loud?!

I'm out of motivation.... what's the problem here, having full region free with disc channel?

Here is the debate...
%99 region free is accomplished by programs like gecko os and freeloader...
How do they do that?
They put a hook into the system menu and redirect system menu to the game patching code in the reloader area,

in this table: http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Memory_Map
here : 0x80001800 0x1800 Unused Exception Vector area often used for loader stubs and reloaders as this area is never cleared or used.

Possibly they change the loaded discs information in the memory so that it matches the wii

The problem is, gecko os needs to restart the system, you possibly don't seek such an option...
Freeloader totally relies on it's apploader to do the patching so no easy porting... yet it has the base...

Another problem is, without rebooting how will you inject that disc information patching code snippet into the reloader area?

Solution 1 : Extra preloader feature... preloader fills some custom binary code into the reloader's area... then with a simple hook patch in the hacks.ini region free is accomplished... like gecko os and freeloader but without the extra rebooting or putting a disc in...

Solution 2 : Current menu patcher's working with preloader can be extended to do the hook type patch... drawbacks : current limitations of those menu patchers... a bit slow..

Solution 3 : This is really the worst solution yet I guess it would be the most powerful one...Find a really rarely used area in the system menu dol (KitayamaTest region?), hard inject the code there and do the hook with preloader's hacks.ini

Solution 4 : Maybe all this is just a mumbo jumbo and someone can find an easier patch to handle the stuff... having seen and examined both usb gecko's and freeloader's source I guess this has 1% chance to happen...

This is my two cents...

CIJC

Trophies
XP
Country
....well why is it working for me?

I have Rock Band 2, Manhunt 2, and Wii Music (NTSC-U) working from the system menu of my PAL wii with the CIOSCORP + STARFALL set up.....

and i am NOT a modchip user.

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
nutta_nic said:
now i'm back on 3.2e i cant see the banners anymore, bugger!

i got it back again i installed the cios wads over the cios i had on already, after region changing back to pal with anyregion changer, i installed preloader with pal hacks, then installed installed cioscorp, but then i ran 3.2e wad because i've had trouble with ARC before, so i tried a ntsc back up and it was a nogo,i patched ios30 because its the system menu right?
checked again and still no banner so i tried reinstalling all of cioscorp for the hell of it, and booyar i'm back again,

would the two 3.2e wads from bushings iso have overwriten some cios or would they not get have touched?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH