• Replies 1,572

Soplox

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
darkdsguy said:
Hey I changed the region of the Mario Tennis(Wii) from NTSC-J to NTSC-U and changed it's language from Japanese to English and it work perfectly from the disc channel

I have starfall, preloader and cioscorp installed

i'll try with other game

EDIT
Oh! and i patched it with Waninkoko's IOSPatcher to 249

EDIT2
I've patched Mario Party 8 from PAL to NTSC and changed it's language to English and patched it with Waninkoko's IOSPatcher and the banner appear in the disc channel and i can plai it exactly like if it were launched from the gamma loader, with screen falling down

i ill try other game

EDIT3

I've patched Mario & Sonic from PAL to NTSC with WiiFrii 2.3b and changed it's languaqe to English the only thing that I think i did wrong this time is that in the wiifrii i selected the brute video patcher to 480p progresive and now i can play it but with no video only sound

I'll try other copy of the same game but with the smart patcher

EDIT4
Wario Land Shake it! I changed it's region from NTSC-J to NTSC-U and its language too and it work perfectly

Changed DK JUNGLE BEAT'S region from NTSC-J to NTSC-U and language to English and patched with Waninkoko's IOSPatcher to 249 and it get stuck in the green screen even from the gamma loader it get stuck in green screen

That's what happened to me
My wii is NTSC-U

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok guys on to the next issue. video mode forcing and a fix for games that have to run in pal/ntsc.
I've noticed that the loaders force a CC setting to either one or zero depending on NTSC or PAL, and saw a comment next to the line that said this basically flips the color output between pal and ntsc fixing color issues. Going to look into this after i get up tomorrow if no one beats me to it.
The region free issues with the disc channel loading from boot with preloader have been solved. see the riskiwii for more details.

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Region Issue with CIOSCORP has been solved. Please refer to the RiskiiMod 1.0 Installer thread. Tested by several NTSC USA users including myself and it's working.

digitydogs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if(forcedpal){
*(u32*)0x800000CC = 1; // color fix, values just reverse
}
if(forcedntsc){
*(u32*)0x800000CC = 0;
}

Possible solution to forcing with preloader?

digitydogs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ugh please dont post that many quotes, or at least trim out the dead space so one post doesnt fill an entire screen. I thinks its working now that we have full region free backup loading from disc channel working.

Skarface05

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey Dog,

Preloader - no longer works for me now as when i hold reset it just dies due to the videomode being mpal in arc.

Thoughts?

I gotta pop out for a bit but will be back in a couple of hours - i hope someone has an idea or a patch to help me as my uk tp disc does not work on mpal it says disc error but on wii set back to pal it works great.

Thanks in advance guys.

digitydogs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i don't think there will be a way to make it work set to mpal... i think you'll have to stick with the plain pal setting. Check the other thread as someone else was commenting on this

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the person who had it working on mpal probably has a monitor that can sync to it. Everybody whould know better than to fiddle around with region setting unless you know exactly what you're doing.

Skarface05

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jizmo - Messing around with yourconsole video setting should not really be a problem as your not changing the region.

Also - MPAL did work for me for like 17 games before it crashed on me.

Anyway - If you are on a PAL wii and change it to NTSC (as long as your tv supports it) you will be able to have all black screen games working as well from disc channel. This is what I have done.

I am yet to fix the other 2 wiis tho as i have only just got back and it's 01:19am.

digitydogs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
your not changing the region but you can cause a system menu region mismatch if its changing what i think it is... this is one that i don't think anyone inexperienced should be trying yet, just the experienced brave or stupid, lol

Skarface05

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You got it
tongue.gif

Id say its ok as long as your tv SUPPORTS it - if not you will likely have a brick of some sort.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended